ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

meriland29
Category 2
Category 2

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

#841 Postby meriland29 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Wow, the tropics on the ATL side are suddenly so quiet now! Is it likely end of season?
0 likes   

Audreyadele
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#842 Postby Audreyadele » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:01 pm

I know absolutely nothing, except from what I’ve read on here and then searched online, but whatever is left doesn’t look that disorganized to me, nor does it look like it’s making a direct landfall over Jamaica. Does that matter?
I’ve been waiting for someone to post something, which makes me think there is nothing new to post.
0 likes   

meriland29
Category 2
Category 2

#843 Postby meriland29 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Audreyadele wrote:I know absolutely nothing, except from what I’ve read on here and then searched online, but whatever is left doesn’t look that disorganized to me, nor does it look like it’s making a direct landfall over Jamaica. Does that matter?
I’ve been waiting for someone to post something, which makes me think there is nothing new to post.

It does matter because it is a semi-organized wave, like a person hanging on a cliff. Past Jamaica is extremely favorable waters.. if the perpetual LLC area were to skirt by or miss Jamaica, it would elevate its potential to re-develop into a tropical storm exponentially.
2 likes   

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#844 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 am

Looks like I might have some crow soon. Dry air preventing development according to NHC, so my forecast of development is in jeopardy. Still think some rain gets thrown up Texas’s way so that might be a concern there, but if steering keeps it south of Texas then that won’t materialize- which would be good news for that area.
Last edited by Tampa Bay Hurricane on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#845 Postby SoupBone » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:08 am

Tampa Bay Hurricane wrote:Looks like I might have some crow soon. Dry air preventing development according to NHC, so my forecast of development is in jeopardy. Still think some rain gets thrown up Texas’s way so that might be a concern there.

His convection is waning quickly tonight.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#846 Postby Frank P » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 am

Convection all but gone but the actual center never hit the island and is just south of the island currently..
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#847 Postby wxman57 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 am

There isn't much to make "landfall" anywhere, just a tropical wave axis. Conditions in its path aren't extremely favorable for development, as we saw with 95L last week. Development chances 5% or less. Remnants may cause an increase in showers along the Texas coast by Thursday, but that's about it.
3 likes   

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#848 Postby EquusStorm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 am

At this point I really don't think Isaac's coming back, just not much left but a weak axis and inconsistent convection.
0 likes   
Colors of lost purpose on the canvas of irrelevance

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#849 Postby SoupBone » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:58 am

EquusStorm wrote:At this point I really don't think Isaac's coming back, just not much left but a weak axis and inconsistent convection.

0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#850 Postby GCANE » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:13 pm

17N 80W

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/sat ... roduct=vis

Nice spinning convergence followed by a blowup.
0 likes   

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#851 Postby Stormcenter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Who said Isaac was DOA?
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#852 Postby GCANE » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 pm

That area is shooting some stronger convection now.
Resurrection may be forth coming.
0 likes   

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#853 Postby EquusStorm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:29 pm

It's blown up convection over a lower level spin multiple times now only to die off later; if it could persist longer term something might happen but like 95L it hasn't persisted thus far... still very much worth watching
0 likes   
Colors of lost purpose on the canvas of irrelevance

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#854 Postby Portastorm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:51 pm

As a casual observer of this thread, I have to share that I am finding it quite entertaining. I usually check on it every few hours and I swear it seems like the last few days, the posts go from "It's dead, Jim" to "It is A-L-I-V-E!" :lol:

As a Texan with great interest in how potential tropical weather may impact us ... I will continue to count on y'all to keep me updated. Every few hours. :wink:
5 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

MississippiWx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#855 Postby MississippiWx » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Hard to believe this area can't regenerate in the middle of September in the Western Caribbean. Shear isn't terrible, but there is some dry air around. Still, it should be able to redevelop into at least a depression or weak storm this time of year. Just goes to show that the actual MDR is not very conducive for tropical development this year. It has been a struggle for any system south of 20N this year. If this were somewhere around Bermuda, I think it would have no problem regenerating. :lol:
2 likes   
This post is not an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of MississippiWx and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#856 Postby SoupBone » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:05 pm

It's definitely not dead, but it's also played this trick several times over the last few days. Convection fires, then dies quickly.
0 likes   

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#857 Postby galaxy401 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Isaac pulsates then poofs just like our mood regarding hurricanes. :lol:
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

meriland29
Category 2
Category 2

#858 Postby meriland29 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Not sure if this sudden surge of deep convection is telling, but it sure looks telling. Jamaica is the only problem in his way, if he persists to thrive as a active wave beyond Jamaica, then I would be flat out surprised if he isn't upgraded 1-2 days past that island...
0 likes   

meriland29
Category 2
Category 2

#859 Postby meriland29 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:27 pm

I am curious, if Isaac becomes something in the future, would he still be Isaac or would he be Kirk?
0 likes   

Craters
Category 1
Category 1

#860 Postby Craters » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

meriland29 wrote:I am curious, if Isaac becomes something in the future, would he still be Isaac or would he be Kirk?

On the basis of past experience (hopefully remembered correctly!) Isaac would still be Isaac. My guess at the reasoning would go like this: a named storm hits a small but intense "unfavorable environment," loses its closed circulation, and its winds drop to 30 kt for just a short time, say 8 hours. Then it reorganizes. No need to change its name just because of a hiccup.

Granted, Isaac lost its status and name quite a while ago, but with all of the resources available these days, its remnants can't hide, even if it doesn't want to go on the cart...
1 likes   
Nothing that I post here should ever be treated as a forecast or anything resembling one. Please check with your local NWS office or the NHC for forecasts, watches, and warnings.

Return to “2018”