Just noticed something wrong...

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rob-TheStormChaser

#21 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:25 pm

No....I'm not trying to get a post or anything like that removed. The bottom line is there's just no option there in the event I wanted to delete it for some reason. Its not just one post either. If I could snap a pic of the screen from each post within that thread, you'd see those posts having no delete features on them.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:27 pm

Are these posts that someone used in a quote?
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:28 pm

No clue here! I don't know anything about these things, I thought you could only delete the very last post you make anyways, guess I'm just confused....no surprise there! I'll leave it to mf and Chad, the men will figure it out! :D :lol:
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:32 pm

How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic, this lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied, it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

How do I edit or delete a poll?
As with posts, polls can only be edited by the original poster, a moderator or board admin. To edit a poll click the first post in the topic (this always has the poll associated with it). If no one has cast a vote then users can delete the poll or edit any poll option, however if people have already placed votes only moderators or administrators can edit or delete it. This is to prevent people rigging polls by changing options mid-way through a poll
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#25 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:34 pm

Well....I just posted 5 posts in games....still nothing showing up there with any delete X appearing. They show up here, but apparently not in others. What gives?
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:36 pm

Rob, you don't even get an X in the last one you do? Like, you respond to a game, and you click to look at your answer right away and there is no X or edit button?
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#27 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:39 pm

Nope and even more bizarre.......I waited so the message above this one above yours processed....and it showed the X....now I come back here and its friggin GONE WTF??????
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:41 pm

You know what hun? I give up! LOL, I'm too tired to think anyways, time to call it a night! Hope you get it all figured out! And if not don't worry, you're posts are flawless anyways, :D
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#29 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:42 pm

I'm sorry ya'll but I dont know whats the deal with this now....now I write a message.....hit submit and then let it naturally take me to my message within the thread...and the X shows. As soon as I leave and come back to the messages they are gone. Is this what happens? I thought the delete option was always there? Sorry for keeping this going, but I think there's a flaw in the slaw somewhere.
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:45 pm

hmm, I always thought once you left it, it would be gone, I never paid that much attention! I know if someone else posts it will be gone, but like I said, I can't think straight right now, need sleep!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:48 pm

you sure no one is posting after you.. Cause that is how i am interpreting the instructions i posted above. Once someone posts after you, then you cant delete
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#32 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:57 pm

I know about the non delete feature implemented when someone else posts, but this is happening also outside of the box so to speak...seems weird, but I never really took notice until just today and tonight. Even if someone does NOT post after mine it disappears. While its not a real big deal I suppose, I never really had to use the delete unless I was in the middle of posting it and/or caught it soon enough before someone else posted after me. Ah well....just a weird quirky thing I guess. No Biggie.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#33 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:55 pm

I agree with you Rob. Even minor problems on this or any other messageboard should be pointed out for potential review and maybe an appropriate fix.

If an issue comes up and we feel like notifying it, why shouldn't we? I would appreciate it, if it wasn't considered hype. It is something we feel like bringing up, we should do so.
0 likes   

Intimidator
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#34 Postby Intimidator » Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:44 pm

For Being a "No Biggie" You sure are trying to make a big deal out of nothing. For crying out loud LET IT GO already. Sheeeese :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry: :bcry:

I think that there are other things to worry about in this life than no "X" in the corner. And if you do not need to delete anything, what's the big deal.

Yes, I agree that it should be brought to the attention of the Mods, but enough is enough already.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#35 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:14 am

I agree, Intimidator. I was just responding to a post. Thank you.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”