"Edit times" of our posts in forums

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ColdFront77

"Edit times" of our posts in forums

#1 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:41 pm

Is there any particular reason why some forums have the "edit times" indicated after editing a post only a few minutes, others longer and even others not at all? Thank you in advance. :D
Last edited by ColdFront77 on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:05 pm

Are you talking about when it shows that a post was edited?
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#3 Postby pojo » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:11 pm

I'm not Tom, but that is the same question that I have been wondering. Yes, Marshall, the edit times on the bottom of the post.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:18 pm

There shouldn;t be an "Edit time" unless someone has edited the post... sometime a Mod will edit just to correct a mistake. If you have a specific example for me to look at I will be happy to take a look.. :-)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#5 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:45 pm

Yes, where it shows what time a post was edited. I have edited several of my posts because they don't make sense and/or I didn't say what I wanted to say in them.

I have yet to see a post edited by someone other than the author of that particular post.
Last edited by ColdFront77 on Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#6 Postby weatherlover427 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:48 pm

Is there a way to turn that feature off?
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#7 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:59 pm

It would be nice, wouldn't it Joshua? :D
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:03 am

The only option is to not allow editing. I don't understand what's bothering you about the "edit" showing up. Again if you will give me a specific thread and post I will look at it. :-)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#9 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:59 am

Hello Marshall. Sorry for bringing this issue up.

I was just wondering why there were different time limits and not time limits on certain forums.

It isn't that it is actually bothering me, but seeing that I edited my post twice so many hours after my initial post may be looked upon different among different members.

There is reason to edit out posts, I have an idea why it indicates what time and how many times we edited a post, but specific reasoning and why some forums don't have the same criteria as others, I would think would be an obvious question.

Questions arise and answers are given or aren't known.

Thank you very much.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:07 pm

Tom, there aren't different time limits by forums. The only configuration option is to allow edits by the user. Everything should be the same. If you will give me an example where it's different I'll look into it :-)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#11 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri May 02, 2003 1:52 am

Marshall, I don't remember off hand which forums specifically do and do not indicate the time a post is edited. I would have to test each forum to see what the differences actually are; that is I would have to say type "test" in each forum, edit each tested post (adding characters) after so many minutes pass, and then see which forums indicate that I edited the post I made.

It will be hard to know how many minutes after a post it shows which time a post has been edited. I do know that after at least one response is added to a thread, the post you edit will always have the time your post has been edited.

If we actually do try this test... then we [you] should obviously delete all the tested posts.

I totally understand if you aren't willing to have me or you don't want to try this yourself. I observed this feature and thought I would assist you with these suggestions. I greatly appreciate it. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”