Everyone Please Read #2

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rainband

Everyone Please Read #2

#1 Postby Rainband » Tue May 02, 2006 9:15 pm

Recently I have been seeing a lot of posts that are rude and uncalled for. Storm2k is unique because of One thing and that thing is RESPECT. We were founded on that corner stone and we take it VERY VERY seriously. The rules are very simple and to be followed by everyone. There are NO exceptions, from the novice poster, to the ProMet and yes even the Staff. There are one set of rules and we ALL must follow them to the letter.

This upcoming season, from what we know at this point proves to be a very active one. Storm2k is place where we all come for help and support during the season.

We are made up of many different kinds of people with different levels of knowledge. The one thing that brings us all together is our passion for the weather. We have all been in a situation in life where we don't see eye to eye with another individual. "We are all human" Message boards are just like life. If you read a post from a member and you don't see eye to eye take it with a grain of salt and move on.If you feel like debating, do it with RESPECT... If you have a problem with a poster that can be handled by a PM then use the feature. In the long run it may save you and them embarrassment. :wink: If not contact a staff member and we will handle it. My point here is if we all respect each other and learn to get along...we can make S2K even Better, if thats even possible. :wink: I look forward to working with each and every one of you all this season. Have a safe 2006 Hurricane Season and thanks for making Storm2k... "The Legal Addiction"

Sincerely
Johnathan
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue May 02, 2006 10:01 pm

I will try to be extra good this year...I will make a forecast like thing like I did for Mala for each storm. At least try...
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Lindaloo » Wed May 03, 2006 11:39 am

Well said Johnathan. I support you 100%
0 likes   

Rainband

#4 Postby Rainband » Wed May 03, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks Linda. :D
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby KatDaddy » Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 pm

Well said and always needed Johnathan. Remember everyone, this is where we moved to from other boards where moderators were non-existent. Lowes Storm 9X and 200X were ruined do to the flame wars.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rainband

#6 Postby Rainband » Wed May 03, 2006 9:25 pm

KatDaddy wrote:Well said and always needed Johnathan. Remember everyone, this is where we moved to from other boards where moderators were non-existent. Lowes Storm 9X and 200X were ruined do to the flame wars.
Thanks Kat Daddy 8-) . Nice to see you. :D Don't worry we will keep S2K seperate from all the rest :wink:
0 likes   

Jim Cantore

#7 Postby Jim Cantore » Wed May 03, 2006 9:44 pm

well said, I surely hope people read this and take it to heart this season 8-)
0 likes   

Typhoon_Willie
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Typhoon_Willie » Thu May 04, 2006 11:29 am

Very well said indeed!
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#9 Postby MiamiensisWx » Thu May 04, 2006 11:30 am

Great post! Thanks for the information, Rainband, and very well-said!
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby Stephanie » Thu May 04, 2006 7:54 pm

Great post Johnathan! :D
0 likes   

Rainband

#11 Postby Rainband » Fri May 05, 2006 1:08 am

Thanks Guys. :D Thanks stephanie :D
0 likes   

BayouVenteux
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby BayouVenteux » Fri May 05, 2006 12:48 pm

Well said. Having done some lurking on other weather discussion boards over the last few weeks as I get "warmed up" for the upcoming season, I can wholeheartedly say that the S2k moderators' dedication toward making sure posters' treat one another with respect is without equal, and to be commended. While checking out the other discussion boards I have read posts and replies to posts so graphic in their vitriol toward others they disagree with -- about the weather, for heaven's sake! -- that I would probably have to hide my screen if there were young children in the room.

Take a look around like I have...We've got it good here folks!

To Chad, Luis, mf_dolphin, Rainband, Lindaloo, Southerngale, Senorpepr, vbhoutex, CajunMama, Stephanie, and everyone else, THANK YOU! and keep up the great work.

Now it's high time I get that check in the mail :lol: :wink:
0 likes   

Rainband

#13 Postby Rainband » Fri May 05, 2006 5:44 pm

Thanks BayouVenteux, we do it all for you guys. :D And no matter what it takes, we will continue to remain seperate from the rest. :wink:
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Sat May 06, 2006 1:06 am

Truly a timely reminder, and thanks. Your post depicts S2K as it is, and should be--a forum for civil discourse among those of us who have, as you aptly put it, a passion for the weather. I welcome a hearty discussion, and even a healthy debate, but civility is the operative word. Individuals can share, agree, or even agree to disagree all in a spirit of mutual camaraderie, and that's what makes it such a great forum.

A2K
0 likes   
Flossy 56, Audrey 57, Hilda 64*, Betsy 65*, Camille 69*, Edith 71, Carmen 74, Bob 79, Danny, 85, Elena 85, Juan 85, Florence 88, Andrew 92*, Opal 95, Danny 97, Georges 98*, Isidore 02, Lili 02, Ivan 04, Cindy 05*, Dennis 05, Katrina 05*, Gustav 08*, Isaac 12*, Nate 17, Barry 19, Cristobal 20, Marco, 20, Sally, 20, Zeta 20*, Claudette 21 IDA* 21

Dustin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#15 Postby Dustin » Sat May 06, 2006 7:51 am

Well said rainband! :D
0 likes   

GulfBreezer
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby GulfBreezer » Thu May 11, 2006 10:29 am

On the same note as Johnathan.............(well said by the way) keep in mind that there are wayyyyyy more posts than there are mods, so if we miss something or need to take a look at something , please do not hesitate to PM one of us so that we can get on top of situations b4 they get out of hand. We do try to see it all but we depend on you all to make that happen. This will be a busy season without a doubt and we (mods) can only do so much, also keep in mind that many of us live in hurricane prone areas and stay on this board for information too. With that said, I have to also give MAJOR KUDOS to our members!!!! While we (mods) love getting "thank yous" we also realize that it is the members that make this board what it is!! HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU!!
0 likes   

Rainband

#17 Postby Rainband » Thu May 11, 2006 5:53 pm

GulfBreezer wrote:On the same note as Johnathan.............(well said by the way) keep in mind that there are wayyyyyy more posts than there are mods, so if we miss something or need to take a look at something , please do not hesitate to PM one of us so that we can get on top of situations b4 they get out of hand. We do try to see it all but we depend on you all to make that happen. This will be a busy season without a doubt and we (mods) can only do so much, also keep in mind that many of us live in hurricane prone areas and stay on this board for information too. With that said, I have to also give MAJOR KUDOS to our members!!!! While we (mods) love getting "thank yous" we also realize that it is the members that make this board what it is!! HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU!!
Well said :D
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby gatorcane » Thu May 11, 2006 10:37 pm

Yes Rainband, well-said. I think a periodic reminder within select threads that are getting out-of-hand is in order too
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”