WPAC: INVEST 92W

Moderator: S2k Moderators

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

WPAC: INVEST 92W

#1 Postby hurricanes1234 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:56 pm

New and strange looking invest in WPAC very close to the equator and quite cute in appearance. :)

REAL TIME VISIBLE FLOATER FROM TROPICAL STORM FLOATERS PAGE

92W INVEST 140607 0000 6.7N 147.7E WPAC 10 1014

Also notice it's 10 knots, the lowest I've ever seen!
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: INVEST 92W

#2 Postby euro6208 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:05 am

Located in a marginally favorable environment with 5-10 knot shear over the southern part but increasing elsewhere. Vorticity has slightly weakened, convection weakening and none of the major models do not develop this.
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Meow

#3 Postby Meow » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:35 am

Its upper divergence was 20, but its lower convergence was -10. That is why 92W died so quickly.
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: INVEST 92W

#4 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:38 am

hurricanes1234 wrote:New and strange looking invest in WPAC very close to the equator and quite cute in appearance. :)

REAL TIME VISIBLE FLOATER FROM TROPICAL STORM FLOATERS PAGE

92W INVEST 140607 0000 6.7N 147.7E WPAC 10 1014

Also notice it's 10 knots, the lowest I've ever seen!

Peipah was much lower at latitude, at 2ºN, and Bopha was just a few km North of the equator when it became an invest. 6.7ºN is not too close to the equator, and was close to where Haiyan formed, but still quite close to the equator as it is below 10ºN. And, seriously? 10 kts for an invest is very low.
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:45 am

Despite the low vertical wind shear and very warm SSTs, the area is full of high pressures. No well defined and organized structure. I see that any further development of the system is very unlikely. The high pressures have prevented the development of the disturbances.
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

Meow

Re:

#6 Postby Meow » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:01 am

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:Despite the low vertical wind shear and very warm SSTs, the area is full of high pressures. No well defined and organized structure. I see that any further development of the system is very unlikely. The high pressures have prevented the development of the disturbances.

There is no discussion needed for it. 92W has been removed on both of NRL and FNMOC websites.
0 likes   

Return to “2014”