ATL: EDOUARD - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#61 Postby Hammy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Is it possible that the Euro is showing it stronger suddenly because it has a better handle on it now that there is something relatively organized now?
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#62 Postby gatorcane » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:51 pm

18Z GFS noticeably weaker through 3 days of the run that it is out to so far...
0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#63 Postby Alyono » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:13 pm

still over developing this

do the models not see the SAL?
0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#64 Postby Alyono » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:24 pm

MASSIVE east coast troughing. If we do get something forming, it likely does not make 60W
0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#65 Postby Alyono » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:44 pm

GFS continues to indicate Igor part 2 for Canada
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Models

#66 Postby blp » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 pm

00z models

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#67 Postby gatorcane » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 pm

18Z GFS Ensembles, more disagreement than the 12Z on how/when it recurves though I doubt anything will get much further west than 60W with that huge EC trough the GFS is showing in the long-range :eek:

18Z (latest):

12Z (previous):
0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#68 Postby Alyono » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:28 am

Canadian model dropped this

That said, perhaps it is no longer the Canadian model that is the one to look at merely to determine whether genesis is possible. Model Uccellini is the one that now develops 20 of the next 2 storms
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby Hammy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:22 am

Euro develops it around day five, is this fairly realistic by now considering it's north of 20 by that point?
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#70 Postby Blown Away » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:19 am

12z...

12z...
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby Hammy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:45 pm

In my opinion, the models have utterly failed with this, and it shows that when it comes to it, the Euro is just as horrible as the GFS prior to there actually being a developed system, because the last run showed a Cat 3 and the latest run does not even develop it. And the lack of model consistency tells me that the chances of this actually becoming anything are very likely less than 50/50.
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#72 Postby gatorcane » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Hammy wrote:In my opinion, the models have utterly failed with this, and it shows that when it comes to it, the Euro is just as horrible as the GFS prior to there actually being a developed system, because the last run showed a Cat 3 and the latest run does not even develop it. And the lack of model consistency tells me that the chances of this actually becoming anything are very likely less than 50/50.

Agreed this wave is making our sophisticated models look very pathetic if you ask me. Another thing that is interesting when I look at this invest tonight is that it seems to have elongated into a trough and there is a pretty good voriticity on the SW side with increasing convection and even some spin noted when I look at the floater. Who knows, maybe the SW end of this trough heads west and develops as there is less SAL there? If so the models have failed even more.
0 likes   

StormTracker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#73 Postby StormTracker » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Sounds about right to me, hence why the models seemed to be so confused(AGAIN)!!!
0 likes   
Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet!

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#74 Postby Hurricaneman » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:59 pm

gatorcane wrote:
Hammy wrote:In my opinion, the models have utterly failed with this, and it shows that when it comes to it, the Euro is just as horrible as the GFS prior to there actually being a developed system, because the last run showed a Cat 3 and the latest run does not even develop it. And the lack of model consistency tells me that the chances of this actually becoming anything are very likely less than 50/50.

Agreed this wave is making our sophisticated models look very pathetic if you ask me. Another thing that is interesting when I look at this invest tonight is that it seems to have elongated into a trough and there is a pretty good voriticity on the SW side with increasing convection and even some spin noted when I look at the floater. Who knows, maybe the SW end of this trough heads west and develops as there is less SAL there? If so the models have failed even more.

Thats my worry here is that if it forms farther SW then we might have to watch it in the Lesser Antilles as there might be a greater chance of not getting picked up by the weakness in time but as of now no model predicts that so either the models are correct and this goes out to sea or this ends up in the model embarrassment area

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: EDOUARD - Models

#75 Postby Hammy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:08 am

Euro is out to 72 hours and continues to weaken Edouard, so no change in the model thinking so far.
edit: still dissipates on day 6.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#76 Postby tolakram » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:41 am

All about the timing. If it was just a little slower the upper level winds would be ventilating the storm, which I think is what the GFS assumes and the solution the euro had days ago when it showed a hurricane.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#77 Postby tolakram » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 pm

And now the 12Z euro likes the hurricane idea again.

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#78 Postby Hammy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:31 am

Euro now goes to Cat 3 in 120 hours, how realistic is this possibility?
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#79 Postby Hammy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Euro showing 112kts at 850mb in 48 hours (which I assume translates to 100kts at surface) yet GFS which tends to overdevelop everything only takes it to 70kts as the maximum
0 likes   

Return to “2014”