ATL: MARIA - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

'CaneFreak
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: MARIA - Models

#1181 Postby 'CaneFreak » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Jose Part 2? LOL

Aric Dunn wrote:I also sont see a trough headind to pick up maria.. ridging buiilding over the easter US again.. a LOOP maybe for maria now ? lol
2 likes   

Pughetime12
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#1182 Postby Pughetime12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:I also sont see a trough headind to pick up maria.. ridging buiilding over the easter US again.. a LOOP maybe for maria now ? lol

So would that make Maria continue to go west or NW? Would that make FL a threat?
0 likes   

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

#1183 Postby robbielyn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Aric can you fix your typos please? i literally didn't understand what you said lol. Thank you :D
0 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary
I know just about enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about sometimes. But for your safety please follow the nhc for truly professional forecasting. :D

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1184 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:45 pm

robbielyn wrote:

Aric can you fix your typos please? i literally didn't understand what you said lol. Thank you :D

lol im on my phone. it happens.. anyway, no loop something finally swings down to connect with maria.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Ken711
Category 5
Category 5

#1185 Postby Ken711 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:51 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:If Jose is weaker than the models think in a few days then this is going to hit the SE coastline. Just my opinion there. GFS is close to my thinking, and I believe it will landfall somewhere on the SC coast before it is all said and done. :cry: Still a long ways to go though, and plenty of model shifts to come.

I think it will have weakened the ridge enough to make it to at least to NC and landfall anywhere from the Wilmington north to Delaware, with the Outer Banks/VA Beach still a likely landfall. The models at least don't seem to have Maria driving deep into the CONUS, more of a coastal hugger.
2 likes   

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

#1186 Postby robbielyn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
robbielyn wrote:

lol im on my phone. it happens.. anyway, no loop something finally swings down to connect with maria.

oh ok. thank you though. It was the loop part i was not getting. Thanks for the clarification.
1 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary
I know just about enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about sometimes. But for your safety please follow the nhc for truly professional forecasting. :D

Voltron
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#1187 Postby Voltron » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Ken711 wrote:
tarheelprogrammer wrote:If Jose is weaker than the models think in a few days then this is going to hit the SE coastline. Just my opinion there. GFS is close to my thinking, and I believe it will landfall somewhere on the SC coast before it is all said and done. :cry: Still a long ways to go though, and plenty of model shifts to come.

I think it will have weakened the ridge enough to make it to at least to NC and landfall anywhere from the Wilmington north to Delaware, with the Outer Banks/VA Beach still a likely landfall. The models at least don't seem to have Maria driving deep into the CONUS, more of a coastal hugger.

At the beginning of this thread it had it driving into wilmington and up through mid state. I do think based in ridging we maysee this original scenario play out. Modles are starting to move west based on better handle of a becoming nonexiatinf jose and lee. That rough has yet to be made and with a HP
1 likes   

shaneomac
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#1188 Postby shaneomac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Wow at the latest gfs brings landfall hurricane in Nova Scotia but not buying it but west trend on the models ?
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#1189 Postby tolakram » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:23 pm

18Z GFS

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#1190 Postby tolakram » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:24 pm

One of the first runs to eliminate Jose after it hits the cold water, so if this continues then it's a question of trough and ridge positioning IMO, and we just don't know this far out yet.
5 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

YoshiMike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#1191 Postby YoshiMike » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:46 pm

tolakram wrote:18Z GFS

WAY too close to ECONUS for comfort.
1 likes   
Okay guys, just because I want to BE a meteorologist, want to go to school for meteorology, DOES NOT MAKE ME A METEOROLOGIST. Anything I say about tropical weather is either me learning something new, or is just an opinion and nothing more than that. I can almost guarantee you that I will be wrong about pretty much everything.

hurricaneCW
Category 5
Category 5

#1192 Postby hurricaneCW » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm thinking the Euro has the right idea with a weakening Jose backing into the coast and Maria following him due to some very strong blocking.

Gfs is starting to trend that way.
1 likes   

Ken711
Category 5
Category 5

#1193 Postby Ken711 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 pm

tolakram wrote:One of the first runs to eliminate Jose after it hits the cold water, so if this continues then it's a question of trough and ridge positioning IMO, and we just don't know this far out yet.

Can you point out where the potential trough is on those model runs? Is dropping down from the mid-west?

Thanks
1 likes   

invest man
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#1194 Postby invest man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Ken711 wrote:

I think it will have weakened the ridge enough to make it to at least to NC and landfall anywhere from the Wilmington north to Delaware, with the Outer Banks/VA Beach still a likely landfall. The models at least don't seem to have Maria driving deep into the CONUS, more of a coastal hugger.[/quote

I kind of thought we'd see a westward shift once models started seeing Jose getting out of the picture. Any idea of strength when it comes close to EC say from Wilmington to Hatteras area? Thanks!
1 likes   

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#1195 Postby ronjon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:15 pm

robbielyn wrote:

Aric, you still using that 10 year old flip phone without autocorrect? :lol:
3 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#1196 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 pm

ronjon wrote:
robbielyn wrote:

Aric, you still using that 10 year old flip phone without autocorrect? :lol:

haha no.. lol
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#1197 Postby ronjon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:32 pm

18z NAVGEM brings Maria north to just offshore Hatteras and then turns it west. The start of models going west?

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_loop.cgi?&area=nvg_conus&prod=prp&dtg=2017091918&set=All
2 likes   

tpinnola
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#1198 Postby tpinnola » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:33 pm

hurricaneCW wrote:I'm thinking the Euro has the right idea with a weakening Jose backing into the coast and Maria following him due to some very strong blocking.

Gfs is starting to trend that way.

I really hope this is not the case. The EURO backs the remains of Jose into the Jersey Coast. If Maria follows suit it would be a bad news for the tri-state area.
1 likes   
Not an expert.

GeneratorPower
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1199 Postby GeneratorPower » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm

ronjon wrote:18z NAVGEM brings Maria north to just offshore Hatteras and then turns it west. The start of models going west?

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_loop.cgi?&area=nvg_conus&prod=prp&dtg=2017091918&set=All

Prediction: Models shift left so far they show it coming ashore south of Melbourne, FL.
1 likes   

Ken711
Category 5
Category 5

#1200 Postby Ken711 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 pm

ronjon wrote:18z NAVGEM brings Maria north to just offshore Hatteras and then turns it west. The start of models going west?

CMC and Euro have already started that trend west. Question is how far north does it get before heading in. I think NC/VA border is pretty close to that point. Hopefully, they won't drive inland far.
2 likes   

Return to “2017”