ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Message
Author
toto
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:30 am

#8681 Postby toto » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:16 pm

.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

Can someone please tell me if that "tail" that stretches from
the remnants of Isaac all the way across the Texas coast
is part of Isaac? What's happening ?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/comp/ceus/avn-l.jpg


Is Isaac going to pull a Hurricane Ivan [come back around and hit the USA again ?]


.
0 likes   

User avatar
somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff
Posts: 3664
Age: 29
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 10:30 pm
Location: Eastern Dallas County, TX

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8682 Postby somethingfunny » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 pm

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
FLASH FLOOD WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
304 PM CDT SAT SEP 1 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW ORLEANS HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL ST. TAMMANY PARISH IN SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA...

* UNTIL 900 PM CDT

* AT 251 PM CDT...ST TAMMANY PARISH OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
REPORTED THAT THE PEARL RIVER DIVERSION CANAL LOCK AND DAM NUMBER
TWO IS ABOUT TO FAIL. HEAVY SCOUR IS TAKING PLACE ALONG SIDE THE
RELIEF SILL. THE CURRENT STAGE IS 18.5 FEET AT BUSH.

THIS IS A FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR ALL RESIDENTS AND INTEREST
DOWNSTREAM OF PEARL RIVER LOCK AND DAM #2 NEAR BUSH DOWNSTREAM TO
HIGHWAY 36 AT HICKORY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

FLOOD WATERS WILL MOVE DOWN THE PEARL RIVER DIVERSION CANAL FROM THE
LOCK NUMBER 2 TO HICKORY.

A FLASH FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT OR OCCURRING.
IF YOU ARE IN THE WARNING AREA MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND IMMEDIATELY.
RESIDENTS LIVING ALONG STREAMS AND CREEKS SHOULD TAKE IMMEDIATE
PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CROSS
SWIFTLY FLOWING WATERS OR WATERS OF UNKNOWN DEPTH BY FOOT OR BY
AUTOMOBILE.


This is for the Pearl River, not the Tangipahoa River that was such a huge concern yesterday.
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be used as such. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

Click here to join us in Storm2k.org's official (and operational!) chatroom!

Rules for the Storm2k.org chatroom

toto
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:30 am

Re:

#8683 Postby toto » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:36 pm

toto wrote:.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

Can someone please tell me if that "tail" that stretches from
the remnants of Isaac all the way across the Texas coast
is part of Isaac? What's happening ?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/comp/ceus/avn-l.jpg


Is Isaac going to pull a Hurricane Ivan [come back around and hit the USA again ?]


.




The Weather Channel talked about Isaac's "tail" briefly yesterday...
something about part of it coming down as a front or with a front.

Today the "tail" is more pronounced than ever and looks like a front.

Can anyone here explain further ?


Thanks :)



.
0 likes   

User avatar
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive
Posts: 28266
Age: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:31 pm
Location: Spring Branch area, Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Re:

#8684 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:18 pm

toto wrote:
toto wrote:.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

Can someone please tell me if that "tail" that stretches from
the remnants of Isaac all the way across the Texas coast
is part of Isaac? What's happening ?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/comp/ceus/avn-l.jpg


Is Isaac going to pull a Hurricane Ivan [come back around and hit the USA again ?]


.



The Weather Channel talked about Isaac's "tail" briefly yesterday...
something about part of it coming down as a front or with a front.

Today the "tail" is more pronounced than ever and looks like a front.

Can anyone here explain further ?


Thanks :)
.

Basics are that post tropical Issac is still getting some of his moisture feed from the GOM. We had some torrential downpours from that "feeder band" draped across the Texas coast. It did help keep our temps way below the expected highs today. No fronts are expected in our area for another week or so.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:
Image

User avatar
DoctorBoudreaux
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

#8685 Postby DoctorBoudreaux » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:35 pm

The Wind current web site http://hint.fm/wind/ clearly shows the continuing influence of the remains of Isacc on the weather patterns from the Gulf Coast to the Lake Michigan. Granted it is a low pressure center now with several fronts circling it like spokes on a wheel, but it has amazing persistence! I think the long term effects of Isacc will cause a lot of re-thinking of those folks who minimize the impact of a Cat 1 or TS making landfall anywhere in the US.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CrazyC83
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 26760
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Deep South, for the first time!

#8686 Postby CrazyC83 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Is there any chance Isaac could make it into the Atlantic and redevelop off the mid-Atlantic coast?
0 likes   

User avatar
Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: SW New Brunswick, Canada
Contact:

Re:

#8687 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm

CrazyC83 wrote:Is there any chance Isaac could make it into the Atlantic and redevelop off the mid-Atlantic coast?


If so it'd be more a typical 'nor'easter' type low than as a TC, judging by both the low & upper level setup.

The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

jinftl
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 4308
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: fort lauderdale, fl

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8688 Postby jinftl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm

One thing for sure...Isaac brought copious amounts of rain to some places that didn't need it - SE FLA, SE LA/MS Gulf Coast....and some places that did...northern LA, AR, TN & MO River Valley


Image
0 likes   

User avatar
Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2
Posts: 663
Age: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Location: Miami,Florida

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8689 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 am

So what are the chances of this redeveloping in the GOM as some models are suggesting?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

toto
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:30 am

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8690 Postby toto » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:52 am

Hurricane Alexis wrote:

So what are the chances of this redeveloping in the GOM as some models are suggesting?





