WPAC: AERE (1101/03W/Bebeng) - Tropical Storm

Moderator: S2k Moderators

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

WPAC: AERE (1101/03W/Bebeng) - Tropical Storm

#1 Postby StormingB81 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:41 pm

It is located at: 58N-1569E

Sorry I am not home so I am unable to put a photo up. It is on the NRL site though.

This one has a way to go to effect any land if it even does form into anything..it is SE of Guam.

Nothing on JTWC or JMA
Last edited by senorpepr on Sat May 07, 2011 3:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: JMA Upgrade to Aere
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: Invest 93w

#2 Postby dexterlabio » Sun May 01, 2011 2:09 am

What do you think about this newly-formed invest?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby dexterlabio » Sun May 01, 2011 2:13 am

Recent shear tendency on the Western Pacific. I just want to post it anyway cause the previous invests were killed by the shear, and I think the chances of these invests to develop further rely on the condition of the shear in the ocean.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#4 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Sun May 01, 2011 6:10 am

Agreed it does have a while to go, I did a video up on it today, also the large low over Japan later on but the first part is towards this invest.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQy0ictrTPQ[/youtube]

On another note, these youtube videos are really taking off, kind of surprised at how well they are doing. If anyone is interested in learning on the program and maybe working on these as well for this coming season let me know.
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#5 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

NGPS taking a leap on this one now,

0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

phwxenthusiast
Category 2
Category 2

#6 Postby phwxenthusiast » Mon May 02, 2011 3:30 am

numerous models hinting at this one--TD/TS probably by the latter part of this week...
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#7 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon May 02, 2011 3:45 am

Not trying to spam this video so I'm just going to link it here, but I talk about 93W in it, my quick thoughts on it but ya the models are really picking up on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG2d8uPKCKI
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#8 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 am

ECMWF piking up on something in the SCS in the 10th as well, not sure if they are related

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts ... 12!!!step/
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby dexterlabio » Mon May 02, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks Rob for the updates! Agree with you on that, shear seems to be tough for some cyclonic development on the area, unless if the shear would relax in the coming days.

At this point of the year, cyclones form in the SCS and track north or northeast. I think I would buy the euro models this time.
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#10 Postby Extratropical94 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am

As you said in your video analysis, Rob, just a cluster of thunderstorms without any notable organization.

0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#11 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon May 02, 2011 8:19 pm

GFS and NGPS really going strong on this in the PI sea for the 8th and 9th.

0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby dexterlabio » Tue May 03, 2011 2:36 am

Recent forecast models. Looks like this is going to affect the areas somewhere in Central Philippines, though I am not sure if it is indeed this invest picking up as shown in the models. I find the GFS track somewhat erroneous like it initialized the system far south.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#13 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 am

If you want to swirl forecast then theirs a swing in the winds south of Guam, could be the start of something? Probably not, but something to watch.
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby dexterlabio » Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 am

ABPW10 PGTW 031400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/031400Z-040600ZMAY2011//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
(1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 6.4N 133.7E,
APPROXIMATELY 80 NM SOUTHWEST OF PALAU. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY SHOWS A WEAK AND UNORGANIZED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
EMBEDDED WITHIN THE MONSOON TROUGH. DEEP CONVECTION IS MINIMAL AND
FLARING. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM IS LOCATED JUST
EQUATORWARD OF THE RIDGE AXIS IN AN AREA OF LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR
AND DIVERGENCE ALOFT. SURFACE OBSERVATIONS FROM PALAU INDICATE 1009
MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. DUE TO
THE FAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS AND HIGH SEA SURFACE
TEMPERATURES, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
(2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) AS POOR. //
NNNN
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#15 Postby Extratropical94 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:51 pm

In the last paragraph of the JTWC outlook, why do they say that development chances are poor DUE TO favorable conditions?
Do they want to say that the conditions are bad because of favorable environment or do they want to express that they upgraded them to poor because of the good conditions?
0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#16 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Wed May 04, 2011 12:10 am

ET, coming from someone that works with JT and these warnings I can agree with you on the confusion of the poor, fair and good system.

I'm sure this will be upgraded to fair soon though. But overall the level it is set at is based on the amount of atmospheric ingredients that are available at the current time. I.E Coriolis, shear, SST's. Not so much the model analysis.

With that said though they say it is upgraded to poor because it was nothing before. But conditions are still not prime. (I know confusing right?)

I'm sure we will see this upgraded here soon though.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#17 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 am

Also I think NGPS is the MOC on this system, they seem to be producing it more ET vice a fully developed warm core low in the PI sea.

Also I want to mention Just south of Palua there really is a well organized circulation on this. We may see a TCFA out soon.

Last edited by RobWESTPACWX on Wed May 04, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#18 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Wed May 04, 2011 12:15 am

Last thing I want to note, is as from someone from the West Pac, these storms are so not followed. Its rather funny. In the Atlantic an invest blew up and there was about 500 replies. Here, GFS is developing a full fledged system and no one is around! Wake up people!
0 likes   

phwxenthusiast
Category 2
Category 2

Re:

#19 Postby phwxenthusiast » Wed May 04, 2011 12:55 am

Extratropical94 wrote:In the last paragraph of the JTWC outlook, why do they say that development chances are poor DUE TO favorable conditions?
Do they want to say that the conditions are bad because of favorable environment or do they want to express that they upgraded them to poor because of the good conditions?

is it because they're forecasting for the next 24 hours?? most models are not developing until late this week anyway so yeah i can i understand why they're giving a low chance of development currently...:)

RobWESTPACWX wrote:Last thing I want to note, is as from someone from the West Pac, these storms are so not followed. Its rather funny. In the Atlantic an invest blew up and there was about 500 replies. Here, GFS is developing a full fledged system and no one is around! Wake up people!

lol, oh they'll come! could be the 1st TS this season, what do you think??
0 likes   

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby euro6208 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:59 am

I predict in the next 12 to 24 hours, we will see Tropical Storm Aere.

Aere is a Marshallese word meaning *storm*.

May God Bless All.
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Return to “2011”