chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Models

#81 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:55 am

And, the EURO is "on the clock"
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#82 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 am

For now, i'm mostly curious to see this latest run out to 96 hr's. I personally believe it'll be a tad slower and trending with a more eastward track solution.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#83 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:02 am

chaser1 wrote:For now, i'm mostly curious to see this latest run out to 96 hr's. I personally believe it'll be a tad slower and trending with a more eastward track solution.

im not even looking past 48 hours.. no need right now.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#84 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:07 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
chaser1 wrote:For now, i'm mostly curious to see this latest run out to 96 hr's. I personally believe it'll be a tad slower and trending with a more eastward track solution.

Well, there ya go Aric - there's your 48 hr. forecast. I'm not seeing much change in terms of location (maybe a hair to the east); only significant thing I see looking at the 48 hr. forecast is the 500mb vorticity seems stronger and larger as compared to the previous run.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#85 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 am

72 hr EURO showing distinctly stronger 998 mb (7 mb deeper) and nudged about a degree to the east.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#86 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:11 am

chaser1 wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:

Well, there ya go Aric - there's your 48 hr. forecast. I'm not seeing much change in terms of location (maybe a hair to the east); only significant thing I see looking at the 48 hr. forecast is the 500mb vorticity seems stronger and larger as compared to the previous run.

it is the subtle difference in the placement and downstream environment. I could care less about the actual position of the system. It's position will be determined by the placement and strength of that narrow trough. it starts the north turn. everyone is overlooking the actual mechanisms and just watching the track.

the trend is weaker narrow trough. very important.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#87 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:21 am

Euro looks slightly west
0 likes   
Michael

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#88 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:22 am

Euro narrow trough weaker. and the downstream long wave trough is weaker and does not dig nearly as much.

Euro west. all other models east..

very relevant reason.
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#89 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:24 am

South of Mobile at 120 hr but likely to make it's slight hook to the N.E. I'm guessing. Probably land-falling darn close to Pensacola such as the prior run indicated.
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#90 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:24 am

Aric Dunn wrote:Euro narrow trough weaker. and the downstream long wave trough is weaker and does not dig nearly as much.

very relevant reason.

Euro..cmc..nav..fv gfs all west
0 likes   
Michael

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#91 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:26 am

Ivanhater wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:Euro narrow trough weaker. and the downstream long wave trough is weaker and does not dig nearly as much.

very relevant reason.

I guess I should have said all relevant models lol

likely see more west shifts..
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#92 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:29 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
Ivanhater wrote:

very relevant reason.

I guess I should have said all relevant models lol

likely see more west shifts..

SE ridge is strong...all models show a funny center relocation around the pass and maybe after
1 likes   
Michael

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#93 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 am

Are we looking at the same map lol? Pensacola hasn't moved and the storm tracks directly over it - again. I see no westward shift here.
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#94 Postby PTrackerLA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:34 am

Landfall intensity is 983mb on 00z Euro, intensifies rapidly just before landfall.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#95 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 am

chaser1 wrote:Are we looking at the same map lol? Pensacola hasn't moved and the storm tracks directly over it - again. I see no westward shift here.

lol early track is what I am talking about. also again surrounding environment has changed this run. euro is 12 hours faster this run.

so many subtle changes. we have a long way to go..
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#96 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 am

chaser1 wrote:Are we looking at the same map lol? Pensacola hasn't moved and the storm tracks directly over it - again. I see no westward shift here.

12z euro was around Destin..think this run shows Pensacola..same area but need detailed map to confirm
0 likes   
Michael

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#97 Postby chaser1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:38 am

Same with the GFS and FV3-GFS , 18Z to 0Z runs shifted east, not west. CMC?? Okay, i'll give you a slight shift to the west there :D
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#98 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 am

Euro now strengthens up to landfall
0 likes   
Michael

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#99 Postby Aric Dunn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:41 am

chaser1 wrote:Same with the GFS and FV3-GFS , 18Z to 0Z runs shifted east, not west. CMC?? Okay, i'll give you a slight shift to the west there :D

the entire syntopic setup is shifted. the euro is 12 hours faster ! that is not the same it does not matter where it crosses the coast the reasoning is far more important right now. now its doing a loop sooner..
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#100 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:43 am

Anyone have up close landfall of euro?
0 likes   
Michael

Return to “2018”