ATL: INGRID - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SeGaBob

#61 Postby SeGaBob » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:43 pm

:uarrow: It does appear to have more of a overall spin to it... :)

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

Airboy
Category 1
Category 1

#62 Postby Airboy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:51 pm

I think this will be a TD or TS before it hits the Yucatan
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 93L - Discussion - 20% - 70%

#63 Postby Sanibel » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:06 pm

I think the MJO and season have finally turned on. Things are starting to cook up. This is like Fernand II with beefier convection. These Caribbean home brews might be a bad sign for making up for the early season.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#64 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:15 pm

latest microwave show what could be a weak circ developing. clearly a good mid level rotation at the moment. the low flow at least indicates broad circ.

0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

BigA
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#65 Postby BigA » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

The 850 mb vorticity is still fairly disorganized/weak, but 93L has increased in organization throughout the day. It has the look of a system beginning to get its act together, though there appears to be nothing at the surface just yet. Interesting question as to whether it develops a closed circulation before it reaches the Yucatan. Though the models have near-consensus on development, they don't develop it until it reaches the BOC.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

BigA wrote:The 850 mb vorticity is still fairly disorganized/weak, but 93L has increased in organization throughout the day. It has the look of a system beginning to get its act together, though there appears to be nothing at the surface just yet. Interesting question as to whether it develops a closed circulation before it reaches the Yucatan. Though the models have near-consensus on development, they don't develop it until it reaches the BOC.

agreed, the increased timing on organization may allow it gain a little more latitude during the next few days.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#67 Postby MGC » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:20 pm

93L looks to have organized this afternoon. Good bit of midlevel spin. Hopefully moves inland before anything gets going at the surface.....MGC
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#68 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:34 pm

If this can form an LLC before first landfall and hold it into the Yucatan, this could be a doozy.
0 likes   

TropicalAnalystwx13
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby TropicalAnalystwx13 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm

I do believe we will see a tropical storm out of this once it reaches the Bay of Campeche (maybe before the Yucatan given how it's organizing) but I doubt it becomes very intense overall. This is expected to be a monsoonal-type gyre as depicted by the global models, and these types of disturbances generally need many, many days to organize significantly. 93L will have 2-3 days.

Heavy rainfall will be the main threat.
0 likes   

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby Wx_Warrior » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 pm

From JB Twetter (@BigJoeBastardi)

"Ingrid to be will cross Yucatan tom and probably spin up to a hurricane in s Gulf. My track s of Texas, but heavy rain threat LRGV"
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#71 Postby cycloneye » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Will it track like Hermine of 2010? It would be very welcomed in Texas for sure. :)

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#72 Postby Ntxw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 pm

cycloneye wrote:Will it track like Hermine of 2010? It would be very welcomed in Texas for sure. :)

http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/2010H/HERMINE/track.gif

It would be very welcomed by us Texans. South Texas Storms did mention a Hermine like track possibility, 12z and 18z GFS sure does follow suit.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#73 Postby Alyono » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Hermine is an inappropriate analog as it was a fast mover. This will be a slow mover
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re:

#74 Postby Kalrany » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Alyono wrote:Hermine is an inappropriate analog as it was a fast mover. This will be a slow mover

Does that increase the likelyhood of a more northbound track?
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#75 Postby Hammy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Judging by low cloud movement the winds appear to be offshore at Belize and out of the west north of Roatan, so there is at least some surface spin there. Does anyone know when the next scatterometer overpass over the NW Gulf is?
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#76 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm

looking pretty good for so early on in development. its looking like it might end up being a TD before the yucatan if it keeps up the trend throughout the night.

latest scat.. show broad rotation at the surface if it can become more defined overnight may be looking at a td late tomorrow

0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Re:

#77 Postby Alyono » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Kalrany wrote:
Alyono wrote:Hermine is an inappropriate analog as it was a fast mover. This will be a slow mover

Does that increase the likelyhood of a more northbound track?

Not sure... but I'm thinking more of a Frances-like flood event
0 likes   

HurriGuy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#78 Postby HurriGuy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 pm

I know Texas needs rain, but this thing needs to throw a band to south central Louisiana.Starting to wonder where the rain went. The ground is very dry and grass is scortched. Just a band of rain.....
0 likes   

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#79 Postby Ptarmigan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Alyono wrote:
Not sure... but I'm thinking more of a Frances-like flood event

I am thinking this storm could be like Frances as well as forecast models show a large storm. Hermine of 2010 was more of an average sized tropical storm.
Last edited by Ptarmigan on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#80 Postby ROCK » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:21 pm

HurriGuy wrote:I know Texas needs rain, but this thing needs to throw a band to south central Louisiana.Starting to wonder where the rain went. The ground is very dry and grass is scortched. Just a band of rain.....

Not sure where that is at but I have SW LA to Tampico right now...I know that is a big area but I think that ridge is going to break down with that short wave even more so than progged. The GFS, FIM8, FIM9 have a handle on it to some extent. The NAVGEM lost it on 18Z. The EURO hasnt come around I think...hope to see it tonight... :sun:

0 likes   

Return to “2013”