ATL: HERMINE - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: NINE - Models

#3761 Postby tolakram » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 pm

18Z FGS run so far, showing what looks like a relocation of the LLC.

1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

stormreader
Category 5
Category 5

#3762 Postby stormreader » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Dean4Storms wrote:So the 12z ECM trended a bit further West as well as the ECM EPS at 00z. The 12 GEFS also trended further west and well as GEM and the GEPS a lot further west near P'Cola.

Starting to think this will be a FL Panhandle landfall instead of over near Cedar Key.

That scenario would mean a pretty much due north course in the Gulf. No hook or east component until after landfall (and a milder hook at that).
2 likes   

p1nheadlarry
Category 2
Category 2

#3763 Postby p1nheadlarry » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:11 pm

xironman wrote:
tolakram wrote:The Cape Hatteras hit is very weak, around 1006mb.

It never hits Hatteras, it is 984 when it is NNE of it though.

Adverse weather could still be in store for the Carolinas, no matter how much this strengthens in the Gulf we'll probably be under a watch of sorts soon enough. Looks to be getting energy from the trough and eventually becoming extratropical as the NHC forecast notes.
0 likes   
--;->#GoNoles--;->.

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3764 Postby Dean4Storms » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:12 pm

stormreader wrote:
Dean4Storms wrote:So the 12z ECM trended a bit further West as well as the ECM EPS at 00z. The 12 GEFS also trended further west and well as GEM and the GEPS a lot further west near P'Cola.

Starting to think this will be a FL Panhandle landfall instead of over near Cedar Key.

That scenario would mean a pretty much due north course in the Gulf. No hook or east component until after landfall (and a milder hook at that).

A very plausible possibility with the latest trends of the models, they have lessened the hook east already a good bit.
2 likes   

SunnyThoughts
Category 5
Category 5

#3765 Postby SunnyThoughts » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:00 pm

1 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3766 Postby Alyono » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:14 pm

The idea of this moving north through the Gulf is 100% MISINFORMATION. There is less than zero evidence that it will do that
2 likes   

sphelps8681
Category 2
Category 2

#3767 Postby sphelps8681 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Alyono wrote:The idea of this moving north through the Gulf is 100% MISINFORMATION. There is less than zero evidence that it will do that

So what does that mean to the track?
1 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#3768 Postby Blinhart » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:33 pm

So it looks like the models are slowly moving the land fall further West, the more this stays South and continue West, the more it will move West.
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#3769 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Models will shift back east imo..bases on previous expierence
1 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

sphelps8681
Category 2
Category 2

#3770 Postby sphelps8681 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Alyono wrote:The idea of this moving north through the Gulf is 100% MISINFORMATION. There is less than zero evidence that it will do that

If it is not going North or East where is it going? Will it be a rain maker for someone in Mexico?
1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3771 Postby chaser1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Well, under normal circumstances to suggest otherwise would be insane. I agree that based on all model support at hand, there's no reasonable conclusion other than a N.E. motion. But outside the possible perception of "wish-casting", one could consider a possible outcome involving a final outcome that could leave a T.S. (or hurricane) crosing the N. Gulf coast further west. That is, if one is basing their hypothesis on 1) change in timing - slow or eratic motion while TD consolodates or deepens 2) Overstated trough in models - depth of trough turns out to be far less deep, or energy swinging out quicker 3) A stronger mid latitude ridge poking further westward and under a more tilted ENE to WSW trough 4) Climatology - Its August (not to mention recent persistant ridging off the SE Conus.

Of course, one logically has to go with what the models are indicating but that doesn't imply that there can be no shifting of those models with each updating run. I for one would not question a northeast turn except for the fact that the models have to some extent, sucked recently. Anyway, a crazy outcome other than what is presently forecast would further involve some stops and starts, perhaps some cyclonic loop or just hitting a COL for a day or two, followed by a slow WNW or NW motion. I dont think its a zero possibility though.
3 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3772 Postby lrak » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Ok now that got MY attention. And what's up with the action off the TX coast I don't get any of this?
2 likes   
AKA karl

Also
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3773 Postby Alyono » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:34 pm

sphelps8681 wrote:

If it is not going North or East where is it going? Will it be a rain maker for someone in Mexico?

It's going NE toward Florida, EAST of the Pensacola area
1 likes   

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3774 Postby Dean4Storms » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 pm

I think I missed where she said the hook not coming until AFTER landfall..... All I was saying that the Landfall looks to me like the FL Panhandle not the Big Bend area. There should be a turn NE but it could come much further north than what was earlier forecast, plenty of models and Ensembles have that solution taking the Storm inland over the Panhandle.
2 likes   

chrisnnavarre
Category 1
Category 1

#3775 Postby chrisnnavarre » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Well I sure hope that if this storm track moves a little more westward that the NHC updates the cone and track by 5am. Counting the Air Force base in Panama City, there are five military bases that would have to do something to secure aircraft or fly them out of the NW Florida Panhandle. That would take some time, and there's a lot of tax dollars at stake here.
Last edited by chrisnnavarre on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3776 Postby Dean4Storms » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:59 pm

sphelps8681 wrote:

LOL.... If you look at the landfall of the Mean Ensemble of the GEPS 12z it is due North of the initialization position it ran on this morning. Maybe not zero evidence after all!!!

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/09L_geps_12z.png
2 likes   

bamajammer4eva
Category 4
Category 4

#3777 Postby bamajammer4eva » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Landfall is with NAM 4k range though not sure how good it is with severe weather in a tropical system but it shows favorable conditions for isolated tornadoes Thursday Night which would be expected anyway

1 likes   

bamajammer4eva
Category 4
Category 4

#3778 Postby bamajammer4eva » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:29 pm

Don't know if RPM is any good for a tropical system either. I believe they are private models run by various local TV stations. 2 different stations near me Dothan and the Panama City station have mentioned that their models are trending NW

https://twitter.com/WTVYNews4/status/770812357186510848

2 likes   

SunnyThoughts
Category 5
Category 5

#3779 Postby SunnyThoughts » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:34 pm

For those interested the 00Z GFS is running. http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis ... 0&ypos=206
2 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3780 Postby tolakram » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:00 pm

0Z GFS similar to previous run. Vorticity does not consolidate until 36 hours.

1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2016”