Moderator: S2k Moderators

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: ISAAC - Models

#441 Postby Cpv17 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:33 pm

toad strangler wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:I know shear can change and fast, but it's only a day or two away from the expanding shear area. I wonder if this is what causes the (at least temporary) dissipation that models are seeing. It's already ragged as hell, high shear will kick it in the teeth.

https://s22.postimg.cc/w55qb6plt/wave.png

I remember back when the Caribbean was a favorable area for development. It seems like for the past several years now its been a shredder, though.

Well, the post 2004/2005 steroid era there are just two systems to come out of the Caribbean (genesis there) that impacted the United States. Yes, I know this is just not a US forum. But the US for context here .... by my estimate....

2012 - Sandy
2017 - Harvey

I can still remember Wilma. Hard to believe she formed in the Caribbean like that. The Caribbean has been loaded with shear ever since then.
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#442 Postby SoupBone » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:52 pm

0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#443 Postby SoupBone » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm

FWIW, 00Z GFS dissipates Isaac in about 66 hours, but brings what's left of him into the tip of the Yuacatan.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#444 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:45 am

Isaac has been increasing convection in the most unfavorable part of the Caribbean. Shear is forecasted to lessen and Isaac may strengthen over the Western Caribbean. It may then feel the weakness of departing Florence followed by a trough sweeping south into the SE US. This would pull Isaac into the Gulf of Mexico, especially if it gains strength.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jzbvgNckHM5wFPYL6
2 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#445 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

Cpv17 wrote:
toad strangler wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:
I remember back when the Caribbean was a favorable area for development. It seems like for the past several years now its been a shredder, though.

Well, the post 2004/2005 steroid era there are just two systems to come out of the Caribbean (genesis there) that impacted the United States. Yes, I know this is just not a US forum. But the US for context here .... by my estimate....

2012 - Sandy
2017 - Harvey

I can still remember Wilma. Hard to believe she formed in the Caribbean like that. The Caribbean has been loaded with shear ever since then.

Horrible year. I worked in a warehouse..a small two stoplight town in the panhandle.we boarded up for Arlene, took the boards off, re boarded up for Dennis, Took the boards off, re-boarded up for Emily....they told us to take the boards off and we nearly had the employee's riot and the boss decided to just leave them on the rest of the season. Great Call :lol:

Models were not very good back then. The cone's were a heck of alot wider than they are now
4 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#446 Postby SoupBone » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Look at this model consensus! :lol:

1 likes   

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#447 Postby CyclonicFury » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
toad strangler wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

2012 - Sandy
2017 - Harvey

Matthew in 2016 was another exception. Although it dealt with southwesterly shear itself, it managed to reach Category 5 status in the central Caribbean. Maria was also a Category 5 over the extreme eastern Caribbean but did not affect the CONUS.
1 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#448 Postby SFLcane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:11 pm

12z models shifted north again let’s see what recon finds
1 likes   

otowntiger
Category 5
Category 5

#449 Postby otowntiger » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:54 pm

SFLcane wrote:12z models shifted north again let’s see what recon finds
apparently nothin. no LLc, according to wxman57. :D
1 likes   

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#450 Postby Stormcenter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Keep an eye whatever is left of Isaac when it enters
the Gulf.

quote="otowntiger"]
SFLcane wrote:12z models shifted north again let’s see what recon finds
apparently nothin. no LLc, according to wxman57. :D[/quote]
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#451 Postby SoupBone » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 pm

The Euro does some really strange stuff with the remnants of Isaac at the end of the run. It has it swirling around in the central GoM due south of Louisiana, not really moving.
0 likes   

stormlover2013
Category 5
Category 5

#452 Postby stormlover2013 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 pm

becasue of the high pressure, cold front coming but it isn't strong enough like the GFS is showing so it gets stuck
0 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#453 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:41 pm

push remnants into florida
0 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

chris_fit
Category 5
Category 5

#454 Postby chris_fit » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:09 pm

ECMF Ensembles not impressed

0 likes   

chris_fit
Category 5
Category 5

#455 Postby chris_fit » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:10 pm

GFS Ensembles also not impressed

0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#456 Postby SoupBone » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:33 pm

4th GFS run in a row that kills him right around Jamaica.
0 likes   

CDO62
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#457 Postby CDO62 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 pm

SoupBone wrote:4th GFS run in a row that kills him right around Jamaica.

Now that Isaac is stronger than what the models were predicting, lets see what the 00z models do.
0 likes   

Craters
Category 1
Category 1

#458 Postby Craters » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:28 pm

SoupBone wrote:4th GFS run in a row that kills him right around Jamaica.

Right about where your mets said he'd kick the bucket on Sunday, if I recall correctly...
1 likes   
Nothing that I post here should ever be treated as a forecast or anything resembling one. Please check with your local NWS office or the NHC for forecasts, watches, and warnings.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#459 Postby SoupBone » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:49 pm

So far, the 00Z GFS poofs him SE of Jamaica on Sunday. 5th run in a row like this.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#460 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:31 am

00Z Euro poofs it between 24-48 hours from now.
0 likes   

Return to “2018”