ATL: INVEST 91L

Moderator: S2k Moderators

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L

#21 Postby GCANE » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Those hot towers kicked off some fast cirrus building.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floater ... -long.html
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby NDG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 pm

It sucks that I will feel the effects of 91L while I vacation down here in South Beach. I was talking to some of the tourists telling them that a tropical disturbance was forming near the Bahamas and they were looking at me like I was nuts, it never fails, lol.
This is a view from the beach as one of the squall like squalls moved in, and now is storming bad.
Remember who told you to keep an eye on this tropical wave when it was to move over the Bahamas :wink:

0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Looking at the low level cloud lines into the convection...I can see SW, S, SE, and E winds at the very least. With convection continuing to fire dramatically in the same locations (organized?), only a matter of time before inflow starts being pulled in from the other sectors...and then hello surface low!
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby fci » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Probably not much time for this to develop much to affect South Florida with more than type weather we are getting right now. Quick moving thunderstorms and gusty winds. If it is to intensify we will see done quick clearing as it consolidates. I don't see much more than rainy weather with some quick bursts of heavy rain. Good continuation of drought buster weather we have had here on the east coast of Fl. Southwest Fl. Could really use this rain. We were like 5th wettest July and west coast was like 5th driest!

Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby NDG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:33 pm

You can definetely see a surface circulation just south of or near Andros Island taking shape, Key West is now reporting a NW wind.
0 likes   

Weatherboy1
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby Weatherboy1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Big blow up of convection over the Andros area now, which is where the tropical models were initialized, roughly. If it IS going to develop into anything more than a rainmaker, that's the area to watch.
0 likes   

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby fci » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:33 pm

sunnyday wrote:Are the So Fla mets saying anything about this one? I have a friend in that vicinity leaving on vacation tomorrow who wonders if he should make any preps to his house before leaving. Any ideas? 8-) 8-)

I don't see any preps needed as the weather should be typical Florida type thunderstorms, nothing to prepare for.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#28 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Just took my first look at this. Interesting to say the least. It does look like there may be an elongated sw-ne llc trying to form, but it certainly doesn't have time to do much if it is moving W.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#29 Postby Blown Away » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Convection is bombing! It is raining hard here in West Palm Beach.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby NDG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah, not the best UL conditions for 91L to strengthen to other than a weak tropical storm, if that, the UL trough is too close to it giving it a subtropical like set up.
However, if it stays over water longer than thought, UL conditions can become better starting tomorrow and we know how fast tropical systems can strengthen over the gulf stream.
0 likes   

Florida1118
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby Florida1118 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:46 pm

"UPPER-LEVEL WINDS COULD BECOME A LITTLE MORE CONDUCIVE FOR DEVELOPMENT OVER THE WEEKEND AS THE TROUGH MOVES TO THE NORTHWEST AT 5 TO 10 MPH." -From 2pm TWO

Thats the key though. If conditions in the NE gulf allow, after it passes over FL it may have time to spin up.
0 likes   

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#32 Postby fci » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:47 pm

NDG wrote:Yeah, not the best UL conditions for 91L to strengthen to other than a weak tropical storm, if that, the UL trough is too close to it giving it a subtropical like set up.
However, if it stays over water longer than thought, UL conditions can become better starting tomorrow and we know how fast tropical systems can strengthen over the gulf stream.

Being over water longer also entails a Northward component to movement.
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#33 Postby GCANE » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 pm

May see the development of an anti-cyclone just south of Andros later tonight.

That large cell is firing in low shear.

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/nexdat/CONUS ... bean.0.jpg

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/w ... oom=&time=
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#34 Postby NDG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

fci wrote:
NDG wrote:Yeah, not the best UL conditions for 91L to strengthen to other than a weak tropical storm, if that, the UL trough is too close to it giving it a subtropical like set up.

Being over water longer also entails a Northward component to movement.

I am not buying the BAM models track, I think it will move northward along SE coast of FL making landfall near Cape Canaveral or just southward, I am not sure if it would make it out to the gulf.

0 likes   

Houstonia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Sharpstown, Houston, Harris County, Southeast Texas.

#35 Postby Houstonia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Some of the models show 91 being a possible weather-maker for NoLa and even Texas further down the line (the BAMS in particular). Obviously, as a SETX resident, I'm wondering what you all make of that possibility?

thanks!
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#36 Postby tolakram » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Inflow around that blowup starting to look impressive.

live loop: http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/ge ... mframes=10

Speed it up to better show the movement.

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#37 Postby NDG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Nassau's pressure is still relatively high but it continues to lower, down 3 mb from yesterday.

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/MYNN.html
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby GCANE » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Getting a really nice infeed of unstable air coming in from SW of Andros.

Its firing off convection on the north shore of Cuba as well.

Seeing LI values down to -9.

0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#39 Postby gatorcane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Certainly looks like this system is trying to organize and I expect the NHC could raise development chances again next adivsory...good thing it won't have much time over water. Shear is dropping and SSTs are very warm.

The NOGAPS model may just have been on to something yesterday when it showed his area spinning up.

How much it can erode the ridge and where it erodes it may impact the future track of Ernesto.
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#40 Postby GCANE » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 pm

0 likes   

Return to “2012”