ATL: SALLY - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: ATL: NINETEEN - Models

#81 Postby Ivanhater » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:03 pm

bella_may wrote:
Ivanhater wrote:00Z Icon finally on board. Landfall around Mobilehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200912/339329f1613809df1537b298b6fa878e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GFS too

Yep, gfs shifted way east and that was skewing the TVCN consensus further south. That may move east if the other models stay the same and thus move the track.
1 likes   
Michael

PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

#82 Postby PTPatrick » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:06 pm

Not sure I buy the 0z gfs. Just sort of stalls off the mouth of the Mississippi before finally moving into Mississippi or New Orleans at 96 hrs. Just rather weird. It looks weak. I’m guessing as it develops and gfs gets a better handle it scoots it in more toward Tuesday or Monday but we shall see
Last edited by PTPatrick on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#83 Postby NDG » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 pm

0z GFS is coming in a little stronger with the storm compared to previous runs and still persistent with its more westward track towards lower SE LA but then it takes a hard right towards the LA/MS border. Shows slightly stronger ridging to the north over the mid MS River Valley before making the hard right turn.

0 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#84 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 pm

00Z GFS still very weak. I think we will see more east shifts once the globals start showing a stronger storm.
0 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

Fort Lauderdale, Florida Eta 2020, Many future storms!

THE Ohio State University: :cold:

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#85 Postby Blinhart » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:09 pm

I think we will see West shifts coming up for now on until landfall.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#86 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Blinhart wrote:I think we will see West shifts coming up for now on until landfall.

Why? Trend has been stronger storm and a stronger storm will move north.
0 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

La Breeze
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#87 Postby La Breeze » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:12 pm

Blinhart wrote:I think we will see West shifts coming up for now on until landfall.

What would cause a western shift, Blinhart?
0 likes   
Not a professional forecast by any means.
Audrey'57, Hilda'64, Betsy '65, Edith'71, Carmen'74, Danny'85, Juan'85, Andrew'92, Iniki'92 (while on vacation in Kauai), Lili'02, Rita'05, Humberto'07, Gustav'08, Ike'08, Isaac'12, Monsoonal Depression'16, Harvey'17, Barry'19, Laura'20, Delta'20, Ida'21.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#88 Postby NDG » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:14 pm

Notice the trend towards slightly stronger ridging to the north of the system while is south of the FL Panhandle by the latest GFS, even if it gets stronger it can't go inland over the FL Panhandle.

0 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#89 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:17 pm

NDG wrote:Notice the trend towards slightly stronger ridging to the north of the system while is south of the FL Panhandle by the latest GFS, even if it gets stronger it can't go inland over the FL Panhandle.

https://i.imgur.com/1Z9X9Me.gif

I think a stronger storm would prevent the ridge from building in over the panhandle.
0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#90 Postby Blinhart » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:18 pm

La Breeze wrote:

Because this giant dome of High pressure and high temps over Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi won't let this thing go there. Texas and Louisiana is the only place this thing can go if it doesn't go to Mexico. Right now I say anywhere from Brownsville to New Orleans needs to keep an eye on this, until we get a front that can get all the way down to the Gulf and through to Jacksonville, the lid is on the Panhandle.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#91 Postby Ivanhater » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:19 pm

Right. Again, the gfs shifted much further east and caused the TVCN to skew south. If anything does move further west it is likely to be highly sheared
0 likes   
Michael

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#92 Postby Ivanhater » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Blinhart wrote:
La Breeze wrote:

Because this giant dome of High pressure and high temps over Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi won't let this thing go there. Texas and Louisiana is the only place this thing can go if it doesn't go to Mexico. Right now I say anywhere from Brownsville to New Orleans needs to keep an eye on this, until we get a front that can get all the way down to the Gulf and through to Jacksonville, the lid is on the Panhandle.

Absolutely no models shows that. We are within 3 days, I highly doubt the NHC will be off that much.
3 likes   
Michael

bella_may
Category 3
Category 3

#93 Postby bella_may » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Blinhart wrote:
La Breeze wrote:

This is not true
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#94 Postby NDG » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:21 pm

DestinHurricane wrote:
NDG wrote:Notice the trend towards slightly stronger ridging to the north of the system while is south of the FL Panhandle by the latest GFS, even if it gets stronger it can't go inland over the FL Panhandle.

I think a stronger storm would prevent the ridge from building in over the panhandle.

Notice that the GFS now shows the MLC circulation further west as well, meaning that it forecasts it to be stronger and more stacked than previous run.
I am sure the HWRF will shift westward towards SE LA/MS and not as close to the FL Panhandle as previous runs over the next few runs based on the GFS showing stronger ridging to the north.
0 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#95 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:23 pm

NDG wrote:
DestinHurricane wrote:

Notice that the GFS now shows the MLC circulation further west as well, meaning that it forecasts it to be stronger and more stacked than previous run.
I am sure the HWRF will shift westward towards SE LA/MS and not as close to the FL Panhandle as previous runs over the next few runs based on the GFS showing stronger ridging to the north.

Not sure what you mean there. GFS shifted east. Stronger will mean more east.
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#96 Postby Ivanhater » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:24 pm

00Z Canadian into Mobile as wellImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
0 likes   
Michael

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#97 Postby Blinhart » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:24 pm

bella_may wrote:
Blinhart wrote:
La Breeze wrote:What would cause a western shift, Blinhart?

This is not true

I have the disclaimer on my posts, stating I'm not an official met and to take what I say with a grain of salt. However this is what I see and know what I have seen in the past.
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#98 Postby NDG » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:25 pm

Ivanhater wrote:Right. Again, the gfs shifted much further east and caused the TVCN to skew south. If anything does move further west it is likely to be highly sheared

It still makes landfall in lower SE LA before somewhat stalling and then making a cyclonic loop towards the LA/MS border, prior to that hook it is identical to its previous runs if anything a little faster westward towards SE LA.
0 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#99 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:27 pm

NDG wrote:
Ivanhater wrote:Right. Again, the gfs shifted much further east and caused the TVCN to skew south. If anything does move further west it is likely to be highly sheared

It still makes landfall in lower SE LA before somewhat stalling and then making a cyclonic loop towards the LA/MS border, prior to that hook it is identical to its previous runs if anything a little faster westward towards SE LA.

18Z had a very weak low or open wave coming in near Houma. This run is farther NE and stronger but still weak. If it is stronger these solutions are likely too far west.
Last edited by DestinHurricane on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#100 Postby Blinhart » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:28 pm

https://apps.sfwmd.gov/sfwmd/common/ima ... 19_ens.gif

If you look at the grey ensembles you will see most of them stay South and West of the main ones
0 likes   

Return to “2020”