ATL: GABRIELLE - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 97L - Discussion

#41 Postby cycloneye » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:37 pm

Here is what the San Juan NWS discuss about the effects of PR.

TONIGHT SURFACE WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE
NORTHEAST AND REMAIN SO UNTIL THEY GRADUALLY SHIFT WITH THE WAVE
TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST BEGINNING MONDAY NIGHT AND COMPLETING THE
TURN TUESDAY NIGHT. ALTHOUGH SOME MOISTURE MOVES IN FROM ACTIVITY
ASSOCIATED WITH THE NORTHEASTERN LOBE OF THE TUTT LOW ON
MONDAY...THE BEST MOISTURE WILL NOT ARRIVE UNTIL TUESDAY AFTERNOON
OR EVENING AS THE TROPICAL WAVE IS FINALLY ABLE TO REACH NORTH
INTO THE AREA. ONCE THIS MOISTURE ARRIVES...HOWEVER...GOOD MOISTURE
TAPERS OFF VERY SLOWLY WITH PRECIPITABLE WATER VALUES REMAINING
ABOVE 2 INCHES UNTIL AT LEAST THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH MORE 2-INCH
PRECIPITABLE WATER RETURNING THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND. CURRENT
INDICATIONS ARE THAT TUESDAY WILL BE THE WETTEST...BUT WEDNESDAY
WILL SEE CONSIDERABLE SHOWER ACTIVITY AS WELL. URBAN AND SMALL
STREAM FLOODING SHOULD BE EXPECTED BOTH DAYS AND THIS RAIN MAY
EXASPERATE ANY MUDSLIDE ACTIVITY. FLASHING FLOODING DURING THESE
TWO DAYS CANNOT BE RULED OUT...BUT CURRENTLY DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A
HIGH RISK. NEVERTHELESS THERE IS A GOOD PROBABILITY OF HAVING
AREAS OF 3 TO 4 INCHES OF RAIN FALL DURING THE 48 HOUR PERIOD.
ALSO THE HURRICANE CENTER CURRENTLY GIVES THIS WAVE A 20 PERCENT
CHANCE OF DEVELOPING INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#42 Postby ronjon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Starting to develop some banding features in the convection. Upper level wind shear has dropped too. This is one to watch in a climatogically favorable location.
0 likes   

HurricaneDREW92
Category 1
Category 1

#43 Postby HurricaneDREW92 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:41 pm

ronjon wrote:Starting to develop some banding features in the convection. Upper level wind shear has dropped too. This is one to watch in a climatogically favorable location.

Yeah if it keeps up at DMIN we'll see what DMAX does.
0 likes   
This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

-THE ABOVE IS THE OPINION OF DREW ONLY

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#44 Postby Gustywind » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:42 pm

gatorcane wrote:
Gustywind wrote:
gatorcane wrote:Latest IR floater shot. Convection is on the increase with some deep reds showing up but is still displaced NE of the center of the broad circulation:

Gatorcane, do you think it could be a rainmarker in the Leewards, PR even if 97L may not reach TD status? What are your latest thoughts about that?

I do think it can be a rainmaker because I don't see alot of dry air around the Leewards and Puerto Rico plus I think this invest will begin to interact with the ULL near Puerto Rico in a 2-3 days that will further enhance convection. Also there is a strong MJO pulse that is arriving that should give even more lift.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Thanks for your (daily, yeah :P ) input :) Gatorcane.
0 likes   

Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:46 pm

@ HurricaneDREW92 I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself here my friend. Nobody is saying this system will be another Irene or Sandy, at least not yet.
0 likes   

SeGaBob

#46 Postby SeGaBob » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Wouldn't the storms moving toward 97L from the islands indicate some southwesterly shear?
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#47 Postby gatorcane » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:03 pm

SeGaBob wrote:Wouldn't the storms moving toward 97L from the islands indicate some southwesterly shear?

12Z GFS 00 hour current shear map. Yeah there is a good amount of SW shear around 97L (the 1012MB low east of the Leewards) and where it is heading (if you look at the future shear map charts from the GFS, the shear increases in the Eastern Caribbean in a few days if the GFS is correct):

0 likes   

SeGaBob

#48 Postby SeGaBob » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks for the map Gatorcane. I'm kind of leaning toward the GFS because it shows the shear I'm seeing but I'm not ruling out the CMC.

