ATL: ARTHUR - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#2881 Postby ravyrn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Hybridstorm_November2001 wrote:Arthur caused more than minimum damage here. It was actually the worst TC related storm we've experienced in over a decade. For example a couple hundred thousand people in Maine, New Brunswick & Nova Scotia will likely still be without power until the end of the week.

Yeah, you guys got walloped in New Brunswick, seemingly more so than Nova Scotia. I see around 10,000 without power still in Nova Scotia while New Brunswick is reporting 73,000 without power.
0 likes   

Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#2882 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm

ravyrn wrote:
Hybridstorm_November2001 wrote:Arthur caused more than minimum damage here. It was actually the worst TC related storm we've experienced in over a decade. For example a couple hundred thousand people in Maine, New Brunswick & Nova Scotia will likely still be without power until the end of the week.

Yeah, you guys got walloped in New Brunswick, seemingly more so than Nova Scotia. I see around 10,000 without power still in Nova Scotia while New Brunswick is reporting 73,000 without power.

Indeed, the strange thing about it being I was always taught will any storm making landfall 40 North, or more, the majority of the destructive winds will be on the east side while the majority of the heavy rain will be on the west side of the circulation. It would appear I'll have to rethink that rule of thumb in the future.
0 likes   

Return to “2014”