Dont go away,Stay at Storm2k all year long

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#41 Postby Brent » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:17 pm

TS Zack wrote:Hurricane Season Is Over. NOW BOREDUMM!!!!

Might want to check out 98L. :wink:
0 likes   
#neversummer

TS Zack
Category 4
Category 4

#42 Postby TS Zack » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:40 am

Thats why at the end I put everyone will come running back.

Its fun to watch! Now when this thing becomes a Cat 5. 60 Million people come on and the board gets slow.
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#43 Postby simplykristi » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:30 pm

I stick around all year round because I live in a part of the US that has the four seasons.

Kristi
0 likes   

SkeetoBite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#44 Postby SkeetoBite » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:07 pm

One of the greatest aspects of this site is the year round discussion, debate and activity. Most other sites almost completely shut down November to April. Not so with S2K.

I've learned a lot at this site and several pro mets and seasoned users have participated in the development of our maps.

We have added a logo link to Storm2k.org on our home page and are proud supporters of this site. I look forward to chatting with everyone this winter.
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby gatorcane » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:10 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we are tracking storms in Dec. So the break will be from Jan. - May and that's about it.
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#46 Postby KatDaddy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:02 pm

I will be here for New Years 2006 :)

After this year what a remembrance it will be :(
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

krysof

#47 Postby krysof » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:04 pm

boca_chris wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we are tracking storms in Dec. So the break will be from Jan. - May and that's about it.

and who knows if May is quiet
0 likes   

Clint_TX
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#48 Postby Clint_TX » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:19 pm

ok..thanks 4 the invite
0 likes   

Acral
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Me just an amatuer

#49 Postby Acral » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:12 pm

But I will be staying around as I got interested in weather patterns growing up in Birmingham and having to face the "supercell" systems in central Alabama.

I have developed some silly knack for predicting some of these things but it is only a hobby.
0 likes   

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#50 Postby Patrick99 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:55 am

Unless there's a strong El Nino, winter weather in South Florida is dull, dull, dull. The home of the broken record forecast. High 75-80, low 55 inland, 60 on the coast. Winds ENE 15-20 mph, with hardly any clouds.

The occasional front sweeps through, bringing with it little or no rain...gets cooler for 1-2 days, then reverts back to the above.
0 likes   

jim09091
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#51 Postby jim09091 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:11 am

Patrick99 wrote:Unless there's a strong El Nino, winter weather in South Florida is dull, dull, dull. The home of the broken record forecast. High 75-80, low 55 inland, 60 on the coast. Winds ENE 15-20 mph, with hardly any clouds.

The occasional front sweeps through, bringing with it little or no rain...gets cooler for 1-2 days, then reverts back to the above.

I'd take it in a heartbeat. After spending some winters here in Boston, MA, I can't wait to get back to a Florida "winter"!

I do believe we have enough excitement with Florida weather during the summer to last the whole year.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#52 Postby cycloneye » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:16 pm

As Wilma moves away from the US the activity will decrease in storm2k as members will go to rest from the fatigue of this hurricane season.This thread is posted to announce the members that if you are going away for a while dont do it for 6 months until june 1 of 2006 because stormn2k has many things that you can go and post about such as the winter forum,the US Weather forum,the off-topic forum and of course this Talking tropics forum will remain open all year around.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

dhweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#53 Postby dhweather » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:21 pm

It should be fun to discuss the 2005 "best tracks" this Winter, plus
ENSO futures, and the 2006 outlook! :D
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#54 Postby cycloneye » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:25 pm

dhweather wrote:It should be fun to discuss the 2005 "best tracks" this Winter, plus
ENSO futures, and the 2006 outlook! :D

BINGO !!! David that is why this Talking Tropics forum will remain open past November 30th not only to discuss about the cyclones in other parts of the world but to start the discussions about the 2006 season,el nino etc.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

tronbunny
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#55 Postby tronbunny » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:52 pm

Yup Storm2K is the best place to study and observe all year 'round.
I think we may have new data to chew on and toss around for our speculation about next years tropical outlook, as well as this year's winter for the tropics and subtropics.
Oh, and gotta keep informed about recovery and preparation from our record year and beyond.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#56 Postby Brent » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:56 pm

boca_chris wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we are tracking storms in Dec. So the break will be from Jan. - May and that's about it.

Hush your mouth... :lol:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby Brent » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:57 pm

TS Zack wrote:Its fun to watch! Now when this thing becomes a Cat 5. 60 Million people come on and the board gets slow.

Ding!
0 likes   
#neversummer

JtSmarts
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#58 Postby JtSmarts » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:03 pm

I'll try to come around periodically after November, however NBA season generally takes up my time until June :D .
0 likes   

FlaNativeMom
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#59 Postby FlaNativeMom » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:50 am

I would LOVE to become a regular! I only discovered this site towards the end of last season, and became a frequent (but silent) lurker this season - just registered and made my first post a few days ago.

I hesitated to join in the discussions sooner because, although I've lived in Fla all my life and had a good understanding of the basic terminology used by network meteorologists, I was blown away by the knowledge level held by many of your contributors here - both expert and amateur. I certainly didn't feel qualified to offer any comments or opinions that would be helpful to anyone, so I just tried to learn all I could from those more educated in this field than I.

Every time I started reading I realized how much more there was to the tracking / analyzing / forcasting of these storms than I had imagined. I bacame more and more interested in hurricanes and in understanding their development and behavior. I feel like I have learned so much this season, and am anxious to learn more! My homework assignment for myself this winter is to study the tropical analysis tools - dropsonde obs, vortex data, etc., and learn how to use them correctly. My kids think I'm nuts, of course - " Mom, :roll: why would you want to do homework?!" All I can say is, guess I caught the bug!

After reading this thread, I breathed a sigh of relief. I felt like I was just starting to get connected, and didn't want to wait till June to really dig in. Now I can do my research and check in here for info, support, or if I have a question. YEA!!! :boog:

And just a quick word to other "newbies" - While I would still not presume to offer any forcasts or predictions yet, especially on an impending storm being watched closely by nervous residents, I realized that even my limited input was welcome, particularly during the approach and aftermath of a storm. One of the great services this site provides is the real-time, intimate perspective of what conditions are like in multiple locations that can only come from the people who are there! Everyone wants to know what is happening in different areas, and our reports can contribute too. Additionally, I appreciate their patience with my occassional questions, many of which I'm sure they must get asked 1,000 times a year! I have found (most of :wink: ) the people on this site to be very kind and eager to provide us with info and advice.

Anyway, didn't mean to go on so long, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the great info and assistance this season, and YES I'm coming back! I would love to one day feel that my knowledge and experience was helping someone else facing a frightening storm, the way the people here have helped me. :cheesy: See you soon!!

Chelle
in Lakeland
0 likes   

Canelaw99
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#60 Postby Canelaw99 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:30 pm

I think we're ALL going to be here year round at the rate this 'cane season is going :hehe:
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”