WPAC : TROPICAL DEPRESSION MIRINAE (23W)

Moderator: S2k Moderators

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#61 Postby StormingB81 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:07 am

Plus with those graphs I have noticed that the storm never follows the first path
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC : INVEST 95W

#62 Postby dexterlabio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:13 am

I should continue monitoring this system on Tuesday. It' way too early to speak about this.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#63 Postby ozonepete » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:29 am

dexterlabio wrote:I should continue monitoring this system on Tuesday. It' way too early to speak about this.

There you go! This sytem is way far away to worry about now. If you enjoy following them, it's very interesting, but there's no need for a public interest yet.
0 likes   

oaba09
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#64 Postby oaba09 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:35 am

ozonepete wrote:
dexterlabio wrote:I should continue monitoring this system on Tuesday. It' way too early to speak about this.

There you go! This sytem is way far away to worry about now. If you enjoy following them, it's very interesting, but there's no need for a public interest yet.

Exactly...Nothing to worry about yet...However, I am interested w/ the development of this system...
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#65 Postby dexterlabio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:45 am

Me, too. I am interested with its formation, especially that it is too far, and I wouldn't be surprise to see another supertyphoon roaming around the Pacific ocean soon.

Even though I am fascinated by this type of weather phenomenon, I am still thinking about others who might be affected. For me, it's nice to see a well-defined eye of an intense typhoon, but it is NOT good if it crosses an area and causes destruction.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

drdavisjr
Category 1
Category 1

#66 Postby drdavisjr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:09 am

hello guys, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Oaba09, do you ever remember a year that was so busy and so destructive as this year? I'm not sure if it is because of Ondoy, but this year seems outrageous as far as storms go.

This latest "forecast" of 95W is troubling, but ozonepete, yes I know that it is way too early to start worrying.
0 likes   

oaba09
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#67 Postby oaba09 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:20 am

drdavisjr wrote:hello guys, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Oaba09, do you ever remember a year that was so busy and so destructive as this year? I'm not sure if it is because of Ondoy, but this year seems outrageous as far as storms go.

This latest "forecast" of 95W is troubling, but ozonepete, yes I know that it is way too early to start worrying.

I believe after milenyo left(xangsane) another typhoon came....But yes, this has been a very busy period............I guess ketsana really opened our eyes......
0 likes   

Typhoon Hunter
WesternPacificWeather.com
WesternPacificWeather.com

#68 Postby Typhoon Hunter » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:31 am

drdavisjr wrote:hello guys, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Oaba09, do you ever remember a year that was so busy and so destructive as this year? I'm not sure if it is because of Ondoy, but this year seems outrageous as far as storms go.

Well in 2006 Philippines was hit by:
Chanchu as a TS
Xangsane as a very powerful typhoon killing hundreds
Cimaron as a very powerful typhoon
Chebi as a very powerful typhoon
and Durian as a monster typhoon which killed over a thousand

Let's hope this disturbance and any other's which form for the rest of this year keep clear of the Philippines.
0 likes   
James - Documenting typhoons...

http://www.youtube.com/TyphoonHunter

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#69 Postby ozonepete » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 am

Typhoon Hunter wrote:

Chanchu as a TS

Let's hope this disturbance and any other's which form for the rest of this year keep clear of the Philippines.

2006 was the first year I started following typhoons and it was amazing, especially Xangsane and Cimaron.
Let's hope it's over, but this system out east of the Mariana's is not a good sign...
0 likes   

drdavisjr
Category 1
Category 1

#70 Postby drdavisjr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:39 am

Typhoon Hunter wrote:

Chanchu as a TS

Thanks! I moved here in May of 2006. I remember Xangsane well, but I guess I was so busy adapting to this new culture that the rest didn't get my attention.

Thanks to Ketsana, they have my attention now.
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby dexterlabio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:55 am

2006 is one intense typhoon season. Cimarron, Chebi and Durian hit Luzon within October-November, raising Public Storm Warning Signal #4 in some provinces, 3 times in a row. Of course, there is Xangxane, being the third typhoon in my entire life which wreak havoc in my place (Manila), the first was Rosing (1994) and Seniang (2001).

2009 season surprised me a lot, I thought at first that it will just be an OK season for cyclones to develop, but hey, September and October are the real critical months for typhoon season. Yet, it was already 3 years ago since 2006 when a real supertyphoon made landfall and raise PSWS4 in some provinces, I dunno (and don't wish) if one will come before the year ends.
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#72 Postby dexterlabio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:02 am

Yeah, I just wanna know when the northeast monsoon (amihan) will start to blow again. Amihan completes my Christmas season, the one bringing chills in the -ber months :D However, I have this feeling or belief that the northeast monsoon has a role of driving the cyclones westwards or west-southwestwards. I will appreciate it if someone will correct me about this. Haha.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#73 Postby KWT » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:38 am

Very interesting system, models certainly are keen to taking this close to Luzon and keeping a broad westerly track. I suspect it'll end up a bit further north then predicted but we shall see.

Also good to see the WPAC getting quite a lot of attention for once!
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

drdavisjr
Category 1
Category 1

#74 Postby drdavisjr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:00 am

GFS Forecasts of 850mb Streamlines and Isotachs
Issued: See Image Titles for Initial and Valid Times
Forecasts are issued by the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (model documentation) and are presented as a set of nine panels: the analysis (0 hour forecast), 12 hour forecasts out to 72 hours, followed by 24 hour forecasts out to 120 hours.

Analysis

12 hr

24 hr

36 hr

48 hr

60 hr

72hr

96 hr

120 hr

Note: this looks very much like ECMWF...
0 likes   

oaba09
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#75 Postby oaba09 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:03 am

drdavisjr wrote:GFS Forecasts of 850mb Streamlines and Isotachs
Issued: See Image Titles for Initial and Valid Times
Forecasts are issued by the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (model documentation) and are presented as a set of nine panels: the analysis (0 hour forecast), 12 hour forecasts out to 72 hours, followed by 24 hour forecasts out to 120 hours.

Analysis

12 hr

24 hr

36 hr

48 hr

60 hr

72hr

96 hr

120 hr

Note: this looks very much like ECMWF...

Looks bad for us in the NCR
0 likes   

drdavisjr
Category 1
Category 1

#76 Postby drdavisjr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:05 am

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://wxmaps.org/pix/trop.850.html
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#77 Postby dexterlabio » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:07 am

Is it just me, or the convection of 95W is somewhat decreasing. I am currently viewing JMA's satellite animation in the Pacific and it seems to be like that.
0 likes   

drdavisjr
Category 1
Category 1

#78 Postby drdavisjr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:08 am

oaba09 wrote:Looks bad for us in the NCR

Yes, but not to worry yet.

I have alot of work this week :D No time for storm tracking, unless things start looking really bad and really close.
0 likes   

drdavisjr
Category 1
Category 1

#79 Postby drdavisjr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 am

dexterlabio wrote:Is it just me, or the convection of 95W is somewhat decreasing. I am currently viewing JMA's satellite animation in the Pacific and it seems to be like that.

The current models indicate that 95W will only be a tropical depression or storm; at least that is how it is looking right now. But this is definitely an area of interest for us in NCR.
0 likes   

oaba09
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#80 Postby oaba09 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:14 am

0 likes   

Return to “2009”