ATL: KAREN - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

KimmieLa
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: KAREN - Tropical Storm - Discussion

#1421 Postby KimmieLa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:59 am

She definitely has gone further west than I thought she would. I see the front moving towards her. So, she probably are going to be taking a trip east over southeastern LA before too long. Raining here again. Breezy.

Not a forecaster, so this is not a forecast, just a very untrained observation.
0 likes   

pgoss11
Category 2
Category 2

#1422 Postby pgoss11 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm

euro6208 wrote:why are people so excited about a mere weak tropical storm?

over here, we get bored of these as we are used to strong typhoons regularly...

It's all we got, so we are making the best out of a storm starved season..call it pathetic if you like but right now it's just something to watch.
0 likes   

HurriGuy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1423 Postby HurriGuy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Been breezy here in Louisiana with off and on showers. Nothing out of the ordinary.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

HurriGuy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1424 Postby HurriGuy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I think she has drifted to 92W. I don't think anyone expected her to go that far.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1425 Postby MGC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't think karen has stalled, just an illusion due to the recent convection near center. I think the new convection will ensure Karen maintains TS intensity till landfall......MGC
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1426 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:25 pm

shear dropped a little and convection coming back... love the tropics...
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1427 Postby CrazyC83 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Notice a pressure drop to 1007 or so well to the west, southwest of Lafayette, LA...start of a new center?
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1428 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 pm

MGC wrote:I don't think karen has stalled, just an illusion due to the recent convection near center. I think the new convection will ensure Karen maintains TS intensity till landfall......MGC

well considering the gfs still calling a for brief stall before heading nearly due east .. its not a far stretch to say and stall might happening. Also its been well mentioned and understood that a weak low level system would have taken a more northerly/nnw track and a deeper and more ne to east... so would not be surprised if the present convection maintains that would likely lead to a more easterly motion.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1429 Postby Evil Jeremy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Convection returning to Karen's center. People last night were trying to kill her off way to quickly. Looks like she is slowing down just below 28N.
0 likes   
Frances 04 / Jeanne 04 / Katrina 05 / Wilma 05 / Fay 08 / Debby 12 / Andrea 13 / Colin 16 / Hermine 16 / Matthew 16 / Irma 17

HurriGuy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1430 Postby HurriGuy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:34 pm

0 likes   

SeGaBob

#1431 Postby SeGaBob » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:36 pm

In the last frame of this loop the convection trying to wrap around seems to hesitate some... but I still think it has a chance. :)

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/12L/flash-rb-long.html

Last edited by SeGaBob on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1432 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:36 pm

pressure wave from the collapse some of the convection.. the clouds disappeared because its on the sinking side of the wave or trough.. it will come back shortly..
0 likes   

Storm Rider
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#1433 Postby Storm Rider » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Karen's rain bands have passed through LA into South Central MS.
Please stay away from Starkville...LSU has a game to win there at 6 pm.
0 likes   

lester
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1434 Postby lester » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:41 pm

maybe you shouldn't be posting on the Atlantic side if you're so bored <_< we get it, the WPAC is better than every basin ever
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1435 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:43 pm

lester wrote:

maybe you shouldn't be posting on the Atlantic side if you're so bored <_< we get it, the WPAC is better than every basin ever

most here like the the forecasting part and just the unknown.. to learn ... not about boredom for most all excited.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1436 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Hmmmm recon finding another vort trying to get going to the sse again in the convection... the original llc might be weak enough to reform..
0 likes   

SeGaBob

#1437 Postby SeGaBob » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:57 pm

2pm intermediate advisory says Karen has stalled.
Last edited by SeGaBob on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1438 Postby Ntxw » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm

lester wrote:maybe you shouldn't be posting on the Atlantic side if you're so bored <_< we get it, the WPAC is better than every basin ever

I don't think he meant it that way and was a sincere question.

To euro6208, the Atlantic suffers a lot from shear, dry air, sal (this year you can magnify it x10) unlike the WPAC. Most of our time is spent watching thunderstorm blobs and small bursts of convection. That's 90% of the season...unlike over there you guys track by eye-walls.

Karen still has a strong cold front to contend with. Stalling won't help her cause, it will be moving off the Texas coast later tonight.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#1439 Postby wxman57 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Convection east of the center is starting to wane. Cloud tops are warming. Recon isn't finding any TS winds. Time to downgrade...
0 likes   

SeGaBob

#1440 Postby SeGaBob » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm

wxman57 wrote:Convection east of the center is starting to wane. Cloud tops are warming. Recon isn't finding any TS winds. Time to downgrade...

I don't think the convection itself is waning but rather being blown away from the center... and I think you're right about the downgrade.

0 likes   

Return to “2013”