Cant reply to posts within the same forum???

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rob-TheStormChaser

Cant reply to posts within the same forum???

#1 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:00 pm

Another message popped up in the last 5 minutes...said I could only reply to posts in the same forum! WTF is that? :roll:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:50 pm

I have no idea.. What we're you trying to do?
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:33 am

What I was trying to do is this: azsnowman made a topic post about protesters and after I wrote for 5 minutes and hit reply that message appeared. I then knew and found out he reworded and changed the topic he created and thats why those messages appeared. I'm fairly certain of this.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:50 am

It all working fine now? me and mf went through line by line on the php code and got every out of place jargon we could find
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#5 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:09 am

Its fine. I just dont know why, that if I'm supposed to report all these little deficiencies to you or Marshall based on requests, that I dont get any feedback or its thrust back on me like its not important.

I feel like its not life or death, but no need to overexaggerate me in any way. I simply reported things happening from my standpoint and to ME its a big deal. I only gravitate here as you can plainly see, so I know more than anyone the ins and outs of this place and some of its quirkiness. I've worked with phpbb myself on the older versions and some of the new features arent working up to snuff based on newer versions.

Again, I see something not correlating with my surfing experiences, I report it. Marshall said I should. I did. But I get feedback that suggests I need a life and shouldnt blow these little errors I find out of proportion.

I figured you'd be glad as people running this forum to know that there is someone out there who CAN get back to you in a timely manner and report these things. I wished I had someone like that whenI was running forums awhile ago.

I'm not chewing anyone out here, just would love the same respect that I throw out there. I feel like when I report an error now, anymore I get rolling eyes and seemingly a who cares attitude. I did nothing to warrant this and I simply want an answer to a simple problem...since no one else will take the time to do so.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:24 pm

Come on rob... you want to start being civil then lets start.
It all working fine now? me and mf went through line by line on the php code and got every out of place jargon we could find

me and mf spent hours and hours trying to find out what the problems are that you are having... shoot.. even fought with the wife 3 times cause she was upset i was spending to much time trying to help just one solitary member instead of spend time with my wife and my newborn child. You are up to 10,000 posts a day.. i want to do everything i can to make it smooth for you.

as far as the saying its not a big deal thing... I am the one that said that when i was under the impressoin that it was just a freak incodent in one topic, and you didnt even want to delete it, just were upset the x wasnt there..... And i did not mean it like its not a big deal cause it was you, just ment, and i even said this in that post that life (expecially when computers are involved) Does some wierd corky things.
i have to boot my puter up twice everytime i boot up.. LOL pain in the arse... first time you boot it it has no mouse or keyboard support.. so you have to reboot it again.. I have done everything to fix that problem... Even formated the whole dern thing.. still happens..lol

:rarrow:
I need a life

For the records that was never never said..... You are the life of storm2k here. Me nor mf would ever ever ever say that
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#7 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:17 pm

Chad the point is this: I dont keep you up late at nights and have you have arguments with your wife and child. That is entirely up to your own doing. The point I'm making is that I never even knew, until I just read this, that you even looked into it. That is the feedback I'm striving for. I'm not bending anyone over backwards here. I just want answers. There's no need to relate to the posts either...they just naturally go higher...I never used the post count as a tool for greatness. I am like everyone else. In closing, you guys are the ones I report to when I or anyone has a problem...and I do this voluntarily. I appreciate the work and efforts going into the running of these boards smoothly. I just wished that you guys would get back to me with some news on the issue more promptly. I'm not demanding, just asking, and I always cant be here either...i have a life too outside of here and with this past winter, believe me, I want nothing more than to get the hell away from a computer awhile.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#8 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:50 pm

I try to get to this site as often as possible along with the other things I spend doing online, which is a long time.

When I see even minor issues I report them... or make them known here, in case or even if the admins. know there are problems with certain aspects of the messageboard.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:51 pm

I dont keep you up late at nights and have you have arguments with your wife and child. That is entirely up to your own doing. The point I'm making is that I never even knew, until I just read this, that you even looked into it. That is the feedback I'm striving for. I'm not bending anyone over backwards here. I just want answers. There's no need to relate to the posts either...they just naturally go higher...I never used the post count as a tool for greatness. I am like everyone else. In closing, you guys are the ones I report to when I or anyone has a problem...and I do this voluntarily. I appreciate the work and efforts going into the running of these boards smoothly. I just wished that you guys would get back to me with some news on the issue more promptly. I'm not demanding, just asking, and I always cant be here either...i have a life too outside of here and with this past winter, believe me, I want nothing more than to get the hell away from a computer awhile.

Come on buddy.. please....

Look just before your post where you said we are not realy working on it or care about it.... I had just told you that we went through line by line of code to correct the problem for you (very long and difficult feet)

also please look in the whole tips and help section... we have posted that we workd on everyone of your problems... We strive to make things work righ... This is my second wife..
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”