Moderator: S2k Moderators

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: ERIKA Remnants - Discussion

#3301 Postby tailgater » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:08 pm

might not being going anywhere fast.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3302 Postby northjaxpro » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm

:uarrow: whatever tries to come of this will not be going anywhere fast. Big ridge blocking it from going out to sea.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#3303 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 pm

northjaxpro wrote::uarrow: whatever tries to come of this will not be going anywhere fast. Big ridge blocking it from going out to sea.

yeah its actually currently in a little bit of a cull in the low levels.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#3304 Postby LarryWx » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:14 pm

NDG wrote:
wxman57 wrote:That's not Erika's remnants off the GA coast in the ECMWF. The EC takes what's left of Erika across the SC/NC coasts then north of Bermuda, developing it into a large subtropical storm there. It's the biggest low on the 192hr map above, NE of Bermuda.

Latest 12z Euro clearly shows Erika's vorticity getting stuck off of the Carolinas's/GA coast through the next few days as shown on the image posted by Gatorcane.

IF the true remnants of Erika were to get into the Atlantic somewhat intact and redevelop, is there any chance that it would called Erika? I'm assuming not but am wondering.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3305 Postby NDG » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
drezee wrote:
NDG wrote:Definitely a broad circulation still left from Erika but pressures if anything have risen during the past 24hrs.

I care more about relative pressures for this type of spin-up...

IF there is any pressure fall happening near that weak circ and convection it would not translate to any reporting station that not right near it. it takes time this thing has only started like 6 to 10 hours ago.

I disagree, pressure readings in around the area surrounding a broad low can give an indication if It is is organizing.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#3306 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:21 pm

NDG wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
drezee wrote:I care more about relative pressures for this type of spin-up...

IF there is any pressure fall happening near that weak circ and convection it would not translate to any reporting station that not right near it. it takes time this thing has only started like 6 to 10 hours ago.

I disagree, pressure readings in around the area surrounding a broad low can give an indication if It is is organizing.

of course they do but what I was saying is it does not happen right away.. you can have falling pressures in a localized area but wont see any change in the surround areas instantaneously. for instance .. drop a rock in a pond .. takes time for the ripples to propagate out. meaning if the center of this thing in that deeper convection started having noticeable pressures falls it would not show right away unless the reporting station was very close..
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#3307 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 pm

key west radar is looking a little more interesting.
0 likes   

sponger
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3308 Postby sponger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 pm

Time for an Invest!
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#3309 Postby tropicwatch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 pm

I think circulation showing up better on radar out of Tampa.
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#3310 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:39 pm

panamatropicwatch wrote:I think circulation showing up better on radar out of Tampa.

not worried about that weak vort that was visible earlier.. its the convective pattern coming from key west. its not at the surface since we are looking at about 10k feet. but any substantial surface circ will organize where there is convection thats the area to look at..
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#3311 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:12 pm

key west radar showing a developing low to mid level circ pretty clear now. very interesting..
0 likes   

CronkPSU
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3312 Postby CronkPSU » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:18 pm

which radar site are you using Aric? Glad to see you back, you always bring a lot of knowledge to the board that us amateurs really appreciate
0 likes   
Just like Jon Snow..."I know nothing" except what I know, and most of what I know is gathered by the fine people of the NHC

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#3313 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 pm

CronkPSU wrote:which radar site are you using Aric? Glad to see you back, you always bring a lot of knowledge to the board that us amateurs really appreciate

Key west.. its not all that impressive but something to watch..
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3314 Postby tolakram » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Saved radar loop out of Tampa
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

N2FSU
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3315 Postby N2FSU » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:48 pm

Local Met here in Tallahassee said it's hard to tell if it's a low level or mid level circulation, but he doesn't expect it to develop.
0 likes   

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#3316 Postby ronjon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Convection really expanding in SE GOM. Obvious circulation on Radar. No mention by the NHC? Probably deserves INVEST status now.
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3317 Postby tailgater » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:05 pm

Last edited by tailgater on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

CronkPSU
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3318 Postby CronkPSU » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:29 pm

not looking as impressive now but also don't see it moving anywhere anytime soon....

but we are getting an amazing thunderstorm out of it here in Eastern Orange country
0 likes   
Just like Jon Snow..."I know nothing" except what I know, and most of what I know is gathered by the fine people of the NHC

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#3319 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 pm

CronkPSU wrote:not looking as impressive now but also don't see it moving anywhere anytime soon....

but we are getting an amazing thunderstorm out of it here in Eastern Orange country

well yeah whatever it is or will or wont become is slowly moving north ...
0 likes   

BobHarlem
Category 5
Category 5

#3320 Postby BobHarlem » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:12 pm

18Z GFS dropped this idea.
0 likes   

Return to “2015”