Iran Nuclear Standoff

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1241 Postby Bunkertor » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

FWIK there were 6 cruise missles loaded and 5 touched down, 1 was lost and there were not further investigations taken on the case.
From my point of view you should only demand from others what you are willing to offer by yourself. Israel didn´t even sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty of Nuclear Weapons, although even Prime Ehud Olmert told the truth accidently and the israeli citiczen, Vanunu, has been injailed 18 (?) years, 11 isolated, because he blew the whistle on Dimona and the isr nuke program. So, i´m not a fan of Ahmadinejad, neither am i a notiorous Israel basher, but when there are rules, you gotta abide. And such a treaty is no one way ticket. The Republic of Iran signed, Israel did not.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1242 Postby brunota2003 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:25 am

If you are talking about the unauthorized flight of 6 nukes and 6 dummy nukes on cruise missiles in 2007, when it was supposed to be 12 cruise missiles armed with dummy nukes, none of the nukes went "missing" (outside of the 36 hours between being loaded on the aircraft and being found at another base).
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1243 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Bunkertor I don't know where you're getting your information but I'd find a new source. While all kinds of proceedures were violated in the 2007 incident there were no nukes lost.

As to the treaty, Iran signed the treaty but has been in almost constant violation of that very same treaty.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran Nuclear Standoff

#1244 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 am

Israel will not notify the U.S of an attack to Iran's Nuclear facilities.

Israeli officials say they won't warn the U.S. if they decide to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities, one U.S. intelligence official familiar with the discussions told the Associated Press. The pronouncement, delivered in a series of private, top-level conversations, sets a tense tone ahead of meetings in the coming days at the White House and Capitol Hill.

Israeli officials said that if they eventually decide a strike is necessary, they would keep the Americans in the dark to decrease the likelihood that the U.S. would be held responsible for failing to stop Israel's potential attack. The U.S. has been working with the Israelis for months to persuade them that an attack would be only a temporary setback to Iran's nuclear program.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02 ... z1ng8xXXAn
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1245 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 am

Can't say I'm surprised...
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1246 Postby cycloneye » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:11 pm

This is what military analists are discussing about how a war between Israel and Iran would look like,if it comes to that.

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/ ... e-shootout
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1247 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:13 am

If I were to make a prediction it would be that Israel will strike before the end of June. I'll also go out on a limb as say that we'll have a hand in the strike as well. At a minimum I think we'll supply support such as refueling and intelligence but I wouldn't be surprised if we also assist with some heavy strike aircraft. That's the one thing that Irael is missing from their military arsenal.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#1248 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 pm

I can't help but believe that all of this talk about us not knowing is just smoke and mirrors. IMO, both Israel and the US have our part in the invasion of Iran already figured out and probably ready to go. I imagine you have the timeline down pretty good Marshall.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1249 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 pm

The Saudi's have given Irael permission to overfly their territory if needed. While that's not the best route, (Jordan-Iraq is shorter), it's definitely within reach. I wou;dn't be surprised if the Saudi's even offered more direct support up to and including letting Isreali jets operate out of one of their remote airfields. I still hope it won't happen but my confidence in a peaceful solution is getting lower every day.
0 likes   

gigabite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1250 Postby gigabite » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:09 pm

vbhoutex wrote:I can't help but believe that all of this talk about us not knowing is just smoke and mirrors. IMO, both Israel and the US have our part in the invasion of Iran already figured out and probably ready to go. I imagine you have the timeline down pretty good Marshall.

I think it is very opportunistic on both sides to take advantage of the shift in the balance of power. One to restore the status quo the other to capitalize on the offset.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1251 Postby cycloneye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Israeli Prime Minister says they reserve right to attack Iran

But Obama want sanctions to work.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told President Obama that Israel would decide for itself whether to strike Iran.

“My supreme responsibility as prime minister of Israel is to ensure that Israel remains the master of its fate,” Netanyahu told Obama.

http://freebeacon.com/netanyahu-to-obam ... to-strike/
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1252 Postby cycloneye » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 am

Iran can produce Nuclear Weapons,but will never do so

That is what an Irani lawmaker said in admision.Now let's see what will be the next chapter in this long standoff.

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran has the knowledge and scientific capability to produce nuclear weapons but will never do so, a prominent lawmaker has said.

