ATL: ISAIAS - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: ISAIAS - Hurricane - Discussion

#3821 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

eastcoastFL wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Well the trends have been definitely encouraging for SE Florida as most models keep this just offshore about 50 miles or so and weakening.

Just walked by a surf shop here in Jupiter in the plaza where I work and they’re boarding up with plywood as if a major hurricane is barreling towards us. I guess they rather be safe than sorry but that just seems a little extreme for what Isaias May bring.

Nobody knows if it will strengthen further. So if putting a few pieces of wood up could protect your livelihood it’s well worth the effort. It can only hurt you if you don’t put them up.

Like I said rather be safe than sorry, but at least as I see it the trends have been encouraging.

Of course the grocery store I work at we’re getting swamped with costumers, it’s been NON-STOP since we’ve opened at 7am!
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#3822 Postby artist » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

eastcoastFL wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Well the trends have been definitely encouraging for SE Florida as most models keep this just offshore about 50 miles or so and weakening.

Just walked by a surf shop here in Jupiter in the plaza where I work and they’re boarding up with plywood as if a major hurricane is barreling towards us. I guess they rather be safe than sorry but that just seems a little extreme for what Isaias May bring.

Nobody knows if it will strengthen further. So if putting a few pieces of wood up could protect your livelihood it’s well worth the effort. It can only hurt you if you don’t put them up.

And if you don’t and it hits, insurance will not pay, if there was a warning issued, I believe. Correction, they will reduce the payout.
Last edited by artist on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

Weatherboy1
Category 5
Category 5

#3823 Postby Weatherboy1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 am

Blown Away wrote:https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/satlooper.php?region=09L&product=vis
CDO really expanding to the W & SW again.

I was noticing that as well. Obviously shear and dry air intrusion have hurt the system. Anything that shows that quadrant expanding and/or dry air mixing out would point toward potential strengthening most likely
1 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3824 Postby NDG » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 am

12z sounding still showing that narrow 592-593dm narrow ridge to the north of Isaias, not giving up that easy but eventual breakdown later today as the trough gets closer allowing Isaias to start heading on a more NNW heading later this evening into tomorrow morning.

0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#3825 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 am

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#3826 Postby eastcoastFL » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 am

northjaxpro wrote:If I had a 50 bucks for each one of these select people writing this cyclone off or trying to kill it, I would be set to not work for awhile.

Let's hold off on the eulogies folks please. This cyclone is still a significantt threat to not only the Florida East Coast but up the entire Eastern seaboard.

Oh.yeah, as long as you have a tropical cyclone over above normal sea surface temps, NEVER , EVER turn your back on its potential to thrive on that high octave source for it it to potentially intensify.

I really don’t understand why folks want to call time of death every time it has a hiccup. I’d want to see hours of consistent degrading before saying it’s done. There always seems to be peaks and valleys in these storms life cycle.
8 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3827 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 am

This thing sure does look like it is on life support currently. Dry air and shear are kicking its butt and as some pointed out it only gets worse from here. Hopefully, this continues and the storm dies out. Lord knows this country doesn't need any more disasters with COVID still wreaking havoc.
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#3828 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 am

artist wrote:
eastcoastFL wrote:

And if you don’t and it hits, insurance will not pay, if there was a warning issued, I believe.

I’m definitely closing up my shutters later this afternoon or evening regardless of what it does!
0 likes   

Visioen
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3829 Postby Visioen » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

My take is it's going to keep fluctuating and I think NHC's track is pretty accurate by now.
2 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#3830 Postby DestinHurricane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

Still moving WNW?
0 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

Fort Lauderdale, Florida Eta 2020, Many future storms!

THE Ohio State University: :cold:

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3831 Postby toad strangler » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:22 am

Steve H. wrote:I have to agree with northjax pro here. It's a situation where many are writing this off, and putting it offshore. The TC is beginning to improve appearance wise and I believe will intensify more today. It is not dead.

Well there is a difference between writing it off and making a statement on its current presentation. I for one made a couple comments about Isaias looking like crap. Because it does. I didn’t write it off though. That would be amateurism.
4 likes   

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

#3832 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am

I'm thinking the cone will be moved back a tick west next track update. Heading still looks WNW. Has there been a center fix recently?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Last edited by HurricaneEnzo on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3833 Postby GCANE » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am

If you are a believer in GFS, check this out

0 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3834 Postby toad strangler » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:24 am

Visioen wrote:My take is it's going to keep fluctuating and I think NHC's track is pretty accurate by now.

Sure, but 15 to 20 miles could mean everything. That’s not much. NHC isn’t going to nail down a track to the mile downstream a bit.
1 likes   

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#3835 Postby eastcoastFL » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:26 am

toad strangler wrote:
Steve H. wrote:I have to agree with northjax pro here. It's a situation where many are writing this off, and putting it offshore. The TC is beginning to improve appearance wise and I believe will intensify more today. It is not dead.

Well there is a difference between writing it off and making a statement on its current presentation. I for one made a couple comments about Isaias looking like crap. Because it does. I didn’t write it off though. That would be amateurism.

That’s normal. That’s what we’re here to do, discuss the storm. “Stick a fork in it” is extremely amateurish though. So I agree with you,
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

Re: RE: Re: ATL: ISAIAS - Hurricane - Discussion

#3836 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:26 am

GCANE wrote:If you are a believer in GFS, check this out

Gonna have to pull out some gymnastics or ninja moves to make that

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
2 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3837 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:26 am

Some terrible news just delivered on Twitter. This is heart breaking for sure for some of us southerners:

https://twitter.com/LoganGilesWx/status/1289339292209184768

6 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3838 Postby northjaxpro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 am

jlauderdal wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:If I had a 50 bucks for each one of these select people writing this cyclone off or trying to kill it, I would be set to not work for awhile.

Let's hold off on the eulogies folks please. This cyclone is still a significantt threat to not only the Florida East Coast but up the entire Eastern seaboard.

Oh.yeah, as long as you have a tropical cyclone over above normal sea surface temps, NEVER , EVER turn your back on its potential to thrive on that high octave source for it it to potentially intensify.
There is only one person on this forum allowed to kill off a storm and that is wxman57

Lol.. Yeah, ole' 57 has not been able to bring his buddy.out to make his famed proclamation this season huh? There have been times with all the SAL around that 57 was probably was tempted to bringhim out, but Mother Nature said no lol..
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3839 Postby northjaxpro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 am

jlauderdal wrote:

There is only one person on this forum allowed to kill off a storm and that is wxman57

Lol.. Yeah, ole' 57 has not been able to bring his buddy.out to make his famed proclamation this season huh? There have been times with all the SAL around that 57 was probably was tempted to bring him out, but Mother Nature said no lol..
Last edited by northjaxpro on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#3840 Postby artist » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am

TheStormExpert wrote:Not to sound like those writing it off but the worst of the weather should remain well offshore with the current NHC track assuming the westerly shear keeps up. Personally this is reminding me more of Matthew where we got spared about 60-70 miles here in NE Palm Beach County. TS conditions should be expected but nothing worth getting too concerned about in my opinion, unless something drastically changes.

Do you own your own home? If you do and you live on Jupiter island, you better board up for insurance purposes, if anything happens. Otherwise they can reduce your claim, unless your have hurricane windows.
2 likes   

Return to “2020”