ATL: IRMA - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

skufful
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: ATL: IRMA - Models

#9101 Postby skufful » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:34 pm

tolakram wrote:12z run

Wondering how this model verifies with the NHC? I am up in Beaufort, SC and have been in the crosshairs for sometime now.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9102 Postby Steve » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

NDG wrote:
Steve wrote:72 hours, EC Is coming up toward SW tip of FL showing 927mb on the low resolution version near Marathon Key and the Everglades. . It might be a hair far west, so just as I expect the Eastern tracks to move a little farther west, EC may nudge 20-25 miles or so back east (edit).

The Euro has 150 mph wind gusts over Homestead & 125 mph wind gusts over Miami, it will still be a problem for Miami Dade if this run is correct.

! meant Euro would nudge 20-25 miles back EAST. Yeah, I agree. Miami/Miami Gardens/Homestead/Kendall - all that seeing a minimum of Cat 3 conditions even with the EC as far west as it was. I expect it to move back a little though unless it's onto something nothing else has latched onto yet. I'm not taking the NAVGEM seriously. EC continues toward Memphis.

JMA is almost a clone of the European track-wise but starts off a little father east in South Florida. In my mind, its 12Z run has the most legitimate track so far.
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 0&ypos=221
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#9103 Postby tolakram » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Not model related but he's got experience as far as where to go.

https://twitter.com/iCyclone/status/905857049426362369

Josh Morgerman ✔ @iCyclone
2 pm. 12Z GFS ticked W, Euro dodged way W. So I'm goin' for SE FL solution. In Jupiter, heading S on FL Tnpk. N-bound traffic heavy. #IRMA
2:15 PM - Sep 7, 2017
3 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#9104 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

florida west coast is 12 years overdue for a major
0 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#9105 Postby AutoPenalti » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Umm, wouldn't that west shift mean we get the nastiest side of Irma? The northeastern side?
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9106 Postby CaptinCrunch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Per that model run, Key Largo would be around the center of the eye and puts Miami to Jupiter on the dirty side. Homestead takes a direct hit from Eastern side of the eye wall. :(
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#9107 Postby tolakram » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

skufful wrote:

[im g]https://i.imgur.com/0BRZKxa.gif[/img]

Wondering how this model verifies with the NHC? I am up in Beaufort, SC and have been in the crosshairs for sometime now.

This is the euro and is extremely good with track, the NHC has been following it closely along with a blend of other ensembles. Do we know exactly, no, follow the NHC cone and be prepared.
2 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Crackbone
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#9108 Postby Crackbone » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

SEASON_CANCELED wrote:tampa/fort myers/ sebring/ lakeland have no gas folks. The people cant go anywhere. everybody panicked on monday/tuesday which was why i am upset right now. People prepared that did not need to prepare there are not infinite resources.

I left Ft Myers yesterday. Gassed up, boarded up and got out. It wasn’t panic, it was being forward thinking. I figured this could be a scenario considering it’s within the margin of error. In Cincinnati today where I will ride this out.
6 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9109 Postby Steve » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

skufful wrote:

It's generally their preferred model of choice.
0 likes   

SunnyThoughts
Category 5
Category 5

#9110 Postby SunnyThoughts » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 pm

That west shift even puts much of the western panhandle under some tropical storm force winds.
Last edited by SunnyThoughts on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#9111 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Crackbone wrote:
SEASON_CANCELED wrote:tampa/fort myers/ sebring/ lakeland have no gas folks. The people cant go anywhere. everybody panicked on monday/tuesday which was why i am upset right now. People prepared that did not need to prepare there are not infinite resources.

I left Ft Myers yesterday. Gassed up, boarded up and got out. It wasn’t panic, it was being forward thinking. I figured this could be a scenario considering it’s within the margin of error. In Cincinnati today where I will ride this out.

Tampa is stupid crazy and it wasn't even forecast to go near us I saw a fistfight at WaWa on Fletcher over gas. This is going to create panic and multiply the stupid. I will drive to Inverness if more models verify this im not staying around here this city is a deathtrap during just a afternoon shower
Last edited by SEASON_CANCELED on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#9112 Postby tolakram » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:38 pm

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/905861946167238656

Ryan Maue ✔ @RyanMaue
If Hurricane #Irma takes ECMWF 12z slightly west track, huge wind gusts for Florida from Keys to Miami, Tampa & Orlando, Tallahassee & Jax.
2:34 PM - Sep 7, 2017
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9113 Postby NDG » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Wind gusts forecast by the 12z Euro.

3 likes   

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9114 Postby Jevo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 pm

I don't think we see a big shift at 5pm... NHC has been West of GFS and East of the Euro.. If anything Id expect a slight nudge back W over Metro Miami Dade county..
2 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9115 Postby Steve » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 pm

SunnyThoughts wrote:That west shift even puts much of the western panhandle under some tropical storm force winds.

The irony is that it really looks to be a beautiful weekend over there. Stiff North breezes could make for some big swells offshore for the kite surfers that surf on the east side. Sunny and low-mid 80s' days and mid 60's nights. You can't beat that. Rather than breaking the rules, I'll put in the forecast model from NWS M-P
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... bGTLoeWxbY
1 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#9116 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:46 pm

the cone will shift. that is your best model, and its moved significantly west. Even if you split the difference. Its still way west
Last edited by SEASON_CANCELED on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#9117 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 pm

NDG wrote:Wind gusts forecast by the 12z Euro.

What could we expect in Palm Beach Gardens (just north of West Palm Beach)?
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9118 Postby gatorcane » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Updated spaghetti. Note EURO not shown (west of the tightly clustered guidance) and similar to the UKMET as it comes into the Keys from the south:

Last edited by gatorcane on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9119 Postby Jevo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:49 pm

SEASON_CANCELED wrote:the cone will shift. that is your best model, and its moved significantly west. Even if you split the difference. Its still way west
It's moved 80 miles W at 60-72 hours... NHC is not going to make a drastic forecast alteration based on 1 run. Perhaps watches go up, but you'd be more likely to see a change once they have the late GFS and Euro ensembles. They are also utilizing on the FSU Super ensemble which is in the GFS camp right now.
Last edited by Jevo on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9120 Postby Steve » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Jevo wrote:I don't think we see a big shift at 5pm... NHC has been West of GFS and East of the Euro.. If anything Id expect a slight nudge back W over Metro Miami Dade county..

I agree. I actually really dig the 24 hour forecast points from the JMA now over the ECMWF. I think the NHC comes west, and I'm not sure there is a second landfall in coastal GA/SC anymore. Models that were farthest north except the GFS have come around to a FL/GA Border 2nd landfall. Better models stay within the state of Florida. Favoring the JMA at this point is only academic because it's not appreciably that different than the Euro besides point of entry. The far western Keys would have it better under JMA than EC, but that's about it as the tracks more or less converge up the state.
2 likes   

Return to “2017”