Moderator: S2k Moderators

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 90L - Discussion

#181 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 am

ozonepete wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
tolakram wrote:Can someone point to the LLC?

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/ge ... mframes=12

All I see is an oblong area of rotating clouds that seem to be getting less organized by the minute. :)

The little structure to the north is just a eddy.

So do you see any center at any level?

that the general mean center at the surface.. not much of a mid level circ.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

rainstorm

#182 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 am

LarryWx wrote:

All I see is an oblong area of rotating clouds that seem to be getting less organized by the minute. :)

The interest being given this benign invest is indicative of how boring and slow it is out there with regard to U.S. threats during the now peak of the season.

its the only thing thats even close to being a threat. if the euro is right it may end up a threat, lol
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#183 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 am

rainstorm wrote:
LarryWx wrote:

The interest being given this benign invest is indicative of how boring and slow it is out there with regard to U.S. threats during the now peak of the season.

its the only thing thats even close to being a threat. if the euro is right it may end up a threat, lol

RS,
What do you mean about the Euro? Even the Euro does practically nothing with it.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

rainstorm

#184 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 am

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/stat ... 32/photo/1

thats JB's interpretation of the euro. the euro only has it as a weak reflction, but it is there.
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#185 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am

rainstorm wrote:https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/status/244082519010578432/photo/1

thats JB's interpretation of the euro. the euro only has it as a weak reflction, but it is there.

OMG, he's really desperate and probably quite bored, himself.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#186 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 am

rainstorm wrote:https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/status/244082519010578432/photo/1

well hes calling it isaac but im sure that will be debated forever... but the euro does take it on strange course very similar to many of the gfs ensemble members.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

rainstorm

Re: Re:

#187 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 am

LarryWx wrote:

OMG, he's really desperate and probably quite bored, himself.

i imagine right now he is hoping for something to do what he predicts. 90L does appear a bit better today.
0 likes   

rainstorm

#188 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:50 am

Aric Dunn wrote:

well hes calling it isaac but im sure that will be debated forever... but the euro does take it on strange course very similar to many of the gfs ensemble members.

yea, if anything is left of it in 10 days sitting in the bahamas or just north, who knows?
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#189 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:55 am

rainstorm wrote:
LarryWx wrote: OMG, he's really desperate and probably quite bored, himself.

i imagine right now he is hoping for something to do what he predicts. 90L does appear a bit better today.

Better than what? Also, it will be inland by tomorrow. The potential of 90L does not exactly get me excited lol.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#190 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 am

well looks like there are multiple vorts now... there is just too much mid level shear to sustain convection.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#191 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 pm

a little off topic ... just started this thread in talkin tropics if anyone is interested.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=113661
0 likes   

rainstorm

#192 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:45 pm

LarryWx wrote:
rainstorm wrote:
LarryWx wrote: OMG, he's really desperate and probably quite bored, himself.

Better than what? Also, it will be inland by tomorrow. The potential of 90L does not exactly get me excited lol.

well, its better than

ah, forget it, lol
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#193 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 pm

rainstorm wrote:
LarryWx wrote:
rainstorm wrote:i imagine right now he is hoping for something to do what he predicts. 90L does appear a bit better today.

well, its better than

ah, forget it, lol

Better than what the some say the "S" in GFS stands for lol?
0 likes   

rainstorm

#194 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:10 pm

did you see what the 12z euro does with 90L?
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#195 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:06 pm

rainstorm wrote:did you see what the 12z euro does with 90L?

Not much of anything. It comes ashore tomorrow on the FL Panhandle as very weak and then gets absorbed by a pretty strong cold front, which brings in cooler and much drier air. (I can't wait to go walking outside in it.:) ) That would be the end of 90L.
0 likes   

rainstorm

#196 Postby rainstorm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 pm

there is still the hope that if this cool high can lock in over new england something can develop underneath it.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#197 Postby hurricanes1234 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm

This invest is an underachiever.
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

HurricaneAndrew92

#198 Postby HurricaneAndrew92 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:32 pm

hurricanes1234 wrote:This invest is an underachiever.

Not to question you, but haven't you said that about everything this year(though most of the time you were right!) except Micheal, Gordon and something else...Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of being a nut who LOVES destruction... but this storm wasn't supposed to get its act together pretty much.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#199 Postby hurricanes1234 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm

HurricaneAndrew92 wrote:

Not to question you, but haven't you said that about everything this year(though most of the time you were right!) except Micheal, Gordon and something else...Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of being a nut who LOVES destruction... but this storm wasn't supposed to get its act together pretty much.

Most of you said the same as well, some even said that the season has been garbage so far, and that they don't know why they bothered with 2012, which was much more unpleasant and dramatic than me exclaiming that some of the storms were underachievers. :wink:
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

HurricaneAndrew92

#200 Postby HurricaneAndrew92 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:20 pm

hurricanes1234 wrote:
HurricaneAndrew92 wrote:

Most of you said the same as well, some even said that the season has been garbage so far, and that they don't know why they bothered with 2012, which was much more unpleasant and dramatic than me exclaiming that some of the storms were underachievers. :wink:

Alright, I've just seen you more often. :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “2012”