ATL: KAREN - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: KAREN - Remnants - Discussion

#1061 Postby LarryWx » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:26 pm

One week ago today, the 12Z Euro had Karen on the SE FL coast tomorrow morning whereas the 12Z GFS had only an open wave approaching:

This is about what will really occur tomorrow morning:
4 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1062 Postby chaser1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:12 pm

I see land, I see shear, and I see pockets of dry air. Otherwise, i'd say that the prospects for ex-Karen are looking up. In all seriousness...... I don't think it's unreasonable for some blend of a tropical wave and remaining vorticity from the remnants of Karen to possibly make some kind of run at development toward week end somewhere in the far NW Caribbean perhaps. Nothing soon though.
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#1063 Postby AJC3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm

Just to the NNW of the new area near/east of the SE Bahamas mentioned in the 8PM TWO from NHC, you can see our old friend, the vort carcass of Karen near 27N 73W zipping SW this evening. It's been tooting some isolated, heavily sheared convection since yesterday, after having merged with the remnant vort from Jerry a few days ago.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. That's a weak vortex that developed NW of the Jerry-Karen merger, and then starting shooting SW ahead of it.
The remnants of J-K cover a larger area and are located farther NE...

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/a ... 4java.html

2 likes   

Return to “2019”