ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L

#21 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:52 am

IMO,the more it delays the development phase,the more west it goes and the first on the line of fire are the Lesser Antilles islands.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 am

cycloneye wrote:IMO,the more it delays the development phase,the more west it goes and the first on the line of fire are the Lesser Antilles islands.

I'm very interested to see what its forward speed is like over the next 24-48hrs, the ECM is a good bit quicker than the GFS. That should give a good indication of what is likely with regards to develop in the next few days.

10% looks reasonable enough to me for now though.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby hurricanes1234 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:37 am

The storm looks fat. :P
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby hurricanes1234 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 am

Does anyone know of a website that updates their eastern Atlantic images every 30 minutes? The Latest Satellite Imagery has eastern Atlantic images, but they update theirs every 6 hours, which is too long apart for me. I need one that updates the eastern Atlantic every 30 minutes.
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

Fego
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby Fego » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:51 am

hurricanes1234 wrote:Does anyone know of a website that updates their eastern Atlantic images every 30 minutes? The Latest Satellite Imagery has eastern Atlantic images, but they update theirs every 6 hours, which is too long apart for me. I need one that updates the eastern Atlantic every 30 minutes.

may be this two...

http://sat24.com/en/wa

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/rtwx/ewall/SAT ... ntvis.html
0 likes   
Go Giants! Go Niners! Go Warriors!

jconsor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#26 Postby jconsor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:55 am

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MS ... /index.htm (every hour)

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MS ... /index.htm (every 30 min)

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/om ... sat_3.html (every hour - entire W. Hemisphere)

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/sat_enh_atl.html (enhanced IR - every 3 hours)

hurricanes1234 wrote:Does anyone know of a website that updates their eastern Atlantic images every 30 minutes? The Latest Satellite Imagery has eastern Atlantic images, but they update theirs every 6 hours, which is too long apart for me. I need one that updates the eastern Atlantic every 30 minutes.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 am

Given SSD, looks like 94L position is more south and the west compared to the previous one. As Cycloneye cleary mentionned it, this could have a significant importance for us in the Lesser Antilles. Let's wait and see for now.

17/1145 UTC 11.1N 23.1W TOO WEAK 94L
17/0545 UTC 11.6N 18.5W TOO WEAK 94L
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 am

8 AM TWD

THE MOST RECENT RAWINSONDE DATA FOR BAMAKO IN MALI SHOW
THAT A TROPICAL WAVE HAS PASSED THAT STATION DURING THE LAST
48 HOURS OR SO. CURRENT SATELLITE IMAGERY AND OTHER OBSERVATIONS
SUGGEST A COMPARATIVELY LOWER AMPLITUDE TROPICAL WAVE THAT IS
ALONG 17W TO THE SOUTH OF 12N. NUMEROUS STRONG CONVECTIVE
PRECIPITATION IS FROM 8N TO 13N BETWEEN 22W AND 27W.
THIS PRECIPITATION ALSO IS IN THE MONSOON TROUGH.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 am

Yep so looks like this one has emerged a good deal south of where the last one that became Gordon has done.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Models

#30 Postby Blown Away » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 am

hurricanetrack wrote:Kind of hard to imagine that the same pattern would be in place for so many seasons in a row - allowing only Irene to get past the proverbial goalie. No matter, I always think of Frances in 2004 and how so many people wrote it off immediately as "going fishing". Look how that turned out. The pattern could change just enough but it is really tough to see that happening since we've in this re-curve rut for so long. I guess we will just have to watch and wait it out....

Past 6 seasons, Ike/Irene are the only hurricanes to go above the Caribbean and make a CONUS landfall.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05... EYE COMING MY WAY IN 2024…
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

otowntiger
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby otowntiger » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 am

KWT wrote:Past 6 seasons, Ike/Irene are the only hurricanes to go above the Caribbean and make a CONUS landfall.
Frankly isn't that a rarity anyway? I mean even under normal circumstances (whatever 'normal' is) its rare for a storm to go north of the islands and yet still affect the U.S. mainland without re-curving, right? It seems that if you look at any historical map depicting the tracks of all storms of all time you will see that way more re-curve in similar positions than don't, am I right? Of course its a different story for storms that 'shoot the gap' through the Caribbean and get under the Greater Antilles.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am

its is extremely close to being a TD. there are signs of low level banding. deep persistent convection. with some visible images this morning they should go up to probably 40 or 50 at 2.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#33 Postby CrazyC83 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:40 am

I don't like the looks of this one...and if 07L becomes Helene, we might see the curse of the "I" storm again (Isaac)
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#34 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 am

I also strongly suspect this will become a major hurricane unless it shoots NW very early, which it shouldn't do.
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#35 Postby ROCK » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 am

KWT wrote:I also strongly suspect this will become a major hurricane unless it shoots NW very early, which it shouldn't do.

yep, should have ideal conditions as the GFS and EURO seem to think....as well as the SHIPS intensity model which I thought was a bit extreme but conditions look good right now.....huge system BTW....
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Re:

#36 Postby CrazyC83 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am

ROCK wrote:
KWT wrote:I also strongly suspect this will become a major hurricane unless it shoots NW very early, which it shouldn't do.

yep, should have ideal conditions as the GFS and EURO seem to think....as well as the SHIPS intensity model which I thought was a bit extreme but conditions look good right now.....huge system BTW....

If that SHIPS run verifies, most likely this becomes at least a Cat 4 down the road...
0 likes   

EBrads146
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#37 Postby EBrads146 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am

Edit:
I don't like the looks of this, I easily see this becoming a major down the road as well.
Just my opinion.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#38 Postby tolakram » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 am

saved loop

Click on the I for the invest, select VIS/SWIR and click the ANIGIF button to animate the image. Once working click the capture button at the top, which will generate an animated GIF you can save and upload to imageshack (or the image server of your choice) to display here.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

HurricaneAndrew92

#39 Postby HurricaneAndrew92 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 am

I honestly want to watch this, I live on the east coast. Would say a 20-30 at 2. Would love to see my first hurricane in over 20 years.
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#40 Postby CrazyC83 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 am

HurricaneAndrew92 wrote:I honestly want to watch this, I live on the east coast. Would say a 20-30 at 2. Would love to see my first hurricane in over 20 years.

What was your last hurricane?

I agree on those probabilities. Being so far from land, they can be more conservative, unlike with ex-TD7 which they would have to upgrade immediately.
Last edited by CrazyC83 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Return to “2012”