ATL: Ex-INVEST 94L - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Discussion

#41 Postby floridasun78 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:44 pm

i have connect the nhc about talk season over because of dry air .their expecting this area dry air to start getting smaller soon season not over as some saying we will may see few more storm before oct
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#42 Postby gatorcane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Here is where I see the dry air (I marked up the wide-view Atlantic image below). Assuming dry air does not invade the MDR south of 15N in the area to the east of the Lesser Antilles between about 45W and 60W, which I don't think it will, 94L could make depression or T.S. status in this area on its journey west across the MDR towards the Caribbean...

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#43 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:08 pm

My first attempt at this kind of forecast.

THIS POST IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS SUCH. THIS IS THE OPINION OF THE POSTER AND MAY OR MAY NOT BE BACKED BY SOUND METEOROLOGICAL DATA. THIS POST IS NOT ENDORSED BY AND PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTION OR STORM2K.ORG. FOR OFFICIAL INFORMATION, PLEASE REFER TO NHC/NWS PRODUCTS.
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

Frank2
Category 5
Category 5

#44 Postby Frank2 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:37 pm

With that amount of dry air out there I wouldn't bet the ranch that'll do much...
0 likes   

HurricaneTracker2031
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#45 Postby HurricaneTracker2031 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:47 pm

We have 94L. This should be interesting as we enter Mid-August. 94L may be one to watch. I think 94L may develop sometime late next week or later.

Synopsis for 94L and other systems: http://goo.gl/GSuPHg

Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   
SHORT VERSION OF DISCLAIMER: THIS SITE LINK BELOW IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECASTING OFFICE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO MAKE ANY EMERGENCY DECISIONS....

http://www.macstropicalweather.weebly.com

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#46 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:05 pm

I just can't see this developing. Conditions in it's path are just plain HORRIBLE! Dry Air, SAL, more Dry Air, and possible Wind Shear.

Don't know why the NHC is giving this such a high chance of development, even Joe Bastardi tweeted about it. Conditions are even worse than they were for Bertha.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#47 Postby Ntxw » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:10 pm

There's more to it than dry air. We've heard that term a lot lately but equally as important, is sinking air. This prevents waves from popping convection to fend off the dry air (think Bertha). Kelvin waves can help deviate sinking air, but there is non present or expected at this time for 94L.

0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#48 Postby abajan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:16 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:I just can't see this developing. Conditions in it's path are just plain HORRIBLE! Dry Air, SAL, more Dry Air, and possible Wind Shear.

Don't know why the NHC is giving this such a high chance of development, even Joe Bastardi tweeted about it. Conditions are even worse than they were for Bertha.
Perhaps they are looking at the SSTs. Lots of 28+ degree temps out there. Then there's climo to consider FWIW.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#49 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:17 pm

:uarrow: We saw how that one day the Kelvin Wave passed it attempted to briefly bring instability up to normal levels for just less than 24hrs. then once it passed it was back to the bone dry Tropical Atlantic. So if the only way to get normal/decent levels of instability is for Kelvin Wave or the dreaded MJO to come around then we are probably going to struggle to get very far this season IMO.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#50 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:32 pm

TheStormExpert wrote::uarrow: We saw how that one day the Kelvin Wave passed it attempted to briefly bring instability up to normal levels for just less than 24hrs. then once it passed it was back to the bone dry Tropical Atlantic. So if the only way to get normal/decent levels of instability is for Kelvin Wave or the dreaded MJO to come around then we are probably going to struggle to get very far this season IMO.

Conditions like better in the Carrribean.
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#51 Postby ninel conde » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:43 pm

i doubt it makes it to the caribbean
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#52 Postby Nimbus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:46 pm

This time of year you would expect the train of African waves to start. Pouch 17L just a few days behind 94L has a lot of moisture so ultra dry conditions may not persist. If the current upper level steering holds, it would appear to favor lower latitude Caribbean runners. It doesn't take many of those to ruin your day, so hopefully all that hostile dry air subsidence and shear will kepp things in check. Maybe the mid Atlantic TUTT will come back by September.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#53 Postby cycloneye » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:47 pm

ninel conde wrote:i doubt it makes it to the caribbean

Any reasoning?
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#54 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:06 pm

cycloneye wrote:
ninel conde wrote:i doubt it makes it to the caribbean

Any reasoning?

All the SAL and Dry Air in it's path in the Tropical Atlantic, as well as marginal SST's, and Wind Shear.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#55 Postby cycloneye » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:35 pm

ABNT20 KNHC 102334
TWOAT

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT SUN AUG 10 2014

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A tropical wave accompanied by a broad area of low pressure
is located a few hundred miles south-southeast of the Cape Verde
Islands. Some gradual development of this system is possible during
the next several days while it moves westward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.

$$
Forecaster Brown
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#56 Postby gatorcane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:40 pm

5-day graphic, a little bit more of a WNW bend at the end:

0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#57 Postby abajan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:42 pm

gatorcane wrote:5-day graphic, a little bit more of a WNW bend at the end:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mn5dv5.jpg
Sharp eyes! :)
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#58 Postby wxman57 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:49 pm

You can't see the dry mid to upper-level air on satellite, but the instability chart indicates there is plenty of dry, sinking air in the Tropical Atlantic. Might be a brief development window as it nears the Caribbean. Pretty stable there, too, though. I have no doubt it will reach the Caribbean around next Saturday then the western Caribbean around Wednesday of next week.

0 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#59 Postby floridasun78 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 pm

like i say i spoke one caster from nhc their told me that dry air wont issue soon that area of dry air going small as week go by 94l likely going issue by next weekend
0 likes   

srainhoutx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#60 Postby srainhoutx » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Look for a bit of a merge with the convection off the West Coast of Africa and the easterly wave behind it nearing Western Africa. As long as the general area of disturbed weather persists near or just S of 10N along the ITCZ, it could begin to develop as it enters the Caribbean Sea next Sunday. If the vorticity increases just N of the ABC Islands, then we could see a shot at a threat to Belize or the Yucatan Peninsula near a week from Thursday/Friday. I see no real development until it passes 55W at this time.
0 likes   
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Wx Infinity Forums
http://wxinfinity.com/index.php

Facebook.com/WeatherInfinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

Return to “2014”