This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#49 Postby Hammy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:28 pm

Well defined rotation, looks like there is alot of west winds to the south but overall its a bit elongated SW-NE. But I do see a possible formative LLC just a tad north of 15/55 in the last hour.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#50 Postby tolakram » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:28 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

HurricaneDREW92
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#51 Postby HurricaneDREW92 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Hybridstorm_November2001 wrote:@ HurricaneDREW92 I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself here my friend. Nobody is saying this system will be another Irene or Sandy, at least not yet.

Thinking differently. I was just talking about recent EC storms, though its easy to get carried away :wink:

But come to to think of it, Irene was 97L. Coincidence? I think NOT!
Last edited by HurricaneDREW92 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

SeGaBob

#52 Postby SeGaBob » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks for the map Gatorcane. I'm kind of leaning toward the GFS because it shows the shear I'm seeing but I'm not ruling out the CMC.

Edit: I don't know why I keep double posting so Ignore this.
Last edited by SeGaBob on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

StarmanHDB
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#53 Postby StarmanHDB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:37 pm

If it helps, the NOAA Hurricane Hunters just replied to my Facebook question regarding their findings on today's flight with the following:

"found a broad surface circulation, moistening atmosphere, and still some shear affecting it"
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#54 Postby NDG » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Hammy wrote:Well defined rotation, looks like there is alot of west winds to the south but overall its a bit elongated SW-NE. But I do see a possible formative LLC just a tad north of 15/55 in the last hour.

I agree with you, I would put it near 15.2N & 55.1W exactly.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#55 Postby cycloneye » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 pm

StarmanHDB wrote:If it helps, the NOAA Hurricane Hunters just replied to my Facebook question regarding their findings on today's flight with the following:

"found a broad surface circulation, moistening atmosphere, and still some shear affecting it"

Here is the mission.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NOAA49
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

HurricaneDREW92
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Re:

#56 Postby HurricaneDREW92 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:44 pm

NDG wrote:
Hammy wrote:Well defined rotation, looks like there is alot of west winds to the south but overall its a bit elongated SW-NE. But I do see a possible formative LLC just a tad north of 15/55 in the last hour.

I agree with you, I would put it near 15.2N & 55.1W exactly.

Agreed. Seeing same thing here.
0 likes   

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby OuterBanker » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Ahh, the Canadian. What a wonderful model, it's as if it was written by a wishcaster.

Breathing a sigh of relief after it destroyed eastern NC and just about all of VA in yesterdays runs. Today it has shifted to offshore heading northeast not bothering anyone. I can live with that.

What is also interesting is that yesterday it was above the islands, today below and being pulled poleward in central Cuba. Then out to sea.

GFS and Euro still haven't chimed in so most mets will ignore until they do.

Where is Alyono? He sure was constantly posting it's demise yesterday. Nowhere to be seen today.

Maybe he's reading "101 ways to prepare crow" :lol:
0 likes   

HurricaneDREW92
Category 1
Category 1

#58 Postby HurricaneDREW92 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Latest Saved Loop. LLC potentially at 15.2N and 55.1W

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0 likes   

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#59 Postby ninel conde » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:32 pm

OuterBanker wrote:Ahh, the Canadian. What a wonderful model, it's as if it was written by a wonderful forecaster.

Breathing a sigh of relief after it destroyed eastern NC and just about all of VA in yesterdays runs. Today it has shifted to offshore heading northeast not bothering anyone. I can live with that.

What is also interesting is that yesterday it was above the islands, today below and being pulled poleward in central Cuba. Then out to sea.

Where is Alyono? He sure was constantly posting it's demise yesterday. Nowhere to be seen today.

this has a long way to go before anyone eats crow.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#60 Postby Hammy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:36 pm

ninel conde wrote:
OuterBanker wrote:Ahh, the Canadian. What a wonderful model, it's as if it was written by a wonderful forecaster.

this has a long way to go before anyone eats crow.

Not quite. It is increasing in organization, the low level rotation is becoming slightly better defined with a weak LLC forming, and data collected indicates that the air is moistening. There also seems to be an upper high not too far to the south of the circulation. I would personally give it about 50/50 at this point, especially if the trend continues.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2013”