What's up with the

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

weatherlover427

What's up with the

#1 Postby weatherlover427 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:17 pm

new posting method? Instead of getting that screen that tells us that our message has been posted, now we are taken directly to our post. And it is actually SLOWER posting this way than the other way FYI. ;)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#2 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:38 pm

From "Error at Login" thread:

ColdFront77 wrote:I am getting a blank screen rather than either accessing the thread or the forum (for the record I just about exclusively go back to the thread), if I click "Refresh," my posts are doubled [if clicked once].
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#3 Postby weatherlover427 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:43 am

I can post but it takes a million years. I liked the old way better because you could click the forum links and get back to the forum faster.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#4 Postby weatherlover427 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:44 am

Testing how long it takes to post using this method:

6.50 seconds

time to submit edit: 9.04 seconds

Weird that it takes longer to edit than it takes to post :o
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#5 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:23 am

I assume it is a current problem that is occurring along with the other issues I brought up in the thread I mentioned above.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:48 am

There isn't a "new" posting method. After you post a message if you don't click on the index link or return to the forum you have always gone to the post you just made. FOr some reason some pages are not refreshing correctly and that mmay be why you don't see the normal page after you hit submit. We are working with our host to try and resolve the issue.

As far as the edit time, it's always taken longer to edit a post than to submit the original post. When you add a post you are merely adding the nexrt record into the post database. When you edit, the board has to find your original post and then modify save the change. It just takes longer. With our normal traffic almost tripled it's going to take a little longer than normal. :-)
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#7 Postby weatherlover427 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:01 am

oh I thought you changed something on the board. :oops: My fault for the misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”