Error when I tried to post thru the Quick Reply & PM's

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

#21 Postby Jagno » Mon May 14, 2007 3:17 pm

It's been giving me the same message every single time I reply to a post.
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby chadtm80 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:52 am

mf_dolphin wrote:The error occurs when the board tries to send and e-mail to anyone. If you make a post and someone else is watching the topic the the error occurs because the board attempts to send them a message. By the same token if you send someone a PM and they have their PM notification turned on then your PM triggers an attempt to e-mail and thus the error.

Just to clarify on what Marshall has said.. Even though you get the error when sending the PM.. The pm WILL STILL GO THROUGH. So if you get the error, please do not try to resend the pm as it did infact go though. The error is just stating that the email notification will not be sent. So again please do not resend the PM as it will only flood the members PM box you are sending to. If you would like to verify that the PM is actuall going through just to to your PM inbox and click the Sentbox/and the outbox. You will see the PM showing there proving that the PM has infact gone throughl.

Marshall and I have talked to the Sever Admin to today to verify it is being taken care of. Steve will be to the Lab with in the hour to submit the work ticket and it will be solved. We do apologize, but remember it is nothing more then an annoance then anything else as your posts/PM's will/are still going thorough. Just hang in there with us as this will be solved.

Thanks - Storm2k Management
0 likes   

msbee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby msbee » Tue May 15, 2007 5:18 pm

I got that error when I posted on the donation thread yetserday.. that's why I posted 4 times..I thought the posts weren't going through..
0 likes   
Too many hurricanes to remember

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby TexasStooge » Tue May 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Gotten the same thing the past 2 days now.
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed May 16, 2007 4:04 pm

All issues with e-mail notifications appear to be resolved. Please let us know if anyone get's athe DEBUG message again. Thanks for everyone's patience!
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”