EPAC: ROSA - Post-Tropical

Moderator: S2k Moderators

HurricaneRyan
Category 2
Category 2

Re: EPAC: ROSA - Post-Tropical

#121 Postby HurricaneRyan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 am

galaxy401 wrote:We’ve been getting showers the last couple days from Rosa. Phoenix has gotten over 2 inches so far. Nice to get some rain since the place I live didn’t get much during the monsoon.

Have you seen any forecasts showing the remnants going into Southern California too? I can't see any other reason why my city would have rain in the forecast for tomorrow
0 likes   
Kay '22 Hilary '23

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#122 Postby galaxy401 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:58 am

HurricaneRyan wrote:
galaxy401 wrote:We’ve been getting showers the last couple days from Rosa. Phoenix has gotten over 2 inches so far. Nice to get some rain since the place I live didn’t get much during the monsoon.

Have you seen any forecasts showing the remnants going into Southern California too? I can't see any other reason why my city would have rain in the forecast for tomorrow

Not really sure. If there is rain, I think it will be from a different system. Rosa has completely dissipated.
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

bob rulz
Category 5
Category 5

#123 Postby bob rulz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 am

HurricaneRyan wrote:

I would say to check your local NWS office forecast discussion, they usually have good explanations.

The front that recurved Rosa is the beginning of a massive pattern change for the western U.S., so it could simply be a front or a shortwave.
2 likes   

Monsoonjr99
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#124 Postby Monsoonjr99 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:56 pm

This front does seem to be colliding with tropical moisture Rosa brought here, so perhaps we are getting some indirect rain? I notice thunderstorms in the forecast.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Some Californian who codes things and tracks weather.

Kay '22, Hilary '23

Return to “2018”