WPAC: Shanshan - Remnants

Moderator: S2k Moderators

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: Shanshan - Tropical Storm

#81 Postby dexterlabio » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

What surprised me is that the JMA stopped on issuing gale warnings (TS within 24-36hr thing) but then it became a TS all of a sudden. I didn't know if JMA continued the gale warning or a TS warning was issued right away.

I admit there were a lot of times when I disagree with JMA, but those were times when they underrate systems which looked much stronger than what they had estimated...like Sanvu last year.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#82 Postby euro6208 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:54 pm

dexterlabio wrote:What surprised me is that the JMA stopped on issuing gale warnings (TS within 24-36hr thing) but then it became a TS all of a sudden. I didn't know if JMA continued the gale warning or a TS warning was issued right away.

I admit there were a lot of times when I disagree with JMA, but those were times when they underrate systems which looked much stronger than what they had estimated...like Sanvu last year.

true...for weaker systems, they seem to upgrade easily without no proof or observation...

for stronger storms, they are way behind JTWC...

we need recon in this part of the world to solve this mess!
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Meow

#83 Postby Meow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I disagree with JTWC more. They often make typo and ignored at least two storms which were not weak at all. Do you guys know Podul in 2007 and Phanfone in 2008? They were all severe tropical storms, but JTWC ignored them.

A friend guessed: JMA upgraded it because of a cold wave.
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#84 Postby dexterlabio » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:07 pm

euro6208 wrote:
its location close to populated landmasses in SE asia is probably why it was upgraded...

Hahah I don't think that's the reason. if it were then they should've done the same with the previous TD (the one that became a bomb cyclone/Bising). Maybe there's something in their methods or observations. Every agency has their own technique. Ok so much for the weather agency politic.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Meow

#85 Postby Meow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm

dexterlabio wrote:
euro6208 wrote:
its location close to populated landmasses in SE asia is probably why it was upgraded...

Hahah I don't think that's the reason. if it were then they should've done the same with the previous TD (the one that became a bomb cyclone/Bising). Maybe there's something in their methods or observations. Every agency has their own technique. Ok so much for the weather agency politic.

It was not Bising. It absorbed Bising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2013_Northwest_Pacific_bomb_cyclone
0 likes   

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#86 Postby euro6208 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm

LLCC south of Vietnam...
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Meow

#87 Postby Meow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 am

euro6208 wrote:LLCC south of Vietnam...

Shanshan is now closer to East Malaysia. :lol:
0 likes   

Meow

#88 Postby Meow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 am

TD
Issued at 06:45 UTC, 23 February 2013

<Analyses at 23/06 UTC>
Scale -
Intensity -
TD
Center position N4°00'(4.0°)
E109°00'(109.0°)
Direction and speed of movement SW Slowly
Central pressure 1004hPa
0 likes   

Meow

#89 Postby Meow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 pm

It has dissipated at 18Z.
0 likes   

Meow

#90 Postby Meow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 am

Let’s see if the remnants will cross the equator. :lol:

0 likes   

mrbagyo
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: Shanshan - Remnants

#91 Postby mrbagyo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:39 am

Meow wrote:Let’s see if the remnants will cross the equator. :lol:

if it does,it will stop and reverse its rotation? :idea: crazier if it rotates counterclockwise in the Southern hemisphere :eek: ..hahaha.. :P then Shanshan will be craziest system in history... :lol:
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to RSMC, NHC and NWS products.

Meow

#92 Postby Meow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 am

mrbagyo wrote:if it does,it will stop and reverse its rotation? :idea: crazier if it rotates counterclockwise in the Southern hemisphere :eek: ..hahaha.. :P then Shanshan will be craziest system in history... :lol:

0.4N at 12Z.

:dont: to Agni...
0 likes   

Meow

#93 Postby Meow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 am

There is an LLCC trying to cross the equator.

0 likes   

supercane4867
Category 5
Category 5

#94 Postby supercane4867 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Still there...? :double:

0 likes   

Meow

#95 Postby Meow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 pm

supercane4867 wrote:Still there...? :double:

The LLCC may have crossed the equator, but NRL has stopped monitoring this system.
0 likes   

Return to “2013”