Another Chat Question

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

janswizard
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Another Chat Question

#1 Postby janswizard » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:17 am

I assume that the names on the right hand side of the chat are the people who are connected to the server, right? (Sorry, I'm not used to chats!)

Are people leaving themselves in this room on a permanent basis? I stopped in this morning and it showed 9 or 10 names but it didn't appear that anyone was chatting.

Also, and I know this sounds like a dumb question, last night someone entered the chat room and messaged me to join a stuff site. Isn't there anyway that someone like that can be refused entry to the chat? I saw someone being kicked out - why couldn't this person be kicked?

I know this sounds really stupid but chat is very intimidating for someone like myself who is only used to discussion boards.

jan
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:28 am

Jan we try very hard to keep trolls out of the room. The "stuff" trolls usually just pop-in and leave before wecan ban them. The "Guard Dog" is a bot that our chat host uses to try and police the room. Some of the other users that you saw in there may have been off surfing at the time or just away from their computers. Even though there's usually people there this time of year pretty much 7x24 we have a regular chat every Saturday night at 8PM EDT. I hope you stop by tonight and say ello to everyone! :-) Practise your speed reading first though ;-)
0 likes   

janswizard
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby janswizard » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:18 am

Thanks, MF_Dolphin. Unfortuately, my work week runs Sundays through Thursdays (I'm a QVC order entry operator) and I have to get up between 3:30 and 4:00 am. By 8pm, my bed is looking pretty good to me. If I show up, it won't be for very long. But thank you for invite.

jan
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#4 Postby ColdFront77 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:35 pm

I tend to stay in the chatroom while I am surfing or away from my computer during the afternoon, evening and night. On mIRC I can see what I missed while I was away.

Often times there is no one conversing in the chatroom for a number of seconds or even a few minutes and someone enters and leaves just as soon as they entered as if no one will see them and say hi. I can understand if quickly entering to see how many and/or who is in the room at the moment because there is no time for them to stay for a period of time.

I am going to access the chatroom just as much as I do now between December 1st and May 31st, I hope others do as well. :D
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#5 Postby weatherlover427 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:41 pm

What I don't like about the Java chatroom is you can't look at the whole chat. I would use IRC but I don't know how to use it. :(
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”