Hurricane Archives - Mod Help Please

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

artist
Category 5
Category 5

Hurricane Archives - Mod Help Please

#1 Postby artist » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:32 pm

I am really discouraged by the way the past storm info is being archived. I wanted to find the aftermath topic about Jamaica so I could see if the girl that was not able to get in touch with her parents had yet and to see what area it is that they live in. This, in my opinion, should have been moved to the aftermath forum rather than to the storm archives. When I tried a search on Jamaica I realized the threads are not, for whatever reason, archived by thread and thus cannot easliy ever find the posts that I need since I don't have enough info on them myself. Would this not be an aftermath thread as well as the Mexico one since we are trying to locate info for trying to locate loved ones? I'm just upset, as my friend is still trying to find out about some family there, as well as I don't know if the girl from here has gotten in touch with hers either. If the threads are supposed to be intact, forgive me, but I did not find that to be the case when I searched for Jamaica.

Please understand, I so appreciate all you do here and I know you want to make it the best it can be and I really think this is a major issue. What if this had been about a US state? Noone would be able to help each other without extreme frustration.

Now if the threads are indeed intact, forgive me, but please tell me how to find them that way.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Hurricane Archives - Mod Help Please

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:05 pm

You bring up some valid points that I hadn't considered. Unfortunately the threads have all been combined at this point in time. All the posts are in the single thread so nothing has been lost but it going to take some work to find what you're looking for. We'll see what we can come up with to avoid this in the future.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby artist » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:39 pm

thank you. It's nearly impossible. Fortunately there are not as many that have the word Jamaica in them as there would be with the word West Palm Beach or something similar if a storm had hit the US and we needed to find info on a particular area..
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”