ATL: IRENE - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

seahawkjd
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: IRENE - Models

#5021 Postby seahawkjd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:14 am

That GFDL wind swath puts some pretty strong wings inland. Looks like on that Greenville NC gets nailed with 100 mph winds? :eek:
0 likes   
Gloria, Hugo, Emily, Bertha, Bonnie, Dennis (twice), Fran, Floyd, Isabel, Irene, Arthur, Matthew, Florence, Dorian (and many tropical storms and nor'easters).

Duddy
Category 1
Category 1

#5022 Postby Duddy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:23 am

kamqercam wrote:That wind swath looks messed up. If not I'm in trouble if that come about.

I got complacent after the track was trending East, but it looks like its riding the ridge and will move further West than forecastors thought. Looks like we are in for it big time here.
0 likes   

clfenwi
Category 5
Category 5

#5023 Postby clfenwi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 am

06z GFDL 72h

Complete animation
0 likes   

GTStorm
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5024 Postby GTStorm » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 am

Duddy wrote:
kamqercam wrote:That wind swath looks messed up. If not I'm in trouble if that come about.

I got complacent after the track was trending East, but it looks like its riding the ridge and will move further West than forecastors thought. Looks like we are in for it big time here.

6Z GFS is scary...ya'll be safe.
0 likes   

SootyTern
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5025 Postby SootyTern » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:56 am

That track looks horrible for the entire Cheseapeake Bay
0 likes   

UpTheCreek
Category 1
Category 1

#5026 Postby UpTheCreek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:57 am

seahawkjd wrote:That GFDL wind swath puts some pretty strong wings inland. Looks like on that Greenville NC gets nailed with 100 mph winds? :eek:

Obviously, we'll have a much more accurate idea of landfall as time goes on. We have been preparing to ride it out here and are finally prepared. Hardly have given a thought to evacuate, but now we're talking about that. It's hard to leave your property behind, but there's nothing you can really do to save it either. This looks to be much worse than Isabel for us. How much further west will it go?
0 likes   

seahawkjd
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5027 Postby seahawkjd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:24 am

[img]Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Definetely looks like the models shifted west overnight.
0 likes   
Gloria, Hugo, Emily, Bertha, Bonnie, Dennis (twice), Fran, Floyd, Isabel, Irene, Arthur, Matthew, Florence, Dorian (and many tropical storms and nor'easters).

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5028 Postby southerngale » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am

6z GFS at 54 hours

6z GFS at 66 hours
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5029 Postby southerngale » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 am

0z Euro at 75 hours

0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

CronkPSU
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5030 Postby CronkPSU » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 am

The Nam setup look any different this time around?
0 likes   

deltadog03
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#5031 Postby deltadog03 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

the NAM looks like its moving the cane too quickly....IMO
0 likes   

duris
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5032 Postby duris » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am

UpTheCreek wrote:Obviously, we'll have a much more accurate idea of landfall as time goes on. We have been preparing to ride it out here and are finally prepared. Hardly have given a thought to evacuate, but now we're talking about that. It's hard to leave your property behind, but there's nothing you can really do to save it either. This looks to be much worse than Isabel for us. How much further west will it go?

Speaking from experience with Katrina, things can be replaced. Godspeed.
0 likes   

capepoint
Category 1
Category 1

#5033 Postby capepoint » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

Crap, euro right smack over my house with the center.......and gfs a few miles to my west. local models are showing 13 inches of rain possible, on top of already high astronomical tides. looks bad for eastern nc.
0 likes   
Ginger-(eye),Dennis,Diana,Kate,Gloria,Charley-(eye),Allison,Arthur,Bertha,Fran,Josephine,Bonnie,Earl,Dennis-(twice),Floyd, Isabel-(eye),Charley,Ophelia-(eyewall),Ernesto,Barry,Hanna,Irene-(eye),Arthur-(eye), Florence, Dorian, and countless depressions, storms, and nor'easters.

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#5034 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 am

capepoint wrote:Crap, euro right smack over my house with the center.......and gfs a few miles to my west. local models are showing 13 inches of rain possible, on top of already high astronomical tides. looks bad for eastern nc.

Prepare now for sure. I dropped a truckload off there once. What a beautiful city with a great ocean view. Things can be replaced. Its best to get out of dodge if the track doesnt change by Tommorrow
0 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5035 Postby Stephanie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:12 am

duris wrote:
UpTheCreek wrote:Obviously, we'll have a much more accurate idea of landfall as time goes on. We have been preparing to ride it out here and are finally prepared. Hardly have given a thought to evacuate, but now we're talking about that. It's hard to leave your property behind, but there's nothing you can really do to save it either. This looks to be much worse than Isabel for us. How much further west will it go?

Speaking from experience with Katrina, things can be replaced. Godspeed.

Thank you for the reminder. You're absolutely right.
0 likes   

capepoint
Category 1
Category 1

#5036 Postby capepoint » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 am

SEASON_CANCELED wrote:
capepoint wrote:Crap, euro right smack over my house with the center.......and gfs a few miles to my west. local models are showing 13 inches of rain possible, on top of already high astronomical tides. looks bad for eastern nc.

Prepare now for sure. I dropped a truckload off there once. What a beautiful city with a great ocean view. Things can be replaced. Its best to get out of dodge if the track doesnt change by Tommorrow

That would be the smart thing to do, but I'm a firefighter, so we have to stay. part of the job, ya know.... At least I may be able to provide some on the spot reports, as long as internet and 3g hold out.
0 likes   
Ginger-(eye),Dennis,Diana,Kate,Gloria,Charley-(eye),Allison,Arthur,Bertha,Fran,Josephine,Bonnie,Earl,Dennis-(twice),Floyd, Isabel-(eye),Charley,Ophelia-(eyewall),Ernesto,Barry,Hanna,Irene-(eye),Arthur-(eye), Florence, Dorian, and countless depressions, storms, and nor'easters.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#5037 Postby ozonepete » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 am

capepoint wrote:
SEASON_CANCELED wrote:

That would be the smart thing to do, but I'm a firefighter, so we have to stay. part of the job, ya know.... At least I may be able to provide some on the spot reports, as long as internet and 3g hold out.

Best of luck to you. Nobody knows better how to use caution than you guys, but still, be careful.
0 likes   

tigerpaws17
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#5038 Postby tigerpaws17 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 am

With the models starting to trend more west, any one think the track will trend far enough west to hurricane force winds from Charleston, SC northward?
0 likes   

seahawkjd
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5039 Postby seahawkjd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:29 am

[/quote][/quote]

I grew up in Beaufort and my parents still live there. I'm trying to get them to either go to my sister's house in Greenville or my place in Raleigh. The trend is no longer our friend here in NC.....
0 likes   

GTStorm
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re:

#5040 Postby GTStorm » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am

tigerpaws17 wrote:With the models starting to trend more west, any one think the track will trend far enough west to hurricane force winds from Charleston, SC northward?

The Charleston NWS forecast does mention the more westward trend (and weaker trough), and upped the precipation forecast. Keeps the wind forecast brisk, but nothing too extreme.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

Return to “2011”