Re: ATL : INVEST 92L - Discussion

#21 Postby expat2carib » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 am

0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#22 Postby cycloneye » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 am

This factor may be way SHIP goes bonkers on intensity.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby jlauderdal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 am

hurricaneCW wrote:It's going to be unfortunate for Mexico, they've been gettiing battered this season and this one could end up being really powerful. It's going to be tapping into the warmest waters in the Atlantic basin, who knows how strong it could get. It's intensity may eventually allow for a more northward track but the ridge across the gulf states is in no hurry to leave. The U.S. chances of being hit will probably go way up by late September into October when the troughs are strong enough to finally break down the gulf states ridge.

The storm I fear the most is an Opal like storm, which is a real possibility this season.

battered is a bit on the strong side dont ya think?
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby KWT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 am

This looks alot like Gustav did at this same point, if you look back at the Gustav threat and page 33 I believe you can see the image Hurakan uploaded which shows where pre-Gustav was at the same time.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 am

Well I imagine its more of a localized t'storm effect. but it appears we have a weak closed wind field. there is a ENE wind at Barbados and a west wind in Trinidad

just put the wind over lays on..
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/loop-rgb.html
Last edited by Aric Dunn on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby SFLcane » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 am

Upper pattern says into mexico.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby KWT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:16 am

I agree Aric and its pretty unusual to have west winds down that far south without some sort of circulation at this time of the year.

Cycloneye, thats impressive though it obviously means nothing if the upper conditions don't help out...in this case though I think there will be enough support for a strengthening system.

SFLcane, very true but lets keep an eye on this, its only just at 60W and this is going to be with us for the next 7-10 days at least.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#28 Postby cycloneye » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 am

Sandy, now floater #2 is in the right place. :) Remember yesterday. :)

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#29 Postby HURAKAN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 am

In no hurry to move, that could be horrible if conditions are favorable.

Luis, now it's right!
0 likes   

srainhoutx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby srainhoutx » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 am

Rather impressed with organization over night. No real surprise the NHC chose to declare an invest this morning. Another area virtually untouched this season. It should be an interesting 8-10 days to say the least.
0 likes   
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Wx Infinity Forums
http://wxinfinity.com/index.php

Facebook.com/WeatherInfinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby eastcoastFL » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:31 am

Without having a clear circulation so far the models are not very accurate with guidance. I would say that everyone from south texas to miami should keep an eye on this. If it doesnt develop right away and just drifts to the north it could take it of to the east or right into the islands. My big concern would be haiti.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby Gustywind » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:33 am

0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#33 Postby KWT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 am

HURAKAN wrote:
In no hurry to move, that could be horrible if conditions are favorable.

Luis, now it's right!

Yeah the models suggest this one won't be moving very far in the next 48-72hrs.

The only thing I'll say is that map looks like it takes the system a little to ofar to the south, I'd imagine it'd pick up at least some latitude before then.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#34 Postby Sanibel » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:37 am

Maybe this one will do what we expected the Gaston remnant to do.
0 likes   

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby eastcoastFL » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:44 am

Sanibel wrote:Maybe this one will do what we expected the Gaston remnant to do.

What was that?
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby KWT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am

The only thing that worries me Sanibel is the low level of instablity thats to the north of the system at the moment which has held back Gaston but we will see, I've got a feeling this one will be a Caribbean hurricane to be honest, esp given the amount of time it'll have over the warm basin waters.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby Sanibel » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am

eastcoastFL wrote:
What was that?

There's a lot of untapped potential there from the sun baking the Caribbean all season. Some of us were saying that all the attention being drawn by the recurvers might be countered by a Caribbean storm.

I'm surprised this developed with the Gaston remnants having such a hard time. It was probably aided by the South American ITCZ. To me the rule of thumb here is Hermine started with "juicy" convection and was showing signs of strong development and this one is also starting with juicy convection. It came from what was almost a scattered monsoon trough. Perhaps it is timed with the return of the MJO positive phase?

It's noticeably humid here in south Florida today. This is a change from the drier air we've been having. And the SE trades are finally in place giving us daily afternoon showers.
0 likes   

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby eastcoastFL » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks for the input! You are not kidding, its hot as hell today in south florida.
0 likes   

StormTracker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#39 Postby StormTracker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 am

:uarrow: :uarrow: LOL, it's hot as hell everyday in my part of S. Fla! :lol:
Now, back on topic!
0 likes   
Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet!

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#40 Postby tolakram » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 am

LOOP: http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/ge ... mframes=10

You can really see the inflow setting up ... and a bunch of outflow boundaries from the line of storms coming off the coast.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2010”