S2K May be Harder to Naviagate with New Forum Set up

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

S2K May be Harder to Naviagate with New Forum Set up

#1 Postby fci » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am

In the TD4 thread we were asked to not discuss any confustion we are having with the threads now split in the Talkin Tropics Forum.

So, here is my suggestion:

Do not segregate discussions between Active Storms and the General Talkin Tropics Sub-Forums.

If you want a single place for users to see advisories then post those in the Active Storms Sub Forum.
Leave the discussions for ALL systems in the General Talkin Tropics Forum whether they are TD, TS, Hurricanes or even Invests.

Leave the model and discussion threads in one place and make it less confusing.
People now have to navigate to two totally different locations to look up discussions of TD 4 and 91L.
This is too confusing and cumbersome!

My opinion.
I welcome others to agree or disagree and hope S2K will look at all the feedback and take action if the majority agree with me or have another suggestion
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

Confusion on Having 2 Different Forums for Storms

#2 Postby artist » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:33 am

IT is getting really confusing (I am not the only one) having to flip between forums. Now there are 2 systems to follow I could easily see those following an active storm would be totally unaware of another storm brewing in the Talkin Tropics forum. I thought I would like it but having this happen changes my mind. I know several others also mentioned in the acitve forum they didn't like it either. Just my 2 cents worth.
0 likes   

miamicanes177
Category 5
Category 5

I do not like the Active Storms forum

#3 Postby miamicanes177 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:50 am

It's not fun to switch back and forth between the Talkin Tropics forum and the Active Storms forum. 91L is in the Talkin Tropics forum and it would make it a whole lot easier to have the tropic topics in one forum.

I appreciate you guys trying to improve the board though. I guess sometimes it's difficult to adjust to change is all.
Last edited by miamicanes177 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

Re: I do not like the Active Storms forum

#4 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:52 am

While it may take some getting use to it actually helps the board's performance. With fewer threads in the Active Storm forum it reduces the strain on the board when people open the forum.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”