Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#21 Postby RL3AO » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 am

Welcome to S2K Diwestender, Smurfwicked, and stormy1970al.
0 likes   

Smurfwicked
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re:

#22 Postby Smurfwicked » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:22 am

RL3AO wrote:Welcome to S2K Diwestender, Smurfwicked, and stormy1970al.

Thanks for the warm welcome 8-)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Guests...

#23 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:00 pm

I see more than 100 guests lurking.Come in and participate in the chat and discussions about all the systems in the Atlantic and Pacific.
0 likes   

bing
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#24 Postby bing » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Joined awhile back, hi from Burnet, Tx. I've been busy watching Peak Oil, if 94L goes into the gulf, doncha know oils gonna go up!!!!
0 likes   

storms in NC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby storms in NC » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Hey all. come and sit a spell and join in our post.
0 likes   

dhsgal
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#26 Postby dhsgal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:56 pm

well, i have been lurking for about2 months....what ya'll predict is very important to my job. I love the side smirks,
competion and jabs, but most of all I love what I am learning. Ya'll work to tell us what, when and where...I am in
a job where we pick up the pieces after a storm hits. I have been right there after the fact and know what these
magnifent wonders of nature can really do. Enjoy the thrill of the track but pray for those in the forcasted track.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby artist » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:04 pm

dhsgal wrote:well, i have been lurking for about2 months....what ya'll predict is very important to my job. I love the side smirks,
competion and jabs, but most of all I love what I am learning. Ya'll work to tell us what, when and where...I am in
a job where we pick up the pieces after a storm hits. I have been right there after the fact and know what these
magnifent wonders of nature can really do. Enjoy the thrill of the track but pray for those in the forcasted track.

Welcome dhsgal! I don't envy you your job.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#28 Postby southerngale » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:33 pm

Welcome to all of our new members! :)

Anyone else out there lurking? Come on and join us! We don't bite. Well, except for Brent.
0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#29 Postby abajan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Smurfwicked wrote:I don't ever remember registering or posting but evidently I have. But I too have just been a thread reader during the hurricane seasons over the past few years. Glad to be part of the community.
That's odd... Nevertheless, welcome to S2K!
0 likes   

boogiefrizz
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby boogiefrizz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Hello all. This is my first post as well. I am a long time lurker but recently registered. I have always been fascinated with weather but particularly hurricanes lately. Found you guys last year and have been hooked ever since! I am a south MS Katrina refugee (not directly on the coast, but I assure you that the devastation went WELL inland) and now live in the FL panhandle. So this forum is very important to me! I am learning more and more every day and am appreciative of the info, debate, theories, predictions, etc.

I will probably continue to lurk about because the pro mets and moderators comments intimidate me quite a bit! I have much to learn before I can sit at the adult table. :D

Until then, I will continue to check this forum multiple times a day and fuel my growing obsession...
0 likes   

RainWind

#31 Postby RainWind » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:43 pm

My first post, and I must say that I have lurked for years. Have learned so much from all of you. And, I have enjoyed the banter and the sharing of info today! Thanks to you all, and I am praying that everyone stays safe through the season! RW
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#32 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Glad to see all the new members! Welcome to the S2K family! Looking foreward to seeing yall get involved as we have forums on just about anything :P
0 likes   

americanrebel
Category 1
Category 1

#33 Postby americanrebel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:38 pm

boogiefrizz wrote:Hello all. This is my first post as well. I am a long time lurker but recently registered. I have always been fascinated with weather but particularly hurricanes lately. Found you guys last year and have been hooked ever since! I am a south MS Katrina refugee (not directly on the coast, but I assure you that the devastation went WELL inland) and now live in the FL panhandle. So this forum is very important to me! I am learning more and more every day and am appreciative of the info, debate, theories, predictions, etc.

I will probably continue to lurk about because the pro mets and moderators comments intimidate me quite a bit! I have much to learn before I can sit at the adult table. :D

Until then, I will continue to check this forum multiple times a day and fuel my growing obsession...

There is no reason to be intimidated, their bark is worse than their bite, LMAO, they are very direct when need to be but can also be very helpful to us novice Hurricane Hunters/Trackers.
0 likes   

JusLimin
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#34 Postby JusLimin » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:35 am

Some of the 'guests' may be like me. I'm a member but because I so rarely post I often forget or don't bother logging in.

I enjoy the site and info. whether I'm logged in or not.
0 likes   

Red_Fish
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#35 Postby Red_Fish » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:07 pm

Spent two of my best years in College studying Meteorology at Texas A&M ... washed out in my fourth semester (Differential Equations ate my lunch). Been lurking here for a long while and I have kept up my love of weather phenomenon as a personal hobby. Thanks for the invite to participate; there are some really educated armatures on this forum ... keep up the good work. I will participate where I can. If you are in the Houston area, give me a shout!
:D
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#36 Postby MBismyPlayground » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:19 pm

wwhooaaa, something I can respond to and reason to actually log in.... Welcome All New Peoples! I am another who doesn't bother to log in much as I tend to read and lurk... of course, we get a biggie, then that is subject to change....
0 likes   

americanrebel
Category 1
Category 1

#37 Postby americanrebel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:45 pm

I think this needs to be sticky, we have over 200 guest at this time.

Once again, all guest are welcome to sign up and say hello, it is free and very useful to get ideas of what is going on in the tropics and other weather systems.
0 likes   

Typhoon_Willie
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby Typhoon_Willie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Welcome to all the newbies here. I know you guys will have a lot of fun here.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#39 Postby RL3AO » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm

To the almost 300 guests lurking, why don't you take a moment to register and introduce yourself? We welcome everyone to join in the conversations, from meteorologists to mere weather watchers.
0 likes   

storms NC
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#40 Postby storms NC » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 am

MBismyPlayground wrote:wwhooaaa, something I can respond to and reason to actually log in.... Welcome All New Peoples! I am another who doesn't bother to log in much as I tend to read and lurk... of course, we get a biggie, then that is subject to change....

But very few will even post if it a Southeast coast storm. You can look back over the years and when one come our way they don't bother. But the ones who does I thank them for keeping us up dated. I did come on and post then learned to just sit back a read.
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”