ATL: BETA - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: BETA - Models

#201 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:29 pm

The HWRF is either gonna be real good with Beta or real bad. It's been at least 5 runs with almost the same solution of burying Beta into Central Texas. Disclaimer: It's only at 66 hours right now, but looks just like its previous 5 runs.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#202 Postby catskillfire51 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:32 pm

HMON makes a loop inland and is back off shore Matagorda at 102 hours
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#203 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:10 pm

At 72 Hours, the Euro looks very similar to the HWRF.

2 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

jaguars_22
Category 1
Category 1

#204 Postby jaguars_22 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:12 pm

Ok let’s pick that model so I can see some rain, because I have a feeling it will shift further north and leave me in dry side. Wish it would be a weak hurricane and move right over and continue west to provide some good rain
2 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#205 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 pm

jaguars_22 wrote:Ok let’s pick that model so I can see some rain, because I have a feeling it will shift further north and leave me in dry side. Wish it would be a weak hurricane and move right over and continue west to provide some good rain

I'm not sure where you are, but the Euro actually shows less rain for Houston than previous runs. Very strange. I guess dry air not letting it hit wider spread areas?

2 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#206 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:59 pm

More inland = weaker storm, less ability to draw in moisture.
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#207 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:18 pm

So the GFS dissipates it at around 72 hours then runs a remnant low up the Texas coast?
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#208 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Latest GFS rainfall, through next Saturday.

0 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#209 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 pm

I’m not sure where the NHC is getting these high amounts from when the globals are only showing a few inches. I think the mesoscale models will show more rain when we get in range though.
0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#210 Postby Blinhart » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Cpv17 wrote:I’m not sure where the NHC is getting these high amounts from when the globals are only showing a few inches. I think the mesoscale models will show more rain when we get in range though.

Multiple models have been showing high amount of rain.
0 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#211 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Blinhart wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:I’m not sure where the NHC is getting these high amounts from when the globals are only showing a few inches. I think the mesoscale models will show more rain when we get in range though.

Multiple models have been showing high amount of rain.

Which ones? The GFS and Euro have only been showing a few inches for the most part.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#212 Postby RL3AO » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:49 pm

The rainfall forecasts come from WPC not NHC.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#213 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:49 pm

The HWRF has been showing the same solution for at least 6 runs now.
0 likes   

mpic
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#214 Postby mpic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Could they be gun shy after Harvey and Imelda? People weren't prepared like they could have been with either. Just my opinion.

ADDED: I was a little miffed about it at first but still would have prepared for the worst especially with the direction it will come from.
Last edited by mpic on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
NE of Houston

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#215 Postby SoupBone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:53 pm

ICON's Rainfall Amounts

0 likes   

cheezyWXguy
Category 5
Category 5

#216 Postby cheezyWXguy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:59 pm

SoupBone wrote:ICON's Rainfall Amounts

https://i.imgur.com/ovpaSaO.png

Ha, as a Dallas resident I’ll gladly take that
3 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#217 Postby Steve » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:13 pm

18z NAM 3km simulated IR looks a little like what GCANE was talking about this morning with cold pool/shear influenced systems and how they can pulse. I would have failed physics because it makes no sense to me, so I just listen. But here you go. Nam wants to pulse 3 times and one final one at landfall which looks like a quality TS hit on the coast if it got those parts right.
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 91918&fh=6
0 likes   

davidiowx
Category 1
Category 1

#218 Postby davidiowx » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:07 pm

Steve wrote:18z NAM 3km simulated IR looks a little like what GCANE was talking about this morning with cold pool/shear influenced systems and how they can pulse. I would have failed physics because it makes no sense to me, so I just listen. But here you go. Nam wants to pulse 3 times and one final one at landfall which looks like a quality TS hit on the coast if it got those parts right.
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 91918&fh=6

That looks quite reasonable tbh. How strong the pulses are dealing with the dry air and shear (is it supposed to weaken at all? It should have already but what do I know) is the big question as far as QPF.
2 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#219 Postby Steve » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:04 pm

HRRR gets it to the TX Coast in 36h weakening in. This will be a good test to see if it had a clue.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 2000&fh=12

NAM 12km is similar. Slight change from the forecast - faster and maybe a bit north and weaker
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#220 Postby Steve » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Nam 3km is slower and more in line with the forecast as far as meso models.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 2000&fh=49
0 likes   

Return to “2020”