Oklahoma Winter Weather 2011-2012

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
jporterOCCC
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Oklahoma Winter Weather 2011-2012

#1 Postby jporterOCCC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Anyone have any ideas on the Winter weather for Oklahoma this upcoming winter season?
0 likes   

jporterOCCC
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: Oklahoma Winter Weather 2011-2012

#2 Postby jporterOCCC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm

0 likes   

jporterOCCC
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby jporterOCCC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm

0 likes   

somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#4 Postby somethingfunny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm

You Oklahomans can join us in the Texas Winter Weather thread. We've always thought of you as sort of an independent province of Texas. :)
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

amawea
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby amawea » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:20 pm

You Oklahomans can join us in the Texas Winter Weather thread. We've always thought of you as sort of an independent province of Texas.

Seeing as how I was raised in Oklahoma I'll go along with that as long as your in agreement that Oklahoma should always beat Texas in football. :cheesy: :P
0 likes   

jporterOCCC
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby jporterOCCC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks Funny
I figured if I started a forum maybe just maybe it will make it colder. I am so ready for the snow to come and the heat to go away.
0 likes   

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby TwisterFanatic » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:57 am

Watched the Weather the other night, they gave a "sneak peek" to their Winter Forecast. They're calling for a Colder than average, and Above average precipitation, similar to last winter.

I know one things, I can't wait for those 60 degree highs and 40 degrees nights in late September and October. 8-)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby TwisterFanatic » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:51 am

GFS showing a decent front making its way through Oklahoma in about 8-9 days, has been showing it for a while. Looks like Highs in the 70's to low 80's and lows in the 50's. Lets all hope that comes to fruition.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby Tireman4 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 am

Where is Extreme Weather Guy?
0 likes   

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby TwisterFanatic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 am

GFS still showing the front on tonight's 0z run, but not as pronounced. High's in the lower to mid 80's state wide, and lows in the 60's at night. Still not bad
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#11 Postby Portastorm » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:33 am

Tireman4 wrote:Where is Extreme Weather Guy?

EWG, as we called him, was a very active member of this forum once upon a time. He was living in SE Texas and then moved to Oklahoma. I think he's still a member but we don't see him much.

EWG was an avid computer model watcher during winter season and was usually the first to alert us about impending wintry weather as depicted by one of the models. Great member and if you're reading this, EWG, we miss ya bud!
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby TwisterFanatic » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:31 am

0z GFS has gone a little bit more pronounced with the front. In 8 days, the GFS is showing some very comfortable weather. High's in the 70's and night in the 50's. Looks like a pattern change may be around the corner for Oklahoma, just maybe.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Re:

#13 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:28 am

Portastorm wrote:
Tireman4 wrote:Where is Extreme Weather Guy?

EWG, as we called him, was a very active member of this forum once upon a time. He was living in SE Texas and then moved to Oklahoma. I think he's still a member but we don't see him much.

EWG was an avid computer model watcher during winter season and was usually the first to alert us about impending wintry weather as depicted by one of the models. Great member and if you're reading this, EWG, we miss ya bud!

The last time he was on the site was August 2. I hope he will be back, at least for the Winter.
Those temps above sound beyond wonderful!!! I hope you guys get them.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby TwisterFanatic » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:29 am

Still tonight, the GFS in the medium and especially long range showed a significant pattern change that would go from a death ridge to trough after trough over much of the country. Cool down this weekend/into next week still looking very good.
0 likes   

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby TwisterFanatic » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 am

First fall front should be arriving in NW Oklahoma tomorrow afternoon, and move through the rest of the state by Sunday morning.
0 likes   

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby TwisterFanatic » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:00 pm

A high temp of 81 today. :froze:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#17 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am

TwisterFanatic wrote:A high temp of 81 today. :froze:

That sounds downright cold!!! :cold:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby TwisterFanatic » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Record low of 43 being forecast for tonight. 8-)
0 likes   

TwisterFanatic
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby TwisterFanatic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:32 am

Freeze Watch/Frost Advisories posted for almost the entire state. First real 'cold' blast of the season.

Looks to be a even cooler blast in the next 7-10 days.
0 likes   

amawea
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby amawea » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

It is supposed to be a frost tonight and tomorrow night maybe even a light freeze in the lower valleys. I love this weather.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”