When will florida cool down?

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

When will florida cool down?

#1 Postby JonathanBelles » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:56 pm

are there any non dud COLD fronts on the horizon?
0 likes   

Scorpion

#2 Postby Scorpion » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:02 pm

It's way too early. Florida summer does not end til late October or early November. Even then, the only relief is at night. Living in Florida, you should know this?
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#3 Postby JonathanBelles » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:06 pm

Scorpion wrote:It's way too early. Florida summer does not end til late October or early November. Even then, the only relief is at night. Living in Florida, you should know this?

yes i know this but they are predicting an early cold season and ive only lived here for 3 years in november.
0 likes   

Taffy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby Taffy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:35 pm

Don't feel bad. I have been here 28 years and I ask the same thing EVERY YEAR. I keep hoping that the answer will change!! :)

Now, on that note. I remember a couple of years ago, a cold front coming through the first week of October. Enough that I turned off the air for a few days. ( which is remarkable. anything over 83 and I am dieing of heat ) I am looking forward to that again and this year I "feel" that it will happen again.

So, hold out hope.
0 likes   
Taffy-SW Florida

Extremeweatherguy
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Extremeweatherguy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm

fact789 wrote:
Scorpion wrote:It's way too early. Florida summer does not end til late October or early November. Even then, the only relief is at night. Living in Florida, you should know this?

yes i know this but they are predicting an early cold season and ive only lived here for 3 years in november.
I remember in 2001 or 2002 there were a few days with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s during the early to middle part of October. That same year also featured a low of 23F at my location in central FL at the time. but unless you guys see a repeat of that..I wouldn't expect much cool weather until November like always.
0 likes   

Scorpion

#6 Postby Scorpion » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:53 pm

I expect this year to be somewhat earlier, due to the large amount of troughs digging deeper and deeper. I think lows might hit the mid 50's by mid-October here, and high 40's in Central Florida.
0 likes   

Taffy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby Taffy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:26 am

right now, I would take mid 80's for a high and less humid. WHEN? I keep checking the forcast hoping to find it. LOL

I am actually sick of the air conditioning. I still haven't taken the shutters down yet, either. SO, I am also sick of living in a cave of air conditioning.
sniggle.
:lol:
0 likes   
Taffy-SW Florida

jinftl
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby jinftl » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:43 am

According to NWS Miami, the lowest temp ever recorded in Miami for the month of September was 62...and that was a nighttime low.....and it was in the year 1903. Troughs or no troughs, it just isn't going to feel anything less than like summer for at least the rest of the month....and quite a bit longer.
0 likes   

johnq1954
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#9 Postby johnq1954 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:49 pm

I'm in the Tampa Bay area, have lived here for 18 years, and I have a 'rule of thumb' for declaring summer at an end:

When the nighttime temperature falls below 70, summer is over. This almost always occurs at the end of the first week of October.
0 likes   

mesocyclone
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#10 Postby mesocyclone » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Low around 59F this wednesday for the Jacksonville area.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”