Gholamreza Mesbahi Moghadam is a parliamentarian not a government official and his views do not represent the Iranian government's policy. It however is the first time that such a prominent Iranian politician has publicly stated that Iran has the technological capability to produce a nuclear weapon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/07 ... z1rMkIFIwJ
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1253 Postby Bunkertor » Sun May 06, 2012 1:48 pm

After several former chiefs of the isr. intellicence services, Mossad, Shin Bet etc. spoke out against a war with the Iran, ( Ex-Mossad Boss Meir Dagan started the discussion off ) rumors of a coup are trending on the internet.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#1254 Postby vbhoutex » Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 pm

I pulled this from facebook. Iran seems to be full of lies and thinks the rest of us are stupid. I don't see this charade, on both sides, going on much longer without Iran being attacked. I hope I am wrong!!!

Analysts: Iran may be cleaning nuclear work at military site
http://www.israelhayom.com
Iran may be "erasing" evidence of nuclear weapons work at its Parchin military complex, according to a Washington-based research institute's analysis • The U.N.'s nuclear watchdog has expressed interest in inspecting the site, which Iran has not allowed.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

SouthernMet
Category 3
Category 3

#1255 Postby SouthernMet » Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 am

0 likes   
Nothing that SouthernMet posts, is an official forecast,nor does it reflect views of STORM2K.. SouthernMet is just adding to the great discussions on STORM2K.. Refer to NWS for official forecasts.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1256 Postby cycloneye » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 pm

The war drums are sounding once again in Israel. Let's see what happens this time as past war talk has not gone anywhere.

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews ... ID20120810

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel's prime minister and defence minister would like to attack Iran's nuclear sites before the U.S. election in November but lack crucial support within their cabinet and military, an Israeli newspaper said on Friday.

The front-page report in the biggest-selling daily Yedioth Ahronoth came amid mounting speculation - fuelled by media leaks from both the government and its detractors at home and abroad - that war with Iran could be imminent even though it might rupture the bedrock ties between Israel and the United States.

"Were it up to Benjamin Netanyahu and Ehud Barak, an Israeli military strike on the nuclear facilities in Iran would take place in the coming autumn months, before the November election in the United States," Yedioth said in the article by its two senior commentators, which appeared to draw on discussions with the defence minister but included no direct quotes.

Spokesmen for Prime Minister Netanyahu and Barak declined to comment.

Yedioth said the top Israeli leaders had failed to win over other security cabinet ministers for a strike on Iran now, against a backdrop of objections by the armed forces given the big tactical and strategic hurdles such an operation would face.

"The respect which in the past formed a halo around prime ministers and defence ministers and helped them muster a majority for military decisions, is gone, no more," Yedioth said. "Either the people are different, or the reality is different."

Israel has long threatened to attack its arch-foe, seeing a mortal menace in Iranian nuclear advances and dwindling opportunities to deal them a blow with its limited military clout. Washington has urged Israel to give diplomacy more time.

The war talk is meant, in part, to stiffen sanctions on Tehran - which denies seeking the bomb and says its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes - by conflict-wary world powers. Israel and the United States have publicly sought to play down their differences, the latter saying military force would be a last-ditch option against Iran.
0 likes   

Janie2006
Category 5
Category 5

#1257 Postby Janie2006 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

It seems to me that, historically, Israel has struck whenever it perceives a mortal threat to its security. One example would be the airstrike on Iraq's nuclear power plants during the 1980s (IIRC). While I think it would *like* to have some sort of consensus from Washington on any military moves, I do think it won't hesitate if it thinks a crisis point has been reached, even if it stands alone in the UN or any other international body.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#1258 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Is the US all in on Iran if negotiations fail?
http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=6800&r=1
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1259 Postby cycloneye » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:46 am

vbhoutex wrote:Is the US all in on Iran if negotiations fail?
http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=6800&r=1

What I have seen in the past months of talking about this is that Israel would bomb the nuclear facilities and then the U.S would help later but what Mr Ross says there seems to indicate the U.S would do it first. We will see what occurs.
0 likes   

gigabite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1260 Postby gigabite » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Dude, don't you think a targeted vectored field spray of a mild modified BZ hallucinogenic ( maybe militarized peyote ) delivered from a drone would be cost effective, and more then enough push the progressive middle class to MLK type sit in.

"The eleventh election of the President of Iran is scheduled to be held on 14 June 2013 to elect the seventh President, successor of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who is barred from standing for a third term. The elections will take place on the same day as local council elections"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_pr ... tion,_2013
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”