Moderator: S2k Moderators

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: ATL: BRET - Tropical Storm - Discussion

#521 Postby RL3AO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:04 pm

AutoPenalti wrote:I told you guys it would be the first Cape Verde wave. :wink:

?

It's the first invest of the Cape Verde season, but it was far from the first wave.
1 likes   

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#522 Postby AutoPenalti » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 pm

RL3AO wrote:
AutoPenalti wrote:I told you guys it would be the first Cape Verde wave. :wink:

?

It's the first invest of the Cape Verde season, but it was far from the first wave.

In the topic "When will Bret happen" I mentioned that the wave coming off the Cape Verde islands was going to be Bret and not the GOM mess.

You are correct though that this isn't the first wave.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#523 Postby hurricanes1234 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:15 pm

The sky is getting quite grey where I am in the northwest portion of Trinidad. Some moderate showers as well, with pauses in between. No high winds yet in my area.
3 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#524 Postby tolakram » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Saved visible loop
2 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#525 Postby AutoPenalti » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:57 pm

tolakram wrote:Saved visible loop

Looks like a hot tower popped up in the last frame.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: BRET - Models

#526 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:02 pm

18z GFS much weaker, not even going below 1002mb.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#527 Postby Hammy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Is it me or has the upper air environment actually become more favorable during the day?
3 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#528 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 pm

here be the center showing up pretty circular on radar. I made the ring smaller than the center circumference. will be making landfall in the next few hours on trinidad

2 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#529 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Hammy wrote:Is it me or has the upper air environment actually become more favorable during the day?

that is correct. the trough to its west has been retreating all day. check cimss and go back a few images then forward. pretty clear.

though it wont last much longer..
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: TWO - Potential Tropical Cyclone - Discussion

#530 Postby abajan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:35 pm

CrazyC83 wrote:Matthew had 50-60 mph winds for a day or so before it closed off a circulation. Obviously the conditions ahead are completely different, but there is precedence.

Yep. And back in the 1980s, a tropical wave produced 55 to 60 mph winds here in Barbados. I don't recall if it eventually became a storm.
0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: TWO - Potential Tropical Cyclone - Discussion

#531 Postby abajan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Alyono wrote:landfall tonight in Venezuela. Last storm to do this... Bret

Indeed. Eerie coincidence. And its passage resulted in one of Venezuela's worst disasters. Not sure why the name wasn't retired in '93. :?:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#532 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Getting closer to Trinidad and Tobago.Looks very good.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#533 Postby hurricanes1234 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Hot tower near the centre.

0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#534 Postby hurricanes1234 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Look at how it's expanded in the last frame ...

0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#535 Postby RL3AO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:11 pm

You don't see -70C cloud tops over Trinidad very often. Hope everyone has a safe night there.
4 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#536 Postby abajan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Technically, according to this compass point designation calculator, it's actually moving W, not the WNW stated in the advisory.
0 likes   

GeneratorPower
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#537 Postby GeneratorPower » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Beautiful, awesome early season TC. Amazing to see it so far east. And hammering Trinidad no less. You have season after season where everything fails to develop, then you have a season where nothing fails to develop. This year?
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#538 Postby Gustywind » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm

abajan wrote:Technically, according to this compass point designation calculator, it's actually moving W, not the WNW stated in the advisory.

You're definitely right Abajan! By the way, hope you're safe and dry even if you should not deal with too much rain and strong winds given Bret trek pretty souther of your beautiful island. Whereas, we have an indication that this season seems really began faster than predicted. We will see!
0 likes   

Steve820
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#539 Postby Steve820 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Nice to see an early season TC and apparently, it's also the earliest forming storm in the MDR on record according to what I saw on the wiki page. This BARELY edged out Ana which formed on this day in 1979. This is also probably going to be the first Venezuelan landfall since Bret in 1993... same name! What a coincidence, it's not everyday you see a landfall there but this name coincidence just makes it that much more strange.
2 likes   
Hurricanes are an amazing natural phenomena. While many are spiraling pits of evil that kill people or cause devastation, some are tame and stay clear of land.

I wish for you to :Bcool:

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#540 Postby abajan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Gustywind wrote:
abajan wrote:Technically, according to this compass point designation calculator, it's actually moving W, not the WNW stated in the advisory.

You're definitely right Abajan! By the way, hope you're safe and dry even if you should not deal with too much rain and strong winds given Bret trek pretty souther of your beautiful island. Whereas, we have an indication that this season seems really began faster than predicted. We will see!

Thanks, Gusty. Barbados actually got pretty high winds this morning (possibly gusting to tropical storm force at times), followed by a period of fairly heavy rain. Things are pretty much back to normal now, though.
0 likes   

Return to “2017”