That's interesting. Do you have a link to those models ?

How about that part of Isaac that is now offshore NC ?

If I remember correctly, that's what crazy Hurricane Ivan did.


.
0 likes   

User avatar
Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2
Posts: 663
Age: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Location: Miami,Florida

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8691 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:13 pm

toto wrote:
Hurricane Alexis wrote:

So what are the chances of this redeveloping in the GOM as some models are suggesting?





That's interesting. Do you have a link to those models ?

How about that part of Isaac that is now offshore NC ?

If I remember correctly, that's what crazy Hurricane Ivan did.


Use this site. Both the 6z GFS and 00z Euro show this scenario.

http://www.americanwx.com/raleighwx/models.html

.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

User avatar
Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2
Posts: 663
Age: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Location: Miami,Florida

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8692 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:13 pm

toto wrote:
Hurricane Alexis wrote:

So what are the chances of this redeveloping in the GOM as some models are suggesting?





That's interesting. Do you have a link to those models ?

How about that part of Isaac that is now offshore NC ?

If I remember correctly, that's what crazy Hurricane Ivan did.



.


Use this site. Both the 6z GFS and 00z Euro show this scenario.

http://www.americanwx.com/raleighwx/models.html
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 15090
Age: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: Chicago.... definately need to be back in the action..
Contact:

#8693 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 am

the 00z models are more aggressive on what appears to be issac remnants somewhere in the eastern gulf/western atlantic. the euro does eastern gulf along with the cmc. going to be interesting.
0 likes   
Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

User avatar
cycloneye
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator
Posts: 109185
Age: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:54 am
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re:

#8694 Postby cycloneye » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:59 am

Aric Dunn wrote:the 00z models are more aggressive on what appears to be issac remnants somewhere in the eastern gulf/western atlantic. the euro does eastern gulf along with the cmc. going to be interesting.


That is why this thread has remained here and not already in the archieves forum. :) Although there may be a debate about if is going to be Issac remnants.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 15090
Age: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: Chicago.... definately need to be back in the action..
Contact:

Re: Re:

#8695 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 am

cycloneye wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:the 00z models are more aggressive on what appears to be issac remnants somewhere in the eastern gulf/western atlantic. the euro does eastern gulf along with the cmc. going to be interesting.


That is why this thread has remained here and not already in the archieves forum. :) Although there may be a debate about if is going to be Issac remnants.


yeah looking at sat loops at least to me it appears to be the remnants... interesting the euro keeps it over water for a good amount of time.
0 likes   
Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

superstareporter
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

#8696 Postby superstareporter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 am

So where exactly are the remnants located right now, and where can I see the models for this to redevelop? This is extremely interesting to me as I was hit by Ivan almost 4 times! Once in Pensacola, then at my wife's parents in Maryland where we went to the day after the storm, then in Port Charlotte at her sister's where we went after her parents because the house was too small for all of us, then we left there to go home to check on our stuff and Ivan headed back to Pensacola only to drift to SETX/LA. That was a storm that NEVER seemed to want to go away!!
0 likes   

CrazyC83
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 26760
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Deep South, for the first time!

#8697 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:22 am

If it drifts into water and redevelops, it is still Isaac and not Nadine?
0 likes   

User avatar
Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:05 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re:

#8698 Postby Hurricanehink » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am

CrazyC83 wrote:If it drifts into water and redevelops, it is still Isaac and not Nadine?


I still (respectably) disagree with the NHC's decision on Ivan, mostly how the area was devastated by the storm, and then it came back a week later. The storms are supposed to be named to prevent confusion, but a situation like this only enhances the confusion, IMO. I think we'll find out the NHC's decision when (and if) a TWO is issued. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/text/TWOAT/2004/TWOAT.200409201526 - in the first TWO that mentioned Ivan's remnants, they emphasized the connection to Ivan.

Disclaimer: this is not a forecast, just some ramblings by an amateur.
0 likes   

CrazyC83
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 26760
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Deep South, for the first time!

Re: Re:

#8699 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 am

Hurricanehink wrote:
CrazyC83 wrote:If it drifts into water and redevelops, it is still Isaac and not Nadine?


I still (respectably) disagree with the NHC's decision on Ivan, mostly how the area was devastated by the storm, and then it came back a week later. The storms are supposed to be named to prevent confusion, but a situation like this only enhances the confusion, IMO. I think we'll find out the NHC's decision when (and if) a TWO is issued. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/text/TWOAT/2004/TWOAT.200409201526 - in the first TWO that mentioned Ivan's remnants, they emphasized the connection to Ivan.

Disclaimer: this is not a forecast, just some ramblings by an amateur.


Does anyone remember if they gave the "Ivan" low (before regenesis) a new Invest number or kept it as 09L? That would be a good indicator on what the NHC decides if this gets back to water.
0 likes   

superstareporter
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#8700 Postby superstareporter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:37 am

I cant find anywhere that mentions where the remnants are right now, and where they are predicted to emerge into water :) HELP!
0 likes   


Return to “2012”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests