ATL: SANDY - Recon Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Message
Author
Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Re:

#221 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 am

Dave wrote:It's ok, we all have to sleep at times. I'm up and on for awhile now too....but would rather be back to sleep...it's Monday. ;)


Thank you! I hate to F up in any way shape or form. Three hours sleep...I'm golden for the next 36 hours. lol
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

#222 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

Dave I love the tightened* images you are posting...if you can Please keep providing them that would be great! I make my images at a much larger scale.


*Caffeine time.... :eek:
Last edited by Hey Its Me on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

User avatar
Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 13442
Age: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Milan Indiana
Contact:

Re:

#223 Postby Dave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:46 am

Hey Its Me wrote:Dave I love the tighten images you are posting...if you can Please keep providing them that would be great! I make my images at a much larger scale.


Ok can do..
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Re:

#224 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 am

Dave wrote:
Hey Its Me wrote:Dave I love the tighten images you are posting...if you can Please keep providing them that would be great! I make my images at a much larger scale.


Ok can do..



Much Thank You! :D
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

#225 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:34 am

WOW! From DS! 946mb (27.94 inHg) Will Sandy continue this drop-rate? (rhetorical)
0 likes   

User avatar
cheezyWXguy
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 4149
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re:

#226 Postby cheezyWXguy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Its Me wrote:WOW! From DS! 946mb (27.94 inHg) Will Sandy continue this drop-rate? (rhetorical)

Theyve found estimated measurements of 938mb. Thats also consistent because that dropsonde reported the 946mb pressure with 47kt surface winds, if Im correct
0 likes   

Chris_in_Tampa
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 4757
Age: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: ATL: SANDY - Recon Discussion

#227 Postby Chris_in_Tampa » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am

That dropsonde missed the center so I would guess around 941mb for the pressure. We'll have to see what the vortex says.

Also, the sonde just posted had 86 knots (99 mph) at just 1mb above the surface. (that is a gust)
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Re:

#228 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 am

cheezyWXguy wrote:
Hey Its Me wrote:WOW! From DS! 946mb (27.94 inHg) Will Sandy continue this drop-rate? (rhetorical)

Theyve found estimated measurements of 938mb. Thats also consistent because that dropsonde reported the 946mb pressure with 47kt surface winds, if Im correct


"Good Thing (in perspective)" that the size of the storm propably can't spin up that fast. Surge will still be a ___.
0 likes   

Chris_in_Tampa
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 4757
Age: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Contact:

#229 Postby Chris_in_Tampa » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:42 am

Vortex simply reported the sonde which seems to be happening at times. The pressure was definitely lower. Location of that 99mph gust 1mb above the surface as measured by sonde:

Image
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

#230 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 am

AF308 wheels up!
0 likes   

User avatar
Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 13442
Age: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Milan Indiana
Contact:

#231 Postby Dave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:11 am

Grabbing some lunch then will bring in pics again for 308.
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

#232 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:11 am

OK to forget about HDOBs until it's in the area?
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Re:

#233 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 am

Dave wrote:Grabbing some lunch then will bring in pics again for 308.


KO - Will post my large-scale ones in the meantime.

Keep them coming but I sometimes grab 2 then post until I get close to the system.
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

#234 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 am

hmmmmm Wait...308 was just out, I'm off on the wheels up comment. Is the AF turning this aircraft around ASAP? I must be out of it...need to bump that 2hr sleep to 3hr.
0 likes   

User avatar
Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 13442
Age: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Milan Indiana
Contact:

Re:

#235 Postby Dave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 am

Hey Its Me wrote:hmmmmm Wait...308 was just out, I'm off on the wheels up comment. Is the AF turning this aircraft around ASAP? I must be out of it...need to bump that 2hr sleep to 3hr.


Using same tail number as previous looks like...go ahead and rest for a few hours...going to be a long day/night. Ive got hdobs for awhile. np
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

#236 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 am

Ah, there it is AF308! (had 302 and 308 swapped in my head - and G.M.'s)
0 likes   

Hey Its Me
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Re:

#237 Postby Hey Its Me » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:31 am

Dave wrote:
Hey Its Me wrote:hmmmmm Wait...308 was just out, I'm off on the wheels up comment. Is the AF turning this aircraft around ASAP? I must be out of it...need to bump that 2hr sleep to 3hr.


Using same tail number as previous looks like...go ahead and rest for a few hours...going to be a long day/night. Ive got hdobs for awhile. np


THX - Handing all over - back later!
0 likes   

HenkL
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:33 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
Contact:

#238 Postby HenkL » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Again a low level wind maximum SW of center, just as AF302 detected earlier today. Per SFMR hurricane force winds now some 100 miles away from center.
0 likes   

User avatar
Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 13442
Age: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Milan Indiana
Contact:

Re:

#239 Postby Dave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

HenkL wrote:Again a low level wind maximum SW of center, just as AF302 detected earlier today. Per SFMR hurricane force winds now some 100 miles away from center.


See it now, started to post back to you but discovered I was offline...internet's back again for now. Strange...
0 likes   

User avatar
artist
Category 5
Category 5
Posts: 9641
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: West Palm

#240 Postby artist » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 pm

I am here to take over when needed.
0 likes   


Return to “2012”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests