Please Let Us Know

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
WhirlWind
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Please Let Us Know

#261 Postby WhirlWind » Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 am

Hey Chad and all members, Well I was a member of the old PBI board and followed everyone else here on Oct. 13, 2002, and have never left. True to Storm2k :D I hope everyone has a safe hurricane season 2010
WhirlWind
aka: Carrie
0 likes   

Rocketman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#262 Postby Rocketman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:52 am

I'm pretty sure it was the old PBI board.
0 likes   
Amateur Radio Extra Class licensee / SkyWarn Certified

tronbunny
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#263 Postby tronbunny » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am

flahurricane.com link in mid 2004.
Charley blew me in the door!
:D
0 likes   

MomH
Category 1
Category 1

#264 Postby MomH » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:24 pm

It has been so long ago I don't remember. I do know that from the first of June until the end of November, I usually check in at least once a day and during active storms more like 3-4 times. Thank any and all of you knowledgeable people who post here. I feel less anxious when I know how the majority are seeing things.

MomH
0 likes   

ndale
Category 1
Category 1

#265 Postby ndale » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:40 pm

It was back in the winter, I was searching the internet for potential for snow in central Tx.

Edited for word left out.
0 likes   
Any opinions stated are those of an amateur, please take with several grains of salt and for official forecast refer to the National Weather Service.

cigtyme
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#266 Postby cigtyme » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:29 am

Other sites i frequent during hurricane season were blocked at work so i googled tropical weather forums and here i am!!
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#267 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:21 am

wzrgirl1 wrote:just happen to find it one day when I was surfing about weather
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

eyesontropics
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#268 Postby eyesontropics » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 am

goPBI.com - 7 years ago
0 likes   

StormTracker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#269 Postby StormTracker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I think it was Google that I was searching for hurricane tracking/plotting!
0 likes   
Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet!

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#270 Postby jasons2k » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 am

After all this time, I realized I have never responded to this thread.

I was on the old Lowe's board, I believe all the way back to '95 when it first started. I'm sure I was under a different name, either "jschlitz" or something to do with Texas Tech (maybe TTU-something?).

I stayed with them on-and-off until 2002. I moved back to Dallas in November 2002, so I lost interest in the tropics altogether. I disappeared and completely missed the mass exodus over to S2K.

We moved back to Houston in 2005 and with that busy season, my interest was piqued again. I went back to the old Lowe's/PBI board - and found it desolate. Only Jim from Tallahassee and a handful of other old timers remained. I posted 'where did everybody go?' and someone PM'd me a link to S2K.

So, when I got here, I saw "ahh, that's where Southerngale, Dixiebreeze, and all the rest of them went".

I've been here ever since and never looked back :-)

PS: Has it really been 15 years now since it all began? WOW time flies!!
0 likes   

Lane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#271 Postby Lane » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

I found this site last year during winter, I was trying to see if the south was going to get snow. My GF said I should find a forum where there was other weather freaks like me. I did a google search of winter weather forum and I liked the name of this site and here I am.
0 likes   
Lane

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

scotto
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#272 Postby scotto » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:37 pm

My brother, mvtrucking, told me about this site around Katrina. I tracked Gustav till landfall where he removed part of my roof and left me without power for some 8 days....... I have been hooked every since. I have learned a lot this year and look forward to the remainder of this season and many more. Thanks.
0 likes   

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#273 Postby Dean4Storms » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Someone posted a link to you on TWC boards back in 03 I believe and eventually stayed here and never went back.
0 likes   

Ev1948
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#274 Postby Ev1948 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm

We moved here to FL from South NJ, Feb 2008, not ever having to worry about Hurricanes or Tropical Storms..Well that summer, on the news they were taking alot of TS Fay, I was scared to death, so I started googling weather websites and found all of you..I just joined a few months ago..I am in awe of all of you and, love to read your post, about the storms, you all have helped me with the fear of them, you guys and gals get so excited, while talking about them :D Now I have yet to get through the first hurricane, so I might feel a whole lot different..soon with 91L or um, maybe Colin? :double:
0 likes   

Gladstone
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#275 Postby Gladstone » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:22 am

I had probably 10,000 posts under my belt in the 1990s before the World Wide Web supplanted USENET at the place to be for discussion groups. (For those who may be confused, the World Wide Web is not the internet; it's a modern part of the internet. USENET is another part of the internet - a part that was dominant years ago but little used today.)

As for the sites we're all familiar with in the 2000s, I've either lurked or posted on several but certainly not all of them. I think I posted briefly here about five or six so years ago but was already a member elsewhere so never really spent much time with S2K.

Though I'd long forgotten my membership info here I did remain an occasional lurker. Not much pleased with other sites I've posted in, I decided yesterday to just open a new account here.

Though not a pro, I'm fairly well learned in meteorology. I enjoy sharing my knowledge as much as I enjoy learning new things. A prolific poster I'll likely not be but you'll see me from time to time.

Looking forward to a pleasant experience with all of you,

Gladstone in North Carolina
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#276 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 am

Welcome aboard Gladstone. We look forward to your posting and sharing your knowledge. That is a big part of what we are all about.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

chzzdekr81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#277 Postby chzzdekr81 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:14 pm

My uncle told me about it.
0 likes   
I survived Rita, Humberto, Edouard, and Ike.

wx4tv
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#278 Postby wx4tv » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:28 am

I saw Jim Cantore looking at the site while we were covering a hurricane together.
0 likes   

kurtpage
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#279 Postby kurtpage » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:06 am

I joined about 5 years ago....found you on Google.
0 likes   

ikesurvivorinBCTX
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#280 Postby ikesurvivorinBCTX » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 pm

I was on my local news internet forums and someone mentioned this site about 2 years ago right before Ike. Been lurking ever since. Joined recently :D
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”