ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion: 2 PM TWO: 60%/60% A little better organized

#121 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Check out the expanding outflow to the north. Compared to yesterday's sharper west to east strong upper level winds over the N. Texas coast and Northern Gulf, the flow is slowly becoming rounder and bowing more northward. Compliments of the bursting convection process occurring within the west and north side of the gyre envelope, and it's warming of the upper air, and at least temporarily shoving the upper level westerly shear further north.

https://i.imgur.com/fV4FzNs.gif
Last edited by chaser1 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#122 Postby NDG » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:11 pm

ASCAT pass from this morning confirms its broad circulation.
It never fails that these monsoonal type systems always seem to take a long time to tighten up.

1 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#123 Postby wxman57 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Wind shear is VERY strong to its north, from the lower TX coast northward. Any movement in that direction would result in it being ripped apart. All that will survive to reach Texas is moisture. Looks like some rain for us Wed/Thu.
5 likes   

Cypresso
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#124 Postby Cypresso » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:31 pm

wxman57 wrote:Wind shear is VERY strong to its north, from the lower TX coast northward. Any movement in that direction would result in it being ripped apart. All that will survive to reach Texas is moisture. Looks like some rain for us Wed/Thu.

Rain is a concern for quite a bit of Texas at the moment. Houston had a lot of rain a few days ago. Ground is dry on top (I just watered some plants) however, any downpours will wet the top and the run off is really bad so flooding would become a concern.
0 likes   
Houston, Texas. Allison '01, Rita '05, Dolly '08, Ike '08, Issac '12, Harvey '17

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#125 Postby SoupBone » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Cypresso wrote:
wxman57 wrote:Wind shear is VERY strong to its north, from the lower TX coast northward. Any movement in that direction would result in it being ripped apart. All that will survive to reach Texas is moisture. Looks like some rain for us Wed/Thu.

Rain is a concern for quite a bit of Texas at the moment. Houston had a lot of rain a few days ago. Ground is dry on top (I just watered some plants) however, any downpours will wet the top and the run off is really bad so flooding would become a concern.

The Greater Houston Area hasn't had any significant rain since the beginning of the 2nd week of May. The ground is cracking in most non-watered areas.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

#126 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 pm

:uarrow: True, still broad but even after removing potential contaminated flags, i'd say one can now make the argument for a more consolidated 2-3 degree wide COC starting to take shape. That second lobe of vorticity closer to the coast should continue to rotate south moving inland during the afternoon and evening, causing pressures to rise there, and inducing an increased pressure gradient in the west quadrant of the developing COC. Just how quickly will likely be dependent on the level of co-located convection firing close to center.
2 likes   

Cypresso
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#127 Postby Cypresso » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:02 pm

SoupBone wrote:
Cypresso wrote:

The Greater Houston Area hasn't had any significant rain since the beginning of the 2nd week of May. The ground is cracking in most non-watered areas.

I am sure the whole city has not had that kind of rain, however, we, in Southside Place, had a lot recently. If you are from the area, you know how the cells build quickly and it is nothing to receive several inches of rain. As for the ground cracking....A day after rain the ground cracks in Houston, at least in the various places I have lived. The water table is under the cracked top soil. Today, I watered what is near the surface with their roots. My deeper plants/shrubs are showing no need of water. But, that being said, I am not here to argue with anyone. :) I will say the rain we had the other day flooded our street for well over two hours.
1 likes   
Houston, Texas. Allison '01, Rita '05, Dolly '08, Ike '08, Issac '12, Harvey '17

StormLogic
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#128 Postby StormLogic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Ground is no where near dry here in Southeast Texas. We had a downpour few weeks ago that flooded the entire street with 5" of rainfall. With that being said, all the rivers are full and even going over the banks here. We're fully saturated :wink:
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#129 Postby SoupBone » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:34 pm

This is definitely NOT the type of system/setup we'd want to see in Texas over August or September!
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#130 Postby SoupBone » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Cypresso wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Cypresso wrote:Rain is a concern for quite a bit of Texas at the moment. Houston had a lot of rain a few days ago. Ground is dry on top (I just watered some plants) however, any downpours will wet the top and the run off is really bad so flooding would become a concern.

I am sure the whole city has not had that kind of rain, however, we, in Southside Place, had a lot recently. If you are from the area, you know how the cells build quickly and it is nothing to receive several inches of rain. As for the ground cracking....A day after rain the ground cracks in Houston, at least in the various places I have lived. The water table is under the cracked top soil. Today, I watered what is near the surface with their roots. My deeper plants/shrubs are showing no need of water. But, that being said, I am not here to argue with anyone. :) I will say the rain we had the other day flooded our street for well over two hours.

Definitely not the arguing type, sorry if it came across that way. I'm only going by the records from the Harris County Flood Warning site. Maybe the're inaccurate or not fully calculating the rainfall totals. It shows .8" of rain since May 10 for your area. :wink:
0 likes   

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#131 Postby TheProfessor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:53 pm

First year that my parents will have to pay close attention to hurricane season. They moved to Covington, La in February. Anyways I've been here since I graduated college and I know that the local rivers are still fairly high and my family and I encountered a flooded road on Friday when when we were driving around where the Tchefuncte river flows into Lake Pontchartrain. Not to mention the ongoing flooding in Baton Rouge right now. Anything like what the 12z GFS is predicting precipitation wise could end up being very bad down here.
1 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Dylan
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#132 Postby Dylan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:55 pm

1 likes   
Georges('98), Allison('01), Isidore('02), Lili('02), Frances('04) Ivan('04), Cindy('05), Katrina('05), Rita('05), Gustav('08), Isaac('12), Matthew('16), Harvey('17), Irma('17), Nate ('17), Ida ('21).

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#133 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Increased curvature on the NE to S quads. looks like some better convergence as well. may see a convective boost soon.
2 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#134 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Convection is starting to increase with our the llc.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#135 Postby lrak » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Was about to leave the office and finally it looks like something for sure is beginning to happen. :uarrow:

I would love a nice over head high wave with some offshore winds :D
1 likes   
AKA karl

Also
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#136 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:32 pm

Its about to pop....
0 likes   

drezee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#137 Postby drezee » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:42 pm

LLC is tighten on the vis. Love to watch these naked swirls forming. You get to see cyclogenesis...
2 likes   

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#138 Postby lrak » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:Its about to pop....

I can't believe it, the thing got some super unleaded. I remember watching an invest for days and at the end it was a tiny tinny swirl over the Corpus Christi Bay :lol:

Satellite refresh time...
2 likes   
AKA karl

Also
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#139 Postby Cpv17 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:08 pm

There’s no convection near the center of the storm.. nothing really to see here right now. It’s a sloppy disorganized mess.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#140 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Cpv17 wrote:There’s no convection near the center of the storm.. nothing really to see here right now. It’s a sloppy disorganized mess.

then your not looking in right place..
3 likes   

Return to “2019”