ATL: INVEST 92L - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

HurricaneBelle
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: Ex INVEST 92L - Models

#121 Postby HurricaneBelle » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:58 am

ConvergenceZone wrote:I guess I should have known it would go poof. It is 2016 after all. What was I thinking actually believing this would develop

Yeah, we've only had 3 hurricanes in the last month, it's September 2 and we're up to the "I" storm. Nothing's developing.
4 likes   

SouthFLTropics
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 92L - Models

#122 Postby SouthFLTropics » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:40 am

GFS really stretches it out between hours 30 and 36. Looks to be elongated East to West.
0 likes   
Fourth Generation Floridian...With lots of storm knowledge passed down from my elders...

Personal Storm History: David 79, Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05, Matthew 16, Irma 17

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#123 Postby Steve » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:45 am

HurricaneBelle wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:I guess I should have known it would go poof. It is 2016 after all. What was I thinking actually believing this would develop

Yeah, we've only had 3 hurricanes in the last month, it's September 2 and we're up to the "I" storm. Nothing's developing.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Looks like the early runs make this a Caribbean runner. Not sure if that's plausible, but it's only about 18 degrees west of the islands, and it's at a very low latitude. Could be trouble down the line for someone!
Last edited by Steve on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

AxaltaRacing24
Category 5
Category 5

#124 Postby AxaltaRacing24 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:50 am

Umm did you forget about Gaston, Fiona, TD8, and Hermine? Those developed in 2016 in the past 2-3 weeks.
1 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#125 Postby ConvergenceZone » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:59 am

AxaltaRacing24 wrote:

Umm did you forget about Gaston, Fiona, TD8, and Hermine? Those developed in 2016 in the past 2-3 weeks.

Still, I should have clarrified. Don't expect anything major. It's been 10 years since a major hurricane has hit the US. This year has been an anomaly and very flakey in that we've had more activity then what was expected.
1 likes   

AxaltaRacing24
Category 5
Category 5

#126 Postby AxaltaRacing24 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:03 am

ConvergenceZone wrote:
AxaltaRacing24 wrote:

Still, I should have clarrified. Don't expect anything major. It's been 10 years since a major hurricane has hit the US. This year has been an anomaly and very flakey in that we've had more activity then what was expected.

I see what you mean. But close development was expected this season. Waves like 99L would fight to develop but would not do so until close to land.
1 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#127 Postby Steve » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:06 am

ConvergenceZone wrote:
AxaltaRacing24 wrote:

Expected by whom? It seems like the general consensus was that there would be storm numbers in the teens, ACE would be somewhere around 100 (with some guesses much higher and some much lower), it would be a Western-biased season (which it has been), and the US was in play. North America has been hit already by Bonnie, Colin (earliest C storm on record), Danielle, Earl and Hermine (5 of 8). I'm not following unless you're saying that you didn't expect?
1 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#128 Postby ConvergenceZone » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:17 am

Steve wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:
AxaltaRacing24 wrote:

Expected by whom? It seems like the general consensus was that there would be storm numbers in the teens, ACE would be somewhere around 100 (with some guesses much higher and some much lower), it would be a Western-biased season (which it has been), and the US was in play. North America has been hit already by Bonnie, Colin (earliest C storm on record), Danielle, Earl and Hermine (5 of 8). I'm not following unless you're saying that you didn't expect?

Blame the media on TV for filling our heads with the idea that there probably wouldn't be much activity this year
1 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#129 Postby Steve » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:21 am

LOL. For what it's worth, SFWMD is now showing the initial runs of the reactivated 92L. Only BAMS and Clipper (!) are out there, but it looks like a threat for this side of the planet if it can get/stay organized into something.
1 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#130 Postby Blinhart » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:22 am

I thought this was suppose to be for Models?
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

centuryv58
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#131 Postby centuryv58 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:34 am

ConvergenceZone wrote:
Steve wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:

Blame the media on TV for filling our heads with the idea that there probably wouldn't be much activity this year

The media and some others in the field who have been slightly off on their assessments of the MDR and the ATL basin for the past two years.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#132 Postby Steve » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:36 am

Blinhart wrote:I thought this was suppose to be for Models?

It is. Not much has been run yet specifically. By 18/00z, we should have more. I'm ignoring globals for the time being.
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#133 Postby ConvergenceZone » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:37 am

centuryv58 wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:
Steve wrote:

The media and some others in the field who have been slightly off on their assessments of the MDR and the ATL basin for the past two years.

Slightly off? Although I'm sure you are just being sarcastic lol
0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#134 Postby Blown Away » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:00 pm

12z GFS has nothing for 92L and maybe a TS fish spinner in Central Atlantic late in the run... Really nothing up to Sept 18th... I guess the Cape Verde Season winding down?? :lol:
Last edited by Blown Away on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#135 Postby chaser1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Steve wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:
AxaltaRacing24 wrote:

Looking at the 12 GFS, it continues to show no development whatsoever. They didn't just "tweek" the GFS, I think they gave it quaaludes lol. I wont repeat ad nauseum what I posted in the 92L discussion but I believe that 92L will develop probably in 3-5 days. One thing of note is that for the first GFS run out of the prior 12, it appears to take most of the moisture and energy with 92L SOUTH of the islands. On each of the prior 11 runs, the GFS tracked the system essentially over them. I'm going to guess that we'll begin to see the GFS become at least a little more bullish on this particular system during the upcoming 3 or 4 runs. As for this season thus far, I couldn't agree more with you, Steve. One wrinkles that I think this season has produced somewhat unexpectedly might be some of the longer tracks originating further east in the MDR than many expected. Otherwise, the only other wrinkle might be the continued high SAL evident. But despite this condition, this Atlantic hurricane season has thus far easily met the level of anticipated genesis that forecasters, prognosticators, weather enthusiasts, readers of S2K, and even my dog "Butch" have anticipated thus far. As for Major hurricanes.... it's Sept 2 - lets see how the next 8 weeks play out.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#136 Postby gatorcane » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 pm

CMC a little stronger in the short-range with a TS for the Lesser Antilles:

0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#137 Postby Blinhart » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:04 pm

gatorcane wrote:CMC a little stronger in the short-range with a TS for the Lesser Antilles:

And I can actually see that happening, I think we are in the time of the year that a system like this will spin up and form into a TS right before the islands and stay a TS until the Western edge of the Caribbean around Jamaica.
0 likes   

WilmingtonSandbar
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#138 Postby WilmingtonSandbar » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Blown Away wrote:12z has nothing for 92L and maybe a TS fish spinner in Central Atlantic late in the run... Really nothing up to Sept 18th... I guess the Cape Verde Season winding down?? :lol:

Cabo Verde Season. :spam:
2 likes   
Diana X2 (look it up), Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Floyd, Dennis, Charley, Ophelia, Ernesto, Irene, Matthew, And Florence

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#139 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Southsouthwest of PR.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#140 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Here is where 12z CMC ends with 92L.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “2016”