ATL: BETA - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

USTropics
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: BETA - Models

#181 Postby USTropics » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:29 am

After 102 hours it's offshore again, coastal scraper all the way up the Texas coast. Likely secondary landfall occurring on the 00z ECMWF at 132 hours near the TX/LA border:
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#182 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:40 am

Latest Euro's rain through next Friday.

2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#183 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:44 am

SoupBone wrote:Latest Euro's rain through next Friday.

https://i.imgur.com/kccaRfX.png

Surprised it’s not more than that.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#184 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 am

Cpv17 wrote:

It moves it out pretty fast, though it's concerning that it's not that far offshore where the really heavy stuff is. Our paid weather service says 4"-8" around the Greater Houston Area.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#185 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:51 am

SoupBone wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

It moves it out pretty fast, though it's concerning that it's not that far offshore where the really heavy stuff is. Our paid weather service says 4"-8" around the Greater Houston Area.

I mean it sits in the same spot for 3-4 days. 4-8” wouldn’t be that bad especially over a 4 day window.
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#186 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:54 am

Cpv17 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

I mean it sits in the same spot for 3-4 days. 4-8” wouldn’t be that bad especially over a 4 day window.

That was the last forecast though, don't know if that will change. It's a battle now between the GFS/HWRF and the Euro. I'm interested to see if that GFS run was just some crazy fluke. The HWRF will not let up on this burying itself into Central Texas, which would be very bad for Corpus Christi.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#187 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:04 am

06Z GFS Rainfall would be very bad for Lake Charles and just north of Corpus Christi
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#188 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 am

At least 4 runs of the HWRF showing dissipation into Central Texas. I'm not gonna post the run, but it is similar to its last. Why is no one talking about it?
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#189 Postby South Texas Storms » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:18 am

SoupBone wrote:At least 4 runs of the HWRF showing dissipation into Central Texas. I'm not gonna post the run, but it is similar to its last. Why is no one talking about it?

It's certainly possible and has caught my eye as well. The 6z Euro also shows it moving farther inland into central TX. We definitely can't rule that scenario out.
1 likes   

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#190 Postby Nederlander » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:18 am

SoupBone wrote:At least 4 runs of the HWRF showing dissipation into Central Texas. I'm not gonna post the run, but it is similar to its last. Why is no one talking about it?

Because it’s still 5 days out. It’s starting to sniff out the approaching trough in the last run, just probably hasn’t got a good handle on it yet
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#191 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 am

South Texas Storms wrote:

It's certainly possible and has caught my eye as well. The 6z Euro also shows it moving farther inland into central TX. We definitely can't rule that scenario out.

Last night the GFS showed a somewhat similar run, then the Euro this morning. It seems like something is being sniffed out that makes the models think a more inland path is realistic. And it's more than 4 HWRF runs, that's only the ones I've been paying attention to. If that ends up verifying, the HWRF will have been days ahead of the other models on this. I guess we'll see.
5 likes   

JayTX
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#192 Postby JayTX » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:34 am

Those rainfall totals are what concern me. As close as they are to land its not a stretch they could move inland more and cause major problems. Especially being this many days out.
0 likes   

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#193 Postby catskillfire51 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:37 am

I mentioned a couple pages back on how good the HWRF has been this year especially in the Gulf, it even showed the storm being further NE before recon found the real center.
1 likes   

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#194 Postby Nederlander » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 am

JayTX wrote:Those rainfall totals are what concern me. As close as they are to land its not a stretch they could move inland more and cause major problems. Especially being this many days out.

Beta is going to have to contend with dry air, won’t have near the moisture pool as Harvey or Imelda to work with
1 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#195 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:16 am

Nederlander wrote:
JayTX wrote:Those rainfall totals are what concern me. As close as they are to land its not a stretch they could move inland more and cause major problems. Especially being this many days out.

Beta is going to have to contend with dry air, won’t have near the moisture pool as Harvey or Imelda to work with

Dry air could eat it up. We might not even get much rain from it here in SETX. Or we could get more if it doesn’t have as much dry air working against it. I guess we’ll see.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#196 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:18 am

Latest GFS would put some heavy rain south of Houston, and a bunch of rain into South Louisiana.

0 likes   

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#197 Postby catskillfire51 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:05 pm

HWRF and HMON both make landfall near East Matagorda Bay and Matagorda Bay. HWRF is Monday morning in East Matagorda Bay and HMON is Monday Evening in Matagorda Bay
0 likes   

setxweathergal64
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#198 Postby setxweathergal64 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 pm

catskillfire51 wrote:HWRF and HMON both make landfall near East Matagorda Bay and Matagorda Bay. HWRF is Monday morning in East Matagorda Bay and HMON is Monday Evening in Matagorda Bay

As what TS? Then what, Dissipate or head NE?
0 likes   
Texas Strong ❤

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#199 Postby catskillfire51 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:11 pm

setxweathergal64 wrote:
catskillfire51 wrote:HWRF and HMON both make landfall near East Matagorda Bay and Matagorda Bay. HWRF is Monday morning in East Matagorda Bay and HMON is Monday Evening in Matagorda Bay

As what TS? Then what, Dissipate or head NE?

As a high TS but the model isn't finished running yet so far 6 Hours later it is a little inland still headed west maybe a little southwest
0 likes   

swampdude
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#200 Postby swampdude » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:18 pm

The HWRF has proven to be pretty accurate this season. Until this drunk-sailor of a storm finds it's way, I might lean to the HWRF for no other particular reason. :wink:
1 likes   

Return to “2020”