ATL: KIRK - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: KIRK - Models

#61 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 am

The GEPS' silly love affair with Captain Kirk continues. The new 0Z GEPS has no fewer than 8 of the 21 members hitting FL with a H between 10/4 and 10/11 and at least one hitting every state from TX to NC as well as MX. I counted 12 of the 21 members being a H and they all appear to reform from Kirk remnants. They mainly do that in the W Caribbean although I counted 3 do that just N of Cuba. Meanwhile, GEFS and EPS runs have had very few, if any, CONUS H hits from Kirk.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: KIRK - Models

#62 Postby chaser1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:06 am

LarryWx wrote:The GEPS' silly love affair with Captain Kirk continues. The new 0Z GEPS has no fewer than 8 of the 21 members hitting FL with a H between 10/4 and 10/11 and at least one hitting every state from TX to NC as well as MX. I counted 12 of the 21 members being a H and they all appear to reform from Kirk remnants. They mainly do that in the W Caribbean although I counted 3 do that just N of Cuba. Meanwhile, GEFS and EPS runs have had very few, if any, CONUS H hits from Kirk.

Interesting; guess we'll just have to watch if/how the ensembles begin to trend one way or another. Curiously, the new GFS and CMC both do regenerate Kirk but I believe track him NNE out of the W. Central Caribbean to well east of the Central Bahamas.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2018”