Moderator: S2k Moderators

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

Re: ATL: INVEST 95L - Discussion

#81 Postby DioBrando » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am

and i oop

40 knots of shear in the gulf and the shear tendency map has it increasing
Last edited by DioBrando on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
who can it be now
*du du du du du du*

StormPyrate
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#82 Postby StormPyrate » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

Lets hear it for Sheer, please dont let up.
Where do you see the sheer forecast models?
1 likes   
St Petersburg Florida

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#83 Postby DioBrando » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:17 am

StormPyrate wrote:Lets hear it for Sheer, please dont let up.

Here you go!
http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic.php
I'm glad the shear is forecast to increase.
0 likes   
who can it be now
*du du du du du du*

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#84 Postby GCANE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 am

GCANE wrote:Big blowup east of Aric's swirl.

Tons of helicity and lightning.
Could be where it spins up if it keeps going for a few more hours.
1 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#85 Postby GCANE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 am

GCANE wrote:
GCANE wrote:Big blowup east of Aric's swirl.

Tons of helicity and lightning.
Could be where it spins up if it keeps going for a few more hours.

Massive lightning now.
Strong cirrus outflow with small gravity waves.
0 likes   

tpr1967
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#86 Postby tpr1967 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am

0 likes   

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#87 Postby CyclonicFury » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the University of Wisconsin shear maps in this case - this system is an example of a favorable TUTT interaction. However once it develops if it does, shear may not decrease enough for significant deepening. We'll likely see a sheared TS in the Gulf, something similar to Gordon last year seems likely.
3 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#88 Postby SoupBone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 am

So what's keeping this one from Texas, the Death Ridge?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#89 Postby DioBrando » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am

CyclonicFury wrote:I wouldn't pay too much attention to the University of Wisconsin shear maps in this case - this system is an example of a favorable TUTT interaction. However once it develops if it does, shear may not decrease enough for significant deepening. We'll likely see a sheared TS in the Gulf, something similar to Gordon last year seems likely.

Thing is, 30-40 knots of shear extend through the entire path... I just can't see this being named. Honestly.
0 likes   
who can it be now
*du du du du du du*

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#90 Postby ronjon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am

DioBrando wrote:
CyclonicFury wrote:I wouldn't pay too much attention to the University of Wisconsin shear maps in this case - this system is an example of a favorable TUTT interaction. However once it develops if it does, shear may not decrease enough for significant deepening. We'll likely see a sheared TS in the Gulf, something similar to Gordon last year seems likely.

Thing is, 30-40 knots of shear extend through the entire path... I just can't see this being named. Honestly.

I agree that shear will keep it in check for the next few days - but what is forecasted shear in the FL straits and eastern GOM days 3-5? Most of the global models keep it weak and broad low pressure until reaching the northern Gulf Coast in 4-5 days.
1 likes   

Ubuntwo
Category 5
Category 5

#91 Postby Ubuntwo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

DioBrando wrote:

Again, shear is not static. That 40kts of shear won’t be there once it moves through the area.
2 likes   
Kendall -> SLO -> PBC

Memorable Storms: Katrina (for its Florida landfall...) Wilma Matthew Irma

HurricaneAndre2008
Category 1
Category 1

#92 Postby HurricaneAndre2008 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 am

I'm thinking code red at the 5 day next outlook.
1 likes   
Cindy(2005), Katrina(2005), Rita(2005), Erin(2007), Isaac(2012)

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#93 Postby DioBrando » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 am

Ubuntwo wrote:
DioBrando wrote:

Again, shear is not static. That 40kts of shear won’t be there once it moves through the area.

Proof?
0 likes   
who can it be now
*du du du du du du*

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#94 Postby DioBrando » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 am

ronjon wrote:
DioBrando wrote:

I agree that shear will keep it in check for the next few days - but what is forecasted shear in the FL straits and eastern GOM days 3-5? Most of the global models keep it weak and broad low pressure until reaching the northern Gulf Coast in 4-5 days.

Broad low pressure meaning what though? A NS?
0 likes   
who can it be now
*du du du du du du*

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#95 Postby SoupBone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 am

Ubuntwo wrote:
DioBrando wrote:

It's the one thing about shear that people tend to forget, including myself. What you see today, may not, and will likely not be what you see tomorrow.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#96 Postby DioBrando » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 am

SoupBone wrote:
Ubuntwo wrote:
DioBrando wrote:Thing is, 30-40 knots of shear extend through the entire path... I just can't see this being named. Honestly.

It's the one thing about shear that people tend to forget, including myself. What you see today, may not, and will likely not be what you see tomorrow.

I mean I did read off the map that shear tendency was increasing....
0 likes   
who can it be now
*du du du du du du*

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#97 Postby Evil Jeremy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:11 am

DioBrando wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Ubuntwo wrote:Again, shear is not static. That 40kts of shear won’t be there once it moves through the area.

Increasing shear today does not mean increasing shear in 3 days.
3 likes   
Frances 04 / Jeanne 04 / Katrina 05 / Wilma 05 / Fay 08 / Debby 12 / Andrea 13 / Colin 16 / Hermine 16 / Matthew 16 / Irma 17

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#98 Postby Steve » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am

StormPyrate wrote:Lets hear it for Sheer, please dont let up.

Favoring stockings or the entire outfit?
:sun:
2 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#99 Postby SoupBone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am

DioBrando wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Ubuntwo wrote:Again, shear is not static. That 40kts of shear won’t be there once it moves through the area.

I definitely understand. But shear is a fickle thing, and hopefully it does increase and keep this system in check. The ebb and flow of shear.
1 likes   

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#100 Postby ronjon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:24 am

DioBrando wrote:
ronjon wrote:
DioBrando wrote:Thing is, 30-40 knots of shear extend through the entire path... I just can't see this being named. Honestly.

Broad low pressure meaning what though? A NS?

Meaning it will take extra time to organize - think most models keep it relatively weak because of this and it eventually runs out of real estate along the northern gulf coast.
1 likes   

Return to “